DiabloAzul

While you're waiting for Chimaera...

Can I say, thanks DiabloAzul!

That's a LOT of Triangle of DOOM awesomeness going on there!!!

The ISD is such an iconic and utilitarian ship!

...one thing that bugs me is, we always see instances where smaller ships crash into them to cause damage/harm but, what I'd LOVE to see is an ISD using it's hull as a weapon, to ram/sideswipe traitorous scum into oblivion - hey it happens in Armada often enough, doesn't it???

:D:D:D

12 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Haha...Drasnighta!

I KNEW someone was going to bring that up - but that's not the same!!!

I want to see something like this:

ISD and it's attendant Interdictor Cruiser with Raiders sitting somewhere near a space-lane conducting 'customs inspections'...

Along comes a Rebel threat - immediately turns and burns it's engines rolling over ANYTHING audacious enough to be in between it and it's quarry!

OR!

ISD fleet exits hyperspace a bit too close to an enemy held planet and ploughs through (deliberately) the local defence fleet with guns blazing!!

Ohh man!!! :D:D:D

7 hours ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Does Superiority Fleet not stack with QLT intentionally, or is that just phraseology?

It semi-stacks. With QLTs, exhausting your own title does nothing for you, but you still get +1 for every other exhausted title. So no counter 4 (!).

If the titles turn out to be too weak or unwieldy, letting it stack fully might be a simple fix. But to be honest, I fear the title may be undercosted as it is - it really depends on how much of a burden it is in practice to spend 1 attack on squadrons.

7 hours ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Also, Persecutor seems most abusable on a Motti ISD with RBDs, but that may not be an actual issue. 

Possibly, but it's a risky proposition. A faceup card is a steep price to pay for recovering three facedown cards: Structural Damage is always lurking, and other effects could be even more devastating...

I was thinking more along the lines of Boarding Troopers. Or, in mirror matches, recovering critical Vaderized upgrades. But yes, please dotry it with RBDs and report on the findings :D

56 minutes ago, slasher956 said:

Judicator with Tarkin.... just invalidated a number of 6 & 3 point officer cards.... it needs to be at least 3 points because of defence /weapons liaison officers.

Maybe... but it's not like Tarkin + liaisons (or Tarkin alone, for that matter) see a lot of play on ISDs, is it? I'd also argue a unique title can't really replace or invalidate a non-unique officer.

Having said that - I totally expect to have to adjust the cost of upgrades based on feedback from playtests.

The Pride of Tarlandia was a battlecruiser presentImage result for Anaxes war college system during the Battle of Endor. It was not a star destroyer, as they were 1600 meters long, and battlecruisers ranged from 2000 meters long to 5000 meters long, according to the Anaxes War College System. Also according to the Anaxes War College System, Star Destroyers were put into the classification of cruisers, while battlecruisers and dreadnoughts were classified as battleships.

Therefore, The Pride of Tarlandia cannot be an Imperial-class star destroyer.

Edited by anonymousguy

3 hours ago, anonymousguy said:

The Pride of Tarlandia was a battlecruiser presentImage result for Anaxes war college system during the Battle of Endor. It was not a star destroyer, as they were 1600 meters long, and battlecruisers ranged from 2000 meters long to 5000 meters long, according to the Anaxes War College System. Also according to the Anaxes War College System, Star Destroyers were put into the classification of cruisers, while battlecruisers and dreadnoughts were classified as battleships.

You are correct. However, given that the Pride has never been given a canon appearance, and that all images of the Battle of Endor only show Imperial class units, a single Tector class unit, and the Executor, I would score that a forgivable omission/"error". It fits with the Pride's role in the battle, and given that FFG has made no known motions towards an epic play where a battlecruiser like the Pride could be put on the table, I'm taking this title and running with it.

Edited by GiledPallaeon
Oxford comma is only comma

5 hours ago, anonymousguy said:

Thank you for your helpful and constructive feedback. 

EDIT: OK, maybe that came out snarkier than I thought. Sorry for that. But, really... I know. I've read the same stuff you have. There's only a single, vague reference to this ship. Star Wars 'logic' is all over the place, with ISDs being described interchangeably as destroyers, cruisers and battleships. Plus don't even get me started with Legends vs Canon.

Long story short, I've gone ahead and spent my time and energy to make some stuff for people to enjoy. If it doesn't fit your headcanon, well, what can I say? Just don't play them. Or maybe send me a PM and ask if there's a particular reason I've made this unorthodox choice. But the "schooling" is neither pleasant nor helpful.

