Jump to content
Kojib

Fringe - bounty hunters and unwanteds

Recommended Posts

So, just spitballing here, but this game seems very much focused on the rebel/imperial battles. I suppose the game is small enough scale that you could have a 'scum and villainy' faction, but I don't think it would make much sense in the grand scale of things. When would they organise themselves fully toward a battleground kind of scenario. 

That said, there are lots of characters from that side of the universe that people love and wouldn't be out of place in a game like this, so I'm suggesting that there may be a fringe colour of units that can be recruited to either side? A sort of grey area, where you can hire them regardless of which faction you're playing. This could include bounty hunters and units that were unsavoury types, but potentially the kind that both the rebels or the Imperials may end up hiring to bolster their own ranks.

We know that even many imperial generals looked down on the use of bounty hunters, but Vader used them anyway. I'm sure the same applied to commanders on the Rebel side. 

Is there flavour/EU potential here? Or am I stabbing in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kojib said:

That said, there are lots of characters from that side of the universe that people love and wouldn't be out of place in a game like this, so I'm suggesting that there may be a fringe colour of units that can be recruited to either side? A sort of grey area, where you can hire them regardless of which faction you're playing. This could include bounty hunters and units that were unsavoury types, but potentially the kind that both the rebels or the Imperials may end up hiring to bolster their own ranks.

We know that even many imperial generals looked down on the use of bounty hunters, but Vader used them anyway. I'm sure the same applied to commanders on the Rebel side. 

I think that would make a lot of sense for incorporating bounty hunters, smugglers, some alien races, and some otherwise neutral or not-involved factions (crime-lords, etc.) into a Rebel or Imperial force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, OddballE8 said:

I'm pretty sure we'll see a Scum and Villainy faction in the future.

Just look at X-wing.
All the arguments as for why they wouldn't fit in Legion are the same for X-wing and they're still there.

Lore arguments aside, 3 factions are much better for tournament environment than 2 factions. This is 50% less in-faction battles.

I hope we'll see Scum sooner than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Scums in X-Wing and IA are no armies, they temporary teams, that fight for this one job. A full army of 8 differnet mercenarys, bounty hunters and gangster doesn't sound like a awesome army for me. 

I can imagane we get sub-factions, so if a player want to play a Wookie or Mandalorian army, he get some bonuses. In Age of Sigmar there are just 4 factions and lot of sub-factions and it works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Bishop said:

The Scums in X-Wing and IA are no armies, they temporary teams, that fight for this one job. A full army of 8 differnet mercenarys, bounty hunters and gangster doesn't sound like a awesome army for me. 

I can imagane we get sub-factions, so if a player want to play a Wookie or Mandalorian army, he get some bonuses. In Age of Sigmar there are just 4 factions and lot of sub-factions and it works fine.

Scum in X-wing includes Mandalorians, Hutts, Black Sun and some other independent organizations. Every one of them is able to field well-equipped infantry platoon with some support easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bohun242 said:

What is the difference?

There were a ton of books that appeared after the original series (4-5-6) but Disney said they are non-cannon so they don't exist for gaming purposes.

A nonaligned faction could join any faction for reasons of their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sirdrasco said:

There were a ton of books that appeared after the original series (4-5-6) but Disney said they are non-cannon so they don't exist for gaming purposes.

A nonaligned faction could join any faction for reasons of their own.

1. Hutts exist -  Return of the Jedi. Mandalorians exists - Rebels. Black Sun Exists - Clone Wars. You can find multiple X-wing miniatures with Black Sun Emblem. There are pilots from Mandalore (Fenn Rau) or Black Sun (Xizor). So yes, they do exists for gaming purposes.

2. And why non-aligned faction could not just fight for the reason of their own?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...