Sign in to follow this  
GrandAdmiralCrunch

New Picture from Battlefront II

4 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Oh great...... not only does the new walker look even more ridiculous, but it's huge! You know, because bigger always worked better!

That seems to be the running gag with these films... bigger, Bigger, BIGGER!!!

What is Disney compensating for?

This is getting really out of hand.

For a faction that was an outlier for the Empire, and lives in the outer rim with "limited" resources. How can they afford all of this stuff? And build it all in 30 years, with what magical shipyards? Give me a break, i understand its Star Wars and not supposed to follow realism at all.

But, man, come on.

I think the real question here is how many time are they gonna beat us over the head with the OT was WW1 and now THIS IS WW2. I get the opening crawl bit about time and space. But come on, large well established older power hamstrung via an arms treatry they made and imposed on there old enemy. That same old enemy building up newer and bigger arms in seceret, and annexing more stuff with impunity. Old power's *** is whooped in the opener of the conflict, leavin a "small" bastion of resitance to carry on the fight untill help arrives. I swear, if ep8 involves recruting russian accented allies to the resistances cause im gonna..... honestally i have no idea what ill do, but ill figure it out if it happens. Movie tickets are exspensive.

3 minutes ago, Forresto said:

The AT-M6 is meant to be sturdy and incapable of bring tripped or knocked over hence the gorilla arms.

Ya'll need to chill the heck out. The movie ain't even out yet. This could be awful or this could be great, we just don't know.

I know, but the PT have made some of us parinoid.

15 minutes ago, Forresto said:

The AT-M6 is meant to be sturdy and incapable of bring tripped or knocked over hence the gorilla arms.

Ya'll need to chill the heck out. The movie ain't even out yet. This could be awful or this could be great, we just don't know.

Right, the AT-AT has knees where the AT-M6 has elbows and raised shoulders, making it look more primate. So, yeah, gorilla walkers. I do think it makes them a bit more threatening, regardless of the size difference. So, I'm not going to be a hater.

10 minutes ago, Noosh said:

I know, but the PT have made some of us parinoid.

No question.

5 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Don't start hating on my PT. They may have issues, I know that, but I will defend them to the grave. They were my childhood.

This may just be a generational thing. I've overcome a lot of hatred for the PT. I think it's because while the PT were aimed at children (which the OT was too), those of us who grew up with the OT, and experienced the PT in adulthood felt talked down to, because we presumed that Star Wars was ours rather than yours.

Now that I'm older still, and in the position to be a parent (I'm not, but I'm more than old enough to be), I can see the value in appealing to a younger generation, the way that I couldn't when the PT was released.

Not sure why some of you are so worked up about this? So things are bigger in the Sequel trilogy. So what? Its not like that never happened in the old EU. Remember Dark Empire, New Jedi Order?

Some of you are acting like your live's will be ruined by this design decision that may not even effect the quality of the actual film. 

Anyway you'll always have Rogue One and the OT to rewatch over and over again. Let the rest of us enjoy and be excited for the Sequels.

Edited by Wraithdt

2 minutes ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

This may just be a generational thing. I've overcome a lot of hatred for the PT. I think it's because while the PT were aimed at children (which the OT was too), those of us who grew up with the OT, and experienced the PT in adulthood felt talked down to, because we presumed that Star Wars was ours rather than yours.

Now that I'm older still, and in the position to be a parent (I'm not, but I'm more than old enough to be), I can see the value in appealing to a younger generation, the way that I couldn't when the PT was released.

Thank you for saying that. It means a lot. George was trying to tell another story. 

A lot of crying going on over this. It is Star Wars after all.  They're following a tried and true formula.  Bigger is better.  The other Star Wars films followed this logic. Lots of movies do. Aliens had to have the queen,  Predators had even bigger predators.  The terminator series constantly introduced bigger or better versions.  Would you honestly prefer them to just use the exact units from the ot?  Do you want original designs that don't feel Star warsy?  These designs feel like my Star Wars.  Please Disney, keep doing what you're doing.  The majority of fans will continue to fill your pockets because you are doing Star Wars right.  End of rant.

3 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Thank you for saying that. It means a lot. George was trying to tell another story. 

For someone who endured the PT hate, shouldn't you be the one to give the sequels the benefit of the doubt and how they are meant to appeal to a new generation of fans?

Just now, Wraithdt said:

For someone who endured the PT hate, shouldn't you be the one to give the sequels the benefit of the doubt and how they are meant to appeal to a new generation of fans?

I did give it the benefit of the doubt for a long time. I came out of the theater hyped for Episode VIII. But I have re watched, compared and thought. As of right now, I am leaning away from liking it. For me, Episode VIII will be the deciding factor. If it is good, than it will sway me. 

I'm still very optimistic. Honestly, given two Death Stars in short times, most of the bigger stuff here is downright conservative in engineering and resource terms.

storywise, I am a parent, and frankly - the world is better with Star Wars... any Star Wars... prequel ot or sequel.... than it is without it.

19 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I'm still very optimistic. Honestly, given two Death Stars in short times, most of the bigger stuff here is downright conservative in engineering and resource terms.

storywise, I am a parent, and frankly - the world is better with Star Wars... any Star Wars... prequel ot or sequel.... than it is without it.

I don't know... is the world better for having Ewoks? Jar Jar? The Christmas Special?

There has been some pretty questionable content with the Name Star Wars attached to it. 

1 minute ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I don't know... is the world better for having Ewoks? Jar Jar? The Christmas Special?

There has been some pretty questionable content with the Name Star Wars attached to it. 

Yes.

Ewoks appeal to kids, as JarJar did. Kids grow into proper fans.

and the Christmas special, well:

"You cannot know what is Good without knowing what is truly Bad. To claim otherwise is to profess the greatest of Arrogance."