Edited by DiabloAzul

On 8/31/2017 at 8:14 PM, DiabloAzul said:

...here are some ISD title upgrades for your casual games:

isd-title-bellicose1.png?w=194&h=300 isd-title-dauntless.png?w=194&h=300 isd-title-judicator.png?w=194&h=300 isd-title-nemesis.png?w=194&h=300 isd-title-persecutor.png?w=194&h=300 isd-title-pride-of-tarlandia.png?w=194&h isd-title-tyrant.png?w=194&h=300 isd-title-tf-death-squadron.png?w=194&h= isd-title-tf-scourge-squadron.png?w=194& isd-title-tf-qeimet-fleet.png?w=194&h=30 isd-title-tf-superiority-fleet.png?w=194

The point costs are very preliminary, so please bear with me until they've been adequately tested. The main goal of the cards is to add some variety to ISD play, and to make 2- and especially 3-ISD lists more exciting and viable.

surprised one of them does not give you say relay 4

I like some, and find others horribly undercosted. Still, cool project and fun for people.

For reference: Judicatory comes off as wildly undercosted to me. A functional command 1 (near commas net) ISD for 2 points more is hard to accept. Scourge squadron would need a cost increase as it is functionally engine techs without the need to use navigate commands. Tyrant bugs me as I feel it could be abused, but I’m not seeing anything obvious right away

4 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I like some, and find others horribly undercosted. Still, cool project and fun for people.

For reference: Judicatory comes off as wildly undercosted to me. A functional command 1 (near commas net) ISD for 2 points more is hard to accept. Scourge squadron would need a cost increase as it is functionally engine techs without the need to use navigate commands. Tyrant bugs me as I feel it could be abused, but I’m not seeing anything obvious right away

these cards are great for making a christmas tree isd. also someone was talking about a taskforce title that cost 0 points and cost 5 less for each other copy of it in your fleet.

6 minutes ago, Church14 said:

judicatory is amazing

I would like to remind the thread where I offered Sovereign title which gave fleet command slot to the ship.

With Chimaera we got the title and the slot, not together but both. @JJs Juggernaut only gave us 1 card. I gave you 2 and didn't receive any credit for that. **** you all!<_<

:P

1 hour ago, Church14 said:

For reference: Judicatory comes off as wildly undercosted to me. A functional command 1 (near commas net) ISD for 2 points more is hard to accept.

I don't know, I see it a little different: getting command 1 costs 2 + the cost of the flotilla w/ comms net + needing to activate the flotilla first, which is a severe tactical limitation. Compare to Relentless or officer Leia, both of which cost 3 points and are significantly easier to use. In any case, to be honest, the intent of the card was to make Tarkin a little less awful.

Scourge squadron would need a cost increase as it is functionally engine techs without the need to use navigate commands.

Possibly. I worry more about off-activation movement than about gaining access to ET. Either way it's 14 points right off the bat, which are wasted if one of the ISDs is destroyed or forced to stray beyond distance 3. And at least one of the ISDs needs to be navigating.

Tyrant bugs me as I feel it could be abused, but I’m not seeing anything obvious right away

There is definitely a risk that I've missed some game-breaking combo. But I didn't find it, and it looks like neither did you. As I said earlier in the thread, playtesting is needed. Feedback or comments based on actual experience would be most welcome!

I'm surprised you did not mention Persecutor, which is the iffiest for me. There is usually a good reason why some upgrade cards are a one-shot. While I don't immediately see a specific exploit, there could be room for abuse.

Anyway, I encourage you to try these out and let me know how they do!

16 minutes ago, DiabloAzul said:

I don't know, I see it a little different: getting command 1 costs 2 + the cost of the flotilla w/ comms net + needing to activate the flotilla first, which is a severe tactical limitation. Compare to Relentless or officer Leia, both of which cost 3 points and are significantly easier to use. In any case, to be honest, the intent of the card was to make Tarkin a little less awful.

Possibly. I worry more about off-activation movement than about gaining access to ET. Either way it's 14 points right off the bat, which are wasted if one of the ISDs is destroyed or forced to stray beyond distance 3. And at least one of the ISDs needs to be navigating.

There is definitely a risk that I've missed some game-breaking combo. But I didn't find it, and it looks like neither did you. As I said earlier in the thread, playtesting is needed. Feedback or comments based on actual experience would be most welcome!

I'm surprised you did not mention Persecutor, which is the iffiest for me. There is usually a good reason why some upgrade cards are a one-shot. While I don't immediately see a specific exploit, there could be room for abuse.

Anyway, I encourage you to try these out and let me know how they do!

i will definitely play these soon

8 hours ago, Church14 said:

That was the one that jumped out at me, too.  I mean, consider the cost of Commanders that do anything like that, as well as the ease of acquiring tokens.

That's easily a 10 point upgrade, at least.

The non-unique ones...I dunno, non-unique titles are still too new, can't really tell.

But some of these really are quite inspired.  Bellicose - heh.  Nice.  Probably overpriced (strategic is great, but only really powerful when you have a few ships using it and are able to chain it together to move an objective some significant distance.  For a Star Destroyer? Ehhhh...  Now if you made it a title for the Gladiator-class, which has engine techs...then sure, 10 pts makes sense.)