Boom Owl

U-Wing & Defender Screenshots Rebels

1 hour ago, drail14me said:

Just sucks it's the last season!! 

According to Dave Filoni, there's another animated series coming on the heels of this one.  Not sure what era it will explore, though.  He said every generation of kids should have their own Star Wars animated show to cherish, so I'm guessing there will always be one in production as long as Disney owns the IP and it continues to be profitable.

That said, Thrawn, Rukh, Tarkin, Saw Gerrera,, X-wings, Rogue One references...this season is going to be awesome.

5 minutes ago, weisguy119 said:

According to Dave Filoni, there's another animated series coming on the heels of this one.  Not sure what era it will explore, though.  He said every generation of kids should have their own Star Wars animated show to cherish, so I'm guessing there will always be one in production as long as Disney owns the IP and it continues to be profitable.

That said, Thrawn, Rukh, Tarkin, Saw Gerrera,, X-wings, Rogue One references...this season is going to be awesome.

I hope it is in the sequel era. 

37 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Or between the OT and the sequels. Either way, I'd be happy.

This has my vote.  We've seen the Republic, the fall of the Republic, the rise of the Empire, the Empire, the fall of the Empire, the New Republic and the First Order.

We haven't seen the rise of the New Republic or First Order.  This is what we need.

13 hours ago, Kehl_Aecea said:
14 hours ago, TrollCandy said:

Could someone please explain the partisan x-wing? Is it supposed to be like, the "common mans" x-wing or something?

The Partisan X-Wings were from Saw Gerera's group of rebels. He broke off from the Alliance proper and took some hardware with him, namely those X-Wings with the REALLY cool paint scheme :D

The Partisan X-wing was one of the big items used in promotional images and merchandise prior to the film coming out. probably because it actually played so little part in the story, and was visually distinct from the ANH X-wings that actually did show up as major story related stuff. they were trying to hide the plot so it couldn't be spoiled, so were using a fair number of the minor film elements like the Partisans and the Scarif garrison in the ads and early merchandising. not to mention the various 'leaks' of set photos and stuff. it did keep people from guessing what was going on, but it also left a fair bit of fandom for Saw Gerrera's Partisans in the process. (it helped that Saw's lines in the trailer were awesome, and became something of a meme. and his film appearance, while less awesome, presented a fairly interesting look at the scummier side of the rebellion.. something Saw's Rebel Appearances seem to be sticking with.)

for X-wing, the partisan's, combined with Blue Squadron from the film, promise the potential for an expansion that gives the T-65 X-wing a boost to make it more competitive.

Edited by mithril2098

11 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Because Imperial players really want to go back to flying Trip Defenders all day, erry day. :P

Oddly enough i find it to be the most boring and least interesting of all the Imperial Ships. I don't think iv ever enjoyed flying it. Feels like such a "simple" restrictive play style. 

5 hours ago, DarthEnderX said:

tumblr_inline_oj2kkn6GiF1sp8l8j_500.gif

Seriously.  That Defender looks like it has TWELVE guns.

8 Attack Dice confirmed FFG!

Counting the chin guns that's 14.  But some of those might be ions or missile tubes.  The Interceptor had the same 'hub guns' in ROTJ giving the model fielded at Endor 8 wing guns and two chin guns.  But that doesn't mean they all have the same firepower as the X-wing guns or the rapid fire of the ANH TIEs.

the myth of Ints with 4 guns and Trips with 6 still persists

4 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

According to Dave Filoni, there's another animated series coming on the heels of this one. 

That's what I'm afraid of. George and now Disney, keep taking things in a different direction than what I'd hoped. I'm one that would probably never get tired of stories from the OT era. 

14 minutes ago, drail14me said:

That's what I'm afraid of. George and now Disney, keep taking things in a different direction than what I'd hoped. I'm one that would probably never get tired of stories from the OT era. 

I don't mind that they go in different directions than the OT. I loved Episode 1. I for one would like a Pre-Episode 1 series featuring Kenobi and Qui-Gon. Though if they stuck with OT I would not be opposed to that either, however, (a big however) I would prefer it not to follow the Jedi or Rebel Alliance). Let's get a show from the Empire's perspective. Show us what it is like for the good and the bad among the Imperial ranks. Give us stories on the outer rim, in the core worlds but from a Imperial point of view. Honestly, I would love that. Expand on the direction that Battlefront 2's story decided to go. (different story though). 

