Noosh

What role will the MC-75 fill?

This is all speculation, not about good nor bad. Just what do you think it will do for the rebs (with what we know about it now)? C&C, close fire support, dirty tricks? You get the idea!

My vote is on close support, more with fighters than guns. Not to say it bad at shooting, from what i can see it has some decent all round firepower. High surviveability, powerfull close range front arc, long side arcs. Looks to me like a ship thats meant to get stuck in for a good fight! Enough on board fire to dissuade flankers. Looks like fun to me!

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

It looks like a brawler to me. I have some speculations on it and such. Ackbar will love it for sure.

Why do you think Ackbar will love it?

swm30_render_left.png

Biggs raised a good point in my opinion. Its going to love to double arc. An MC30Torp equivalent front arc and a slightly better than assault frigate side arc. Its going to want to cleave through the middle of the enemy clearing them into two groups.

I kind of think it will be speed 2, and so will be the rebel VSD. But what a VSD.

4,3,3,3 shield, 9 hull, red blue out the sides, blue black out the front... Looks like you want to skirt the sides at long range and then get in close with the front.  It will really depend on the upgrade slots.  Ackbar should like this guy.  I have a couple ideas on how to use it. I am excited to try it out taking the place of the death pickle in a objective oriented list, IE pickle, 4 flotillas and vcx with fire lanes,  sensor net, advanced gunnery. 

Just now, Ginkapo said:

swm30_render_left.png

Biggs raised a good point in my opinion. Its going to love to double arc. An MC30Torp equivalent front arc and a slightly better than assault frigate side arc. Its going to want to cleave through the middle of the enemy clearing them into two groups.

I kind of think it will be speed 2, and so will be the rebel VSD. But what a VSD.

Yea that is if your in close range sure. But until then, long range batteries are great on it. And if it has a weapons team, even better.

31 minutes ago, themightyhedgehog said:

4,3,3,3 shield, 9 hull, red blue out the sides, blue black out the front... Looks like you want to skirt the sides at long range and then get in close with the front.  

This is exactly how it should be used. It's more dynamic than the MC80H, which just wants to stay at distance. The MC75 is more multi-range and is the best ship yet for the Ackbar Slash. Even if you fail to get both side arcs, that double arc is tasty.

Edited by Truthiness

32 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

swm30_render_left.png

For one thing, depending on how fast it can go it could be an excellent lead ship for the line. Assuming it has Gunnery Teams, thats a big tasty side arc. And finally, just because you can ackbar, doesnt mean you can't take the double arc. Ackbar just makes it more of a Sophie's Choice. If you hide at long in front, you are risking him coming up double arcing you. If you try to skirt, you are still taking a very real ackbar side.

I can't wait to see more of this ship. What I have seen so far has been very exciting.

Just now, Madaghmire said:

And finally, just because you can ackbar, doesnt mean you can't take the double arc. Ackbar just makes it more of a Sophie's Choice. If you hide at long in front, you are risking him coming up double arcing you. If you try to skirt, you are still taking a very real ackbar side.

While true, Ackbar is a pricey commander just to give a presumably pricey ship a plan C.

My initial thought is "Why would I use Ackbar?" but after looking at it, it does seem like a good idea. At least this version. It's a pretty large side arc, so you can angle it like an AF and move towards your opponent taking heft long range shots. Then at close, you unload 10 dice. 

Ackbar is great for TRC90s as well, which support the MC80, so it can translate well into supporting the MC75.

My intended use for it is with Raddus. Much like HSA, deploy it to double arc 2 targets, and then kill one. 

8 minutes ago, svelok said:

While true, Ackbar is a pricey commander just to give a presumably pricey ship a plan C.

People are putting him in fleets with a single combat ship right now.

But beyond that, presumably you have brought more ships. I'm saying the ship looks like it will work well in an ackbar fleet.

45 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

People are putting him in fleets with a single combat ship right now.

But beyond that, presumably you have brought more ships. I'm saying the ship looks like it will work well in an ackbar fleet.

