Sign in to follow this  
Sciencius

Indifferent over the future of this game.

I am neither concerned or excited about the future of this game. I like the game-art, the game concept, gameplay (I have played some demo games), and it looks nice there are many new expansions comming. But it is not prepainted(!) so I have not bought it (yet), and there are noone who plays it anymore locally, so I guess at the moment I am just... indifferent. 

Hoping for a premium prepainted line, then I will get all excited!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Polda said:

Oh for Waiqar's sake.

LOL, sorry...after seeing the posts"concerned over future of this game" and the "excitment over the future of this game" back-to-back, I could not help myself* :D

*my post does however honestly reflect my position on this game, and does not fall into either formentioned posts.

I think a game like this does not need to be a blockbuster to continue for a very long time. It just needs to sell enough to cover the costs...

FFG-Asmodee needs to develop their own IP as a safety net and keep earning loads of money with the Nth iteration of the Star Wars universe and pump a bit of effort into the Runebound universe in the meantime, so my feeling is that this game will be a success

2 hours ago, Sciencius said:

Hoping for a premium prepainted line, then I will get all excited!!!!! 

Google a painting service and get a quote for a basic army with basic quality level. You'll be surprised to see it's a very nice way to get a premium army with more quality and better price than what FFG would be able to offer.

(added later) Most of them can even buy the minis directly for you and apply a discount for the bought minis, so that the final minis will be even cheaper.

Edited by cogollo

39 minutes ago, cogollo said:

Google a painting service and get a quote for a basic army with basic quality level. You'll be surprised to see it's a very nice way to get a premium army with more quality and better price than what FFG would be able to offer.

(added later) Most of them can even buy the minis directly for you and apply a discount for the bought minis, so that the final minis will be even cheaper.

Got any links?

20 minutes ago, RedHotDice said:

Got any links?

Just google "miniature painting service", but just from the top results I see one in Sri Lanka www.paintedfigs.com

And this one in Polland www.denofimagination.com

But there are a lot. My advice is to try one that suits you and start with something small (1~2 figures), then if you like their work you can order more.

1 hour ago, Curlycross said:

Muz, helps when your wife only asks if it's more than $50... lol

I think she's caught on when she seen the amount of boxes that got delivered today. Now she's nagging about all the space it'll take up at a time when I'm supposed to be putting my boardgame collection into storage for the impending baby! ?

Edited by Muz333

13 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I think she's caught on when she seen the amount of boxes that got delivered today. Now she's nagging about all the space it'll take up at a time when I'm supposed to be putting my boardgame collection into storage for the impending baby! ?

Meh babies are over rated. They don't even look that great when you paint them.

15 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I love the priorities!

18 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

Let us mourn the loss of another potential brother to the horrors of parenthood.

2 minutes ago, Darthain said:

Let us mourn the loss of another potential brother to the horrors of parenthood.

We haven't lost him, he just spent $400 (I don't know how to do pounds symbol) on this game. His wife would be silly to have him waste that money.

55 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

We haven't lost him, he just spent $400 (I don't know how to do pounds symbol) on this game. His wife would be silly to have him waste that money.

Equivalent of $492 I spent. That said I made more than that on my weekend shift so I think I deserve a big treat before I have to start paying for all the baby stuff!

4 hours ago, Muz333 said:

.. Now she's nagging about all the space it'll take up ...

That's what my wife is saying, too! Makes me wish I had succeeded in persuading her we need the 4-bedroom house instead of the 3-bedroom house. Now my only hope is to get the cars kicked out of the garrage snd onto the driveway so I can set up a gaming table in the garrage.