Force Majeure

It's inevitable: Star Wars Legion Podcasts

Just listened to the Jodocast's Legion podcast. It doesn't sound like they're going to join the Legion, but will keep a loose eye on it.

I keep hearing people saying the game is 6 months away, but really isn't it more like 4 months? With an alleged Q1 release (January) wouldn't it be likely we're going to see it in the wild possibly as early as mid/late December?
I know, I know: I'm being too hopeful. The official announcement said early 2018. I just swear I remember Alex Davy saying January in the demo he did for Team Covenant. I'll have to re-watch it for like the 4th time.

Edited by Force Majeure

54 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Just listened to the Jodocast's Legion podcast. It doesn't sound like they're going to join the Legion, but will keep a loose eye on it.

I keep hearing people saying the game is 6 months away, but really isn't it more like 4 months? With an alleged Q1 release (January) wouldn't it be likely we're going to see it in the wild possibly as early as mid/late December?
I know, I know: I'm being too hopeful. The official announcement said early 2018. I just swear I remember Alex Davey saying January in the demo he did for Team Covenant. I'll have to re-watch it for like the 4th time.

Q1 doesn't mean January.  It means January, February or March. 

7 minutes ago, KrisWall said:

Q1 doesn't mean January.  It means January, February or March. 

And "early 2018" could mean May. I hope not, but I've seen it happen to companies and products before. If they run into any issues, they could easily decide that it's better to slow down the release than to go to market with something obviously defective.

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

I know, I know: I'm being too hopeful. The official announcement said early 2018. I just swear I remember Alex Davey saying January in the demo he did for Team Covenant. I'll have to re-watch it for like the 4th time.

2 out of the 3 of us at The Jodo Cast plan on buying into Legion. How hard and deep we dive into the game remains to be seen, but we'll for sure be playing in some capacity so expect us to be talking about Legion more in the future. 

Though as with most games, don't expect us to be a competetive strategy resource or super hardcore things like that. That's what the more dedicated podcasts are for. ;)

Thanks for listening! :D 

1 hour ago, Basylle said:

And "early 2018" could mean May. I hope not, but I've seen it happen to companies and products before. If they run into any issues, they could easily decide that it's better to slow down the release than to go to market with something obviously defective.

Honestly knowing FFG, and having done this for Armada, X-Wing and IA....I'd expect closer to May than January if I were forced to lean one way or the other. My guess is March-ish though.

Edited by Extropia

Well whatever happens, by this time next year we'll have had two new theatrical Star Wars releases!

If Legion comes out closer to December, they can ride on the wave of fandom from The Last Jedi.
If it comes out later Q1, then they'll have the Han Solo story to help.

I have discussed Legion (briefly) on my podcast (Blah Wars), but a regular weekly podcast on the game, especially an audio one, would be hard listening. A video blog with scenery tutorials, rules help and even video'd games would be cool though.

Well, now that the launch date has been announced, can we expect  any podcasters updating their sites with fresh episodes?

There have been several articles out since September 2017 and so far not many podcasts have made more than the initial "This game looks pretty good." episode.

------------------------------------------

By the way, here is another Legion podcast I've come across.

On 9/6/2017 at 12:53 PM, Extropia said:

Honestly knowing FFG, and having done this for Armada, X-Wing and IA....I'd expect closer to May than January if I were forced to lean one way or the other. My guess is March-ish though.

Good guess!