Agreed.  I'm gonna love adding them to my 900-point battle-fleet :evil grin: :)

My use for it depends wildly on its upgrades. 

-If it has Weapons ,defensive, and Ion, I'm looking at serious new Ackbar boat. 

-If it has Weapons, defensive, and Ordinance, I can see it being a point blank monster. Preferably doing a gravity assist past its target to use those sides arcs on the in and out runs. 

-if it doesn't have a weapon team slot, It gets awkward. Then maybe a Rebel style assault carrier like an ISD1.

of course, the lack of info makes me think something new and distinct comes with this ship. Something I can't calculate for yet

14 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Buford said:

I am considering an mc-75 followed by an mc-80h or a pair of mc-30's in a conga line with ackbar driving the train. Kinda depends on max speed and point cost.

Even at speed two, it has some advantages in a conga line. It is the only Rebel side arc ship that can punch up front. Having it in front makes Demo/Admo/Raider/Garel jams less of a threat 

Until I see it's cost and upgrades (titles) I can't say what game role it will  play. But I do know, with it's tall model, it will "fill" a LOT of area in my foam, unlike all but the Assault Frigrate for the other Rebel ships, which are slim-jims!

BIGG-E-TALLZ!

Seriously?

• Rieekan blocker
  • Low-bid first player double-arc (ala super MC30)

14 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Even at speed two, it has some advantages in a conga line. It is the only Rebel side arc ship that can punch up front. Having it in front makes Demo/Admo/Raider/Garel jams less of a threat 

Your word inspired me. . . Ackbar on this baby, with GT (assuming the slot exists) and APT (we can only hope. . .) maybe even leading shots (Please, FFG?). Normally, to take out an HMC80, you hide in it's front. Now? Either you're stuck in the sides, in which case you get 5 red dice and 2 blue with rerolls (almost as good as an HMC80, hopefully for less), against two ships, or you 'hide' in it's front, and get a dolphin's side arc, with rerolls. It's a thing of beauty.

25 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

(almost as good as an HMC80, hopefully for less)

It's going to have to have a heck of an Achilles' heel to be less by any substantial amount, I think.  That ravaging double arc on a survivable platform is awfully strong, and will need to balanced by a meaningful weakness.

I don't know what it could be though.  I think it will likely at least have no support slot and speed 2, giving it a hard cap at speed 2.

It may also have low squadron and/or engineering values, no defensive retrofit, or a weak defense token suite (Brace/Redir/Contain?).

It could also be dialed down by denying it seemingly-crucial upgrades.  I could see leaving off the turbolaser slot to deny it H9s, XI7s, or long range rerolls.  It may have Ion + (Ord | Turbo), by variant.  I suspect this one will be the less expensive variant, and the other will be either flat blues or red/black out the front.

I dunno, but I'm very excited to see how they distinguish this from all the other large ships, with such awesome-looking base stats, while also keeping the point cost in an attainable range.

5 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

I guess it's still less than an ISD double arc though, isn't it?  And only one die more than a Home One double arc.

Does certainly look easier to get it than an ISD.

Hmm.

The mix of dice is certainly more favourable than a Home One's double arc, though, at least in comparison...   Upgrade allowance aside, that's already a positive.

It will really come down to the upgrade suites.  And we may see some variation in colors of dice between the variants.  The version in the picture looks awesome, but what colors might we get on the other variant?

I'm expecting something very odd about the upgrade suites, simply because part of the strategy of the game is to force hard choices upon the players.  You don't get Gunnery Team on the MC80H, and that is a big thing that defines how you build and define that unit.  You don't get a Defensive Retrofit with the MC80L, and that also is a big thing that defines the rest of the load-out and then how you fly the ship.   So far, we only get to see what is on the card.  But its got to have some drawbacks to make the other versions really stand-out.  I'm expecting something unusual with the upgrade suites that we really haven't seen before.  This will both limit it and give it opportunities to fit in without replacing the other MC80s.