Sign in to follow this  
Contrapulator

Runewars 2017 World Championship

Runewars Miniatures Game 2017 World Championship

• Day 1, November 1st - Check-In: 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM (Located at Radisson Hotel Ballroom)
  • Top 4, November 2nd - Check-In: 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM

Side Events

• Team Game, November 2nd - Check-In: 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM
  • Painting Competition, November 2nd - Check-In: 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM

More information and how to apply at https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/30/your-chance-to-compete/

I don't plan to attend, but I sure hope it will be streamed.

I signed up. Wish it was Friday/Saturday instead of Wednesday/Thursday though. 

It's interesting how they have the events spread out, there's going to room for a ton of Netrunner and L5R players.

On 8/30/2017 at 3:43 PM, Click5 said:

Looks like it might be taking place in the Radisson Hotel next door?  Haha that's kind crazy.  

Actually, I went to the last two Worlds events and the banquet room at the Radisson is the perfect spot for a lot of their competitions. It's where they hold the Armada and Imperial Assault events, and Armada is literally the same table space as Rune Wars is. 

True story: last year I was playing in the Conquest world championship and I set up for my first round match.... and noticed I forgot my deck and tokens. My deckbox was empty. Fortunately I had time to jog down the hall to my room and get my deck. 

Looking forward to my third Worlds in 12 months and best of luck to you all in the drawing!!!

5 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

It looks like just day 1 is at the Radisson? Probably because Netrunner is on the same day.

I think day one of AGoT is the same day, but it also likes like some kind of L5R ceremony/side event, which will probably have a ton of people.  

They had some side events and smaller tournaments (Armada, Imperial Assault, Conquest) in the Radisson the last couple of years.  It's not ideal, but still a decent venue, and pretty close to the games center.  Most people attending Worlds actually stay at the Radisson.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:06 AM, JDWoody said:

Actually, I went to the last two Worlds events and the banquet room at the Radisson is the perfect spot for a lot of their competitions. It's where they hold the Armada and Imperial Assault events, and Armada is literally the same table space as Rune Wars is. 

True story: last year I was playing in the Conquest world championship and I set up for my first round match.... and noticed I forgot my deck and tokens. My deckbox was empty. Fortunately I had time to jog down the hall to my room and get my deck. 

Looking forward to my third Worlds in 12 months and best of luck to you all in the drawing!!!

Same to you!

Glad to hear everything runs smooth in the Radisson.  I guess I shouldn't have been surprised though, two years ago at worlds I played in the AGoT tournament inside of their shipping warehouse.  

What do you think the capacity for Runewars will be in the banquet room?