Sign in to follow this  
GrandAdmiralCrunch

New Picture from Battlefront II

On 9/3/2017 at 9:12 AM, Wraithdt said:

Not sure why some of you are so worked up about this? So things are bigger in the Sequel trilogy. So what? Its not like that never happened in the old EU. Remember Dark Empire, New Jedi Order?

Some of you are acting like your live's will be ruined by this design decision that may not even effect the quality of the actual film. 

Anyway you'll always have Rogue One and the OT to rewatch over and over again. Let the rest of us enjoy and be excited for the Sequels.

I like how people threw a giant tantrum over the EU getting pushed into "canon if we use it again" because it was allegedly so good, but the EU also had Death Star superlasers mounted on Star Destroyers and Palpatine creating Force Storms big enough to destroy solar systems wherever he wanted. And complaining that Rey is "just Luke as a girl" but it was fine when Dash Rendar was just blond Han Solo? I'll admit that I'm concerned that we actually are going to see a retread of Empire Strikes Back, but it's amazing how many people seem to forget that a villain with seemingly infinite resources and a fixation on superweapons is basically the fuel that runs Star Wars. 

That said, I will be pretty salty if they prove me wrong. I've said a few times that while TFA does follow the original movie in many ways, there's a lot of room for it to go in different directions. Rey and Kylo have a different dynamic than Luke and Vader did, for instance. The Death Star destroying Alderaan was an excessive show of force from the ruling power, the First Order using Starkiller base was more like the Pearl Harbour attack if it had been aimed at Washington. There's a lot of little differences to the "samey" bits that could make the sequel trilogy go in a very different direction from the original, and I'll be disappointed if they don't take advantage of that. I'm fine with nods and homages, those are basically mandatory. But I will be upset if it really does just turn into ESB 2: Scifi Boogaloo. 

1 hour ago, Hockeyzombie said:

I like how people threw a giant tantrum over the EU getting pushed into "canon if we use it again" because it was allegedly so good, but the EU also had Death Star superlasers mounted on Star Destroyers and Palpatine creating Force Storms big enough to destroy solar systems wherever he wanted. And complaining that Rey is "just Luke as a girl" but it was fine when Dash Rendar was just blond Han Solo? I'll admit that I'm concerned that we actually are going to see a retread of Empire Strikes Back, but it's amazing how many people seem to forget that a villain with seemingly infinite resources and a fixation on superweapons is basically the fuel that runs Star Wars. 

That said, I will be pretty salty if they prove me wrong. I've said a few times that while TFA does follow the original movie in many ways, there's a lot of room for it to go in different directions. Rey and Kylo have a different dynamic than Luke and Vader did, for instance. The Death Star destroying Alderaan was an excessive show of force from the ruling power, the First Order using Starkiller base was more like the Pearl Harbour attack if it had been aimed at Washington. There's a lot of little differences to the "samey" bits that could make the sequel trilogy go in a very different direction from the original, and I'll be disappointed if they don't take advantage of that. I'm fine with nods and homages, those are basically mandatory. But I will be upset if it really does just turn into ESB 2: Scifi Boogaloo. 

But what if we got ESB 2: Judgement Day?

...and yes, I am totally advocating for Sith Lord Schwarzenegger.

On 9/5/2017 at 8:54 AM, Grumbleduke said:

Or that people eat them. Luke's been stuck on that planet for years, what else do you think he's been living off?

They look delicious. I could probably get past the sentient thing.

Mmmmmm.... Porg veal

/s

12 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Funny thing is, I created this thread to draw attention to the First Order Bombers. 

Talk about a thread derailing...

So do we know if they are inverted colored Tie bombers or are they inverted colored Tie Punishers considering how the FO likes making everything bigger?