Wraithist

New Unit Predictions

Yeah i saw that too, it does look like a female but its hard to tell.

The only legit reason to give them the boobwindow or show off skin is its without a doubt a female. Armor tends to hide such features, so unless their face/hair is clearly feminine you cant tell. Heck even irl at some SCA events ive come across people in armor ready to spar and completely missed that it was a girl (hot one at that lol) because of the armor and her helmet was on.
But, ultimately its just fanservice crap. And i hope FFG doesnt go down that route (so far they havnt)

6 minutes ago, Wraithist said:

Any ideas on what could be next for the Elves???

It's quite likely to be something completely out of left field.  The only elven unit from other games not to make it into Runewars yet is the Pegasus/Yeron Rider.  If that's a cavalry-sized unit, then I could see it coming soon.  If it's significantly larger (like a Daqan Roc Warrior) then I would expect it to be a while.  I think that when Pegasus does come it's entirely likely that they'll do a set of flyers for each faction.  It's also possible they don't do them for each faction around the same time, but who knows?  My brother and I kind of think that there will be a bunch of multi-tray sized units at some point for the larger things that are yet to come to the game.  Things like, Chaos Lords, Roc Warrios, maybe Yeron, Barrow Wyrms and then each faction would get their own after some time.

But yeah, the only other unit we know of is the Pegasus/Yeron.  Anything else will be a complete surprise like Outland Scouts were for me.

After seeing the Wraiths and the Scouts, I kind of feel like the "wave" theme is maneuverability.  Maybe FFG has been fully aware of the turtling meta this entire time?

I could picture Elves with some kind of flying unit, something that is hard to shoot, quick on the charge, but sucks once engaged.  

Flying units i imagine will be introduced as their own unit type. Technically they could be considered cavalry but i'd see them more of a large single-tray model not a 2slot long cavalry model. Yaknow, wings and such.

I dont THINK theres anything right now that would break the game if they introduced a new unit type. All i can think of that calls out a unit type is doing it for a specific purpose (maro only affecting infantry for instance0

38 minutes ago, Willange said:

It's quite likely to be something completely out of left field.  The only elven unit from other games not to make it into Runewars yet is the Pegasus/Yeron Rider.  If that's a cavalry-sized unit, then I could see it coming soon.  If it's significantly larger (like a Daqan Roc Warrior) then I would expect it to be a while.  I think that when Pegasus does come it's entirely likely that they'll do a set of flyers for each faction.  It's also possible they don't do them for each faction around the same time, but who knows?  My brother and I kind of think that there will be a bunch of multi-tray sized units at some point for the larger things that are yet to come to the game.  Things like, Chaos Lords, Roc Warrios, maybe Yeron, Barrow Wyrms and then each faction would get their own after some time.

But yeah, the only other unit we know of is the Pegasus/Yeron.  Anything else will be a complete surprise like Outland Scouts were for me.

The only other thing mentioned in the Lore Guide is the Forest Guardian, which is like a beefed up Aymhelin Scion. But I agree that the next Latari unit will be a surprise to most of us. I can't think of what it could be. Forest Guardian will probably be on par with the Chaos Lord, so that's for later on down the line.

34 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Flying units i imagine will be introduced as their own unit type. Technically they could be considered cavalry but i'd see them more of a large single-tray model not a 2slot long cavalry model. Yaknow, wings and such.

I dont THINK theres anything right now that would break the game if they introduced a new unit type. All i can think of that calls out a unit type is doing it for a specific purpose (maro only affecting infantry for instance0

So, a siege unit then.

I don't think we will see another Latari unit announced until they finish the current cycle.  We still don't know the second Uthuk hero.  Just my own hypothesis...

Daqan/Waiqar Group: core set units, infantry command, second hero.

Latari Group: Latari core, infantry command, second hero.  New Waiqar (Death Knights) and Daqan (Heavy Crossbowmen) unit.

Uthuk Group: Uthuk core, infantry command, second hero (?).  New Latari (Dantari Warriors), Waiqar (Wraiths), and Daqan (Outland Scouts) unit.

After that: ??????

Edited by rowdyoctopus

I dont see them being Siege either.

Reason i say they'd be introduced as a new unit type entirely is to impose rules on them other units dont have w/o wasting text space on the card. Such flight rules would/could be 1) Ranged attacks are a minus 1 threat to a minimum of 1 2) Flying units that are engaged by nonflying units may move as though they are not engaged without suffering any disengaging penalties 3) Flying units have a chance to crash to the ground when they suffer a wound. Roll 1 red die, on a doublehit result the model immediately is slain (per model basis) or 4) flying units may deploy up to Range2 further than your normal deployment
To name a few that is.

I dont really know much about the lore of this game so im kinda blowing out my *** over here with possible ideas lol. I'm sure FFG already has flying creatures in mind, whether they have flying rules or not is another question (the Wraith ability might be as much of a flying rule we get for all i know)

10 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

Reason i say they'd be introduced as a new unit type entirely is to impose rules on them other units dont have w/o wasting text space on the card. Such flight rules would/could be 1) Ranged attacks are a minus 1 threat to a minimum of 1 2) Flying units that are engaged by nonflying units may move as though they are not engaged without suffering any disengaging penalties 3) Flying units have a chance to crash to the ground when they suffer a wound. Roll 1 red die, on a doublehit result the model immediately is slain (per model basis) or 4) flying units may deploy up to Range2 further than your normal deployment
To name a few that is.

I dont really know much about the lore of this game so im kinda blowing out my *** over here with possible ideas lol. I'm sure FFG already has flying creatures in mind, whether they have flying rules or not is another question (the Wraith ability might be as much of a flying rule we get for all i know)

I think they would function somewhat similarly to the wraiths. I would really like to see the Yeron riders as a siege size unit. Having a couple of lone wolf Yeron Elf Riders would make my day. The scout rule would be a cool one for this unit too as that was kind of what they were doing in the lore piece on them.

Maybe it can have a simple fly rule, like: (ignore terrain and other units for movement until you are engaged, enemies may ignore terrain and other units for line of sight on this unit until it is engaged) that sounds pretty shifty elfy to me... and also fairly balanced I think.

I'd also like to see the Banshee as a siege style unit, placing that baby in a unit of Skeletons, with some Skeleton handlers would be so sick!

4 hours ago, Parakitor said:

The only other thing mentioned in the Lore Guide is the Forest Guardian, which is like a beefed up Aymhelin Scion. But I agree that the next Latari unit will be a surprise to most of us. I can't think of what it could be. Forest Guardian will probably be on par with the Chaos Lord, so that's for later on down the line.

I agree that Forest Guardia  will be large like a Chaos Lord or Barrow Wyrm.

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

To name a few that is.

You could do that with keywords without a new unit type.