4 minutes ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

I don't mind that they go in different directions than the OT. I loved Episode 1. I for one would like a Pre-Episode 1 series featuring Kenobi and Qui-Gon. Though if they stuck with OT I would not be opposed to that either, however, (a big however) I would prefer it not to follow the Jedi or Rebel Alliance). Let's get a show from the Empire's perspective. Show us what it is like for the good and the bad among the Imperial ranks. Give us stories on the outer rim, in the core worlds but from a Imperial point of view. Honestly, I would love that. Expand on the direction that Battlefront 2's story decided to go. (different story though). 

I'm excited about "From a Certain Point of View" next month. It's gonna be neat to read all the different points of view from A New Hope. 

And I agree, the think I'd like to see is a Band of Brothers style series about the Galatic Civil war with bits from both sides but WITHOUT and of the main OT characters, except maybe Vader in a small role like Rogue One. 

33 minutes ago, drail14me said:

I like Rogue One a lot.  It's become one of my favorite Star Wars films.  I like the idea of spinoffs in the OT era. We're getting the Han Solo film, an Obi Wan film, and there are rumors of a Boba Fett film as well as films for Yoda and even Jabba the Hutt.  So, I think we'll see plenty of OT era stuff.

I also like the sequel era, even if it borrows heavily from the OT.

I'd like to see more prequel era stuff on the big screen. Perhaps, the Obi Wan and Yoda films will touch on that era some more.

4 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

This has my vote.  We've seen the Republic, the fall of the Republic, the rise of the Empire, the Empire, the fall of the Empire, the New Republic and the First Order.

We haven't seen the rise of the New Republic or First Order.  This is what we need.

That would be great, I'd also love to see more intra-OT stuff, there are a small handful of books and comics in between ANH and ESB but nothing that actually deals with the fallout of the Deathstar and the Empire disbanding the Senate which would logistically be the period where the Rebellion really becomes a true power, and the only things I know if set between ESB and RotJ are one LEGO series and the Moving Target short story.

3 minutes ago, Princezilla said:

That would be great, I'd also love to see more intra-OT stuff, there are a small handful of books and comics in between ANH and ESB but nothing that actually deals with the fallout of the Deathstar and the Empire disbanding the Senate which would logistically be the period where the Rebellion really becomes a true power, and the only things I know if set between ESB and RotJ are one LEGO series and the Moving Target short story.

I miss the original SW marvel comics.  And Splinter of the Minds Eye.

11 minutes ago, Princezilla said:

The new Star Wars Battlefront 2 game's singleplayer campaign is going to tell a canon story from the viewpoint of a Imperial special forces officer who was on Endor at the destruction of the second Death Star leading through the years to the formation of the First Order.

Edited by kris40k

6 minutes ago, Princezilla said:

There's definitely something to mine there.

At this point, I'm 100% excited about anything involving Saw Guerrera.  I feel like we've been shorted on him so far.  He's one of the most fascinating character concepts Star Wars has produced, and actually getting seeing him in his prime would be great. 

Edited by Biophysical

10 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Or between the OT and the sequels. Either way, I'd be happy.

10 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I hope it is in the sequel era. 

My vote is also between OT and ST. The battlefront 2 campaign is going there. It makes sense from a business point of view as; one, it's a relatively unexplored time in the Skywalker saga at least, being an animation they could focus on Leia if they wanted, two; more realistically I think they will flesh out the First Order etc. as that's Disney's real IP and will have the most creative freedom without pissing off older fans.

I think the movies will touch on Luke's past and the advent of Kylo, but may not fully flesh out Luke's academy etc. That could be another cool option for an animated series.

I would like some post Clone Wars filler too, although I'm guessing Obi-Wan's movie will be filling that void.

Edited by BVRCH

32 minutes ago, DarthEnderX said:

*fingers crossed for Thrawn trilogy*

As much as I would LOVE to see the Thrawn trilogy on the big screen, that ship sailed when Disney went in a completely different post-RotJ direction with TFA.  I expect Thrawn to die by Rukh's blade in SW Rebels this season.  Why else would they re-introduce that particular character back into official canon?