Sign in to follow this  
wkf04a

Boba Bomber

I've been looking to fit Cad Bane into a Nym list but have struggled to figure it out. I also like Boba Fett and want him to be useful in some way. What do you think of this-

Boba bomber (100)

Captain Nym (48) - Scurrg H-6 Bomber
Veteran Instincts (1), Twin Laser Turret (6), Extra Munitions (2), Cluster Mines (4), Cluster Mines (4), Havoc (0), Minefield Mapper (0), R4-E1 (1)

Boba Fett (52) - Firespray-31
Expertise (4), Bomblet Generator (3), Cad Bane (2), Engine Upgrade (4)

This was the starting block of my last developement.

Nym (98)

Captain Nym (46) - Scurrg H-6 Bomber
Veteran Instincts (1), Twin Laser Turret (6), Cruise Missiles (3), Bomblet Generator (3), Havoc (0), Guidance Chips (0), Advanced Sensors (3), "Genius" (0)

Boba Fett (52) - Firespray-31
Veteran Instincts (1), Proximity Mines (3), Cad Bane (2), Cruise Missiles (3), Glitterstim (2), Slave I (0), Guidance Chips (0), Extra Munitions (2)

it's hard to fly well. The games I've won with it have been won on the approach, especially if I've managed to get the cruise missiles off. I'm coming to the reluctant conclusion that a well flown Dengar/Nym beats it every time, but hey, you might do it better :) Expertise/HLC/Dengar crew Kath might be a better match for Nym if your heart is set in flying a Firespray as she likes to keep her distance and Nym likes to mix it up in close. Boba can get in the way of your bombing runs.

I've yet to try out Emon, but I'm hesitant to put Cad crew on him - Dengar gives him a lot more utility with his main armament and bombs won't do all your work for you. 

So. The only avenues I haven't yet explored (immediatly discounting the lancer as unsuitable) is the HWK, but it would instantly become Biggs with the amount of firepower coming its way, or the Quadjumper - maybe Zuvio could provide interesting shenanigans? 

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Nym without Genius is really missing one of his strengths

I know, I've flown him that way many times! The trouble is putting the action bombs on Boba doesn't work very well, I've tried it. I'm hoping they'll work better on Nym with Minefield Mapper. The idea is to use the two sets of mines to block a lane so Boba can utilize them as extra cover (via Nym's obstruction ability). Boba can move pretty well with the Engine Upgrade and Expertise plus his native rerolls should make him a dangerous offensive weapon. Nym still has the ability to drop bombs on people but turns into more of a TLT carrier which is being protected by the obstructions and Boba.