Jump to content
demon3o5z

Lady Rebels

Recommended Posts

Hera, Sabine, Leia, that chick on Hoth. It wouldn't be too tough to add some red shirts, some bullet bags, some bumpy Rebels. More than that I hope we have a good mix of aliens. Hey! How about alien girls! That would be the ultimate and would really shut the SJWs up. Heck, I'd buy extra if they do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lord Tareq said:

Okey, now we have confirmation about female troopers. But why stop there? How about gay and transgender minorities, why are they not properly represented in Legion? I ask, nay I demand, that at least 5% of any legion army consists of models representing those groups in a clearly visible manner! There also needs to be at least 1 moslim, 1 christian, 1 hindu and 1 of every other contemporary religious group represented in Legion!  And every political party needs representation as well!!

Really?  This is the hill you want to die on in TYOOL 2017? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2017 at 3:43 PM, VAYASAN said:

Star wars is for all, it really no big issue either way.  If they release females fine, if they dont, big deal.

 

Only sexist people imo harp on about 'oh there isnt enough females/males in this or that'

 

I heard they are remaking lord of the flies with an all female cast....just why.  Absolute nonsense.  Are the going to remake Charlies angels with an all male cast?  

 

No offense to you intended btw.

well that was textbook "doesnt affect me so it isnt an issue" bull.  unless you believe women cant fight, which is sexist and false, then a large number of the soldiers should be female

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vontoothskie said:

well that was textbook "doesnt affect me so it isnt an issue" bull.  unless you believe women cant fight, which is sexist and false, then a large number of the soldiers should be female

Im not saying it dosnt effect me so its not a problem at all, im saying nothing is barring anyone from the game, no matter if its more men, more women or more aliens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one feeling on this subject, apathy. I don't care. Star Wars Legion is a game. The only issue I have is whether the game will be fun or not. Aside from any other glaring prejudice in the game, like nazi symbols on the storm troopers, these issues to me are unnecessary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, boogle22 said:

I have one feeling on this subject, apathy. I don't care. Star Wars Legion is a game. The only issue I have is whether the game will be fun or not. Aside from any other glaring prejudice in the game, like nazi symbols on the storm troopers, these issues to me are unnecessary. 

Holy **** man.  This topic has been dead and gone forever.  If you are truly apathetic about it why did you search this out for your second ever post on the community forum?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28.09.2017 at 11:14 PM, Vontoothskie said:

well that was textbook "doesnt affect me so it isnt an issue" bull.  unless you believe women cant fight, which is sexist and false, then a large number of the soldiers should be female

Ofcourse women can fight!

But men are phisically and mentally more adapted.

Also in most cases men are more willingly to use violence, or join the army and go to war. ;)

So to keep this game "real", women should not be over-represented. That mean not a LARGE number. 

Anyway im going to play imperial so dont care if rebel models are women or not. My stoormies going to be "dudes only" ;P

PS. I would love to have special forces dr Aphra :)

Edited by Grabaarz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

The last post before you was from 6 months ago...  You made an account and went straight to go reviving idiotic arguments from half a year ago? Not making a great intro. 

I also did not looked at it...

I feel silly now. :)

Edited by Grabaarz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

The last post before you was from 6 months ago...  You made an account and went straight to go reviving idiotic arguments from half a year ago? Not making a great intro. 

It's going to get worse after the game drops. The Legion facebook page has 4.2k members. I expect the Legion population to be well over 10k within a few months. 

Dark times are coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an abominable thread. :P

In any event... it's always good for a lark to see people whine about "SJWs" and their influence on Star Wars. Hey bro, you're into a franchise predicated on a diverse group of oppressed, downtrodden Rebels who are resisting an overtly white, male, military regime that drew its inspiration from the Nazis. The Jedi are literally social justice warriors... what on earth do you imagine you've been watching for 40 years???

Good grief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KalEl814 said:

What an abominable thread. :P

In any event... it's always good for a lark to see people whine about "SJWs" and their influence on Star Wars. Hey bro, you're into a franchise predicated on a diverse group of oppressed, downtrodden Rebels who are resisting an overtly white, male, military regime that drew its inspiration from the Nazis. The Jedi are literally social justice warriors... what on earth do you imagine you've been watching for 40 years???

Good grief.

Each of us lives in our own reality.  Feeling that the Jedi religion is full of SJWs is a hypothesis I have not heard of, but that is groovy fine.  Best of luck on your journey.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grabaarz said:

Ofcourse women can fight!

But men are phisically and mentally more adapted.

Also in most cases men are more willingly to use violence, or join the army and go to war. ;)

So to keep this game "real", women should not be over-represented. That mean not a LARGE number. 

Anyway im going to play imperial so dont care if rebel models are women or not. My stoormies going to be "dudes only" ;P

PS. I would love to have special forces dr Aphra :)

um, men are more adapted to shooting lasers? get real.

in an alien Galaxy with thousands of races, assuming only white human men can be infantry is problematic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

um, men are more adapted to shooting lasers? get real.

in an alien Galaxy with thousands of races, assuming only white human men can be infantry is problematic

Human males, “men”, ARE more adapted for warfare than human females.  Study history and take several science courses.  There is a lot more to combat than making laser cat sounds.  Why are u pretending someone said only white human men can be infantry?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rebel trooper squad contains 4 figures with 1 extra and a heavy weapons trooper.

Of the 7 sculpts for the rebels 2 are female and 1 is a duros.

This leaves 4 sculpts that are male, one of which being the minigun trooper.

No matter how you construct your unit, you will always get at least 1 non "white male" figure.

If you decide to never use either of the female sculpts, then your unit can never contain the Ion trooper as they're the second female sculpt.

It, therefore, is impossible to have a unit completely made of "White Human Males."

FFG designed the models to show that the alliance has a large pool of diversity, and they did it well.

(also, there are both female stormtroopers and non-white stormtroopers in cannon. There have also been non-human stormtroopers as well. Basically anyone can be a stormtrooper if they're loyal enough.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...