RocketDarth

one question

3 minutes ago, porkins_dietician said:

No, unfortunately or fortunately however you look at it, they are unique only one copy of a unique. 

That's what I thought. I mean It only makes sense. Still, it would be cool to run vader vader. 

What's hilarious is that a character can have both Luke's Lightsaber and Rey's Lightsaber, even though they're the same thing...

and there's also now two versions of Kylo's Lightsaber, one non-unique, so Kylo can have Kylo's Lightsaber and two Crossguard Lightsabers!

2 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

What's hilarious is that a character can have both Luke's Lightsaber and Rey's Lightsaber, even though they're the same thing...

and there's also now two versions of Kylo's Lightsaber, one non-unique, so Kylo can have Kylo's Lightsaber and two Crossguard Lightsabers!

No, Luke's Lightsaber is the green bladed one from Return of the Jedi; Rey's Lightsaber is Anakin's Lightsaber.

10 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Lol!!! I didn't even think about that!!

44 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Haha...my son pointed this out when we opened our boxes and said 'thats kinda dumb'. I said try to look at it like he's taking three swings and not three sabers. :wacko:

UNIQUENESS (Page 3):

bullet.jpg Characters with the same title but a different subtitle are still considered to be the same character for determining uniqueness.
Example: A player cannot use Darth Vader, Sith Lord and Darth Vader, Dark Apprentice on the same team.

8 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Oh, that's right... oh well. The Kylo one is still funny.

to be fair if you really look at the artwork of the generic "lightsaber" it's anakin's lightsaber, **** Rey's Lightsaber doesnt even do anything to hide this fact, it has the same sides trading the special that deals 2 unblockable damage for a 2 melee damage side, they both still have redeploy all of their sides are basically the same just 1 is unique and gives shields and the other is not unique.

The lightsabers for the original movies were all really just the little handles that held flash bulbs for old cameras, with some electrical tape stuck on to add rubbery handles and black accents, so most lightsabers try to keep this same aesthetic - it's perfectly fine if you confuse 'em - there's only so many styles of flash bulb holder to go around! 

Also, I don't like that it's "Rey's Lightsaber". It was Luke's first we saw it, and it belonged to him for most of two of the best movies ever... that's my two cents! 

8 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

The lightsabers for the original movies were all really just the little handles that held flash bulbs for old cameras, with some electrical tape stuck on to add rubbery handles and black accents, so most lightsabers try to keep this same aesthetic - it's perfectly fine if you confuse 'em - there's only so many styles of flash bulb holder to go around! 

Also, I don't like that it's "Rey's Lightsaber". It was Luke's first we saw it, and it belonged to him for most of two of the best movies ever... that's my two cents! 

Even when given to Luke though Obi-wan says "this was your fathers lightsaber" honestly I think it should still be called anakin's if you called it Luke's it would get confused with the one that he built and had at the end because THAT one was definitively his but Anakin's well at this point I think if anything they should call it "the legacy Lightsaber" as it basically will let just about anyone that has hands use it. I mean even Han and Finn who arent force sensitives got to use it.

14 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Well, it was Luke's lightsaber when he had it and it was Anakin's Lightsaber when he had it... now that Rey has it... I think it's fair to say that it's her lightsaber.... unless Luke takes it back in Episode 8... but Luke will probably bestow it to Rey during the movie.

Yeah, good points, guys.

I think tunewalker is right - just keep the lightsabers named after who made them - avoids a lot of confusion. Should've been "Anakin's Lightsaber", but I think his acting was so poor in Episodes II and III that Disney just wants to forget he ever even existed on-screen. 

18 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Yeah, good points, guys.

I think tunewalker is right - just keep the lightsabers named after who made them - avoids a lot of confusion. Should've been "Anakin's Lightsaber", but I think his acting was so poor in Episodes II and III that Disney just wants to forget he ever even existed on-screen. 

Yup. That's why I called it that way in my first post in this thread regarding it. It will always be Anakin's Lightsaber first.