Jump to content
Contrapulator

Dial Reference Sheet (Complete)

Recommended Posts

nice work!!

I was thinking about an runewars inventory spreadsheet.

pick which expansions and it gives you total cards, dials...But without an army builder to match, don't know how much value that has.

 

Edited by Adun42
Added thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adun42 said:

nice work!!

I was thinking about an runewars inventory spreadsheet.

pick which expansions and it gives you total cards, dials...But without an army builder to match, don't know how much value that has.

 

The value is having a reference of all of your opponents dials.  Very good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darthain said:

The value is having a reference of all of your opponents dials.  Very good stuff.

Ohh, I wasn't clear. Contrapulator's work is cool and having all the dials is valuable, not sure of the value of my idea of an inventory spreadsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hijodecain said:

The work is really good, thanks for sharing.

But if you are able to make it into separate game size cards one for each army this could be amazing! (We can print and sleeve).

You're welcome. I will look into fitting them on cards. I'm already planning to make a new version anyway, with the white stances in the top row which is currently left blank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Uthoroc, I'll add it the the top post.

I noticed some interesting trends while working on this project. For example, Aliana is the only elf who can wheel (hard turn). None of the elves have a rally modifier but they all have a reform modifier. Crossbowmen will be the only Daqan without a defense modifier. Leonx Riders are the only unit without a green stance. What else can you notice by comparing/contrasting the dials?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hijodecain said:

The work is really good, thanks for sharing.

But if you are able to make it into separate game size cards one for each army this could be amazing! (We can print and sleeve).

I was able to squeeze the currently released units onto cards: 

ossHF52.jpg

Edited by Contrapulator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

Small update: I moved things around a little bit. I was copying FFG's layout before but it just makes more sense to me this way. German version is updated too: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8BA4fq7Zu-pdDBNVjRad3hiWGc

To be honest, I prefer the original layout. The top row is for the initiative numbers on the action reference, and somehow my eyes don't look for symbols in that place on the modifier side. Also, having them in one grey column on the right indicates nicely that they work with all the colors on the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love these! Unfortunately, a strict reading of the tournament rules forbids them at tournaments:

Quote

Players cannot take notes or reference outside material or information during a tournament round. However, players may reference official rule documents or game components that do not contain hidden information at any time or ask a judge for clarification from official rule documents. Official rule documents include all rules documents and inserts available on the Runewars Miniatures Game page of our website, those found in a Runewars Miniatures Game product, or any portion thereof.

You could argue (and most TOs will hopefully accept) that this simply takes information from official rule documents and presents it in a more convenient way, but I've seen people unhappy about stuff like this at Netrunner tournaments.

I think having this information is crucial to a fair battle, and would love to see it become the norm for people to have something for their army to hand their opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Taking Notes and Outside Materials section is a copy and paste from the X-wing tournament rules, replacing "X-Wing" with "Runewars Miniatures Game"

Maneuver Dial references sheets have been tournament legal, including at worlds, since that wording was added to the X-wing doc.  

I do not think that these Command Dial References will be a problem.  If they contained some other information, like dice probabilities for the units, I think it might fall into the "outside information" prohibition.  Containing only the dial options, they are fine.

 

Edited by Govrek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tvayumat said:

Or you could just cut the charts out of your "official rule documents" and put them together like I was doing anyway before this handy sheet came about.

Presto. 100% legal for even the most pedantic of rule lawyers.

I had considered this too, but it really only helps for my own faction.

 

1 hour ago, Govrek said:

The Taking Notes and Outside Materials section is a copy and paste from the X-wing tournament rules, replacing "X-Wing" with "Runewars Miniatures Game"

Maneuver Dial references sheets have been tournament legal, including at worlds, since that wording was added to the X-wing doc.  

I do not think that these Command Dial References will be a problem.  If they contained some other information, like dice probabilities for the units, I think it might fall into the "outside information" prohibition.  Containing only the dial options, they are fine.

 

Great to hear! Like I said, I come from a Netrunner background, where I heard someone calling a card-size version of the timing structure illegal. Granted, I don't know whether a TO would've actually called it that at worlds, but it clearly stuck with me. Glad to hear there's precedent for allowing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2017 at 3:44 AM, Uthoroc said:

To be honest, I prefer the original layout. The top row is for the initiative numbers on the action reference, and somehow my eyes don't look for symbols in that place on the modifier side. Also, having them in one grey column on the right indicates nicely that they work with all the colors on the left.

Agreed, I find the white modifiers to the right much clearer than where the initiative numbers are.  Either way it is all very useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...