Wraithist

New Unit Predictions

11 minutes ago, Wraithist said:

Dis how I sure :) 

KyndrithulKyndrithul_zpsxz55qx7g.png?t=1503953842

Fair. Fair point. Someone on one of these forums joked about an Intern being asked to put a picture of the hero and he picked one that hadn't been released. lol That is a fair reasoning...

The Ironbounds 100%?

7 hours ago, Xargonaut said:

It would be great if we get more female soldiers in the future (not just female characters and heroes).

• Why not having the next Waiqar infantry unit as female vampires, or succubus

Please no. Im so very tired of **** and boob windows. Please give me female sculpts in actual clothes.

2 minutes ago, oda204 said:

Please no. Im so very tired of **** and boob windows. Please give me female sculpts in actual clothes.

100% agree. I've got nothing against female soldiers, but they'd better be as covered up as Kari or Aliana. Maegan isn't too bad, but even she is pushing it. Malaana will push the clothing limit a lot, but that's kind of par the course for the Uthuk as barbarians. There's just no reason for female elves or humans to show a lot of skin when they're headed to war and all the males are fully-armored.

3 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

100% agree. I've got nothing against female soldiers, but they'd better be as covered up as Kari or Aliana. Maegan isn't too bad, but even she is pushing it. Malaana will push the clothing limit a lot, but that's kind of par the course for the Uthuk as barbarians. There's just no reason for female elves or humans to show a lot of skin when they're headed to war and all the males are fully-armored.

I agree. My claim was for more diversity, not boobs.

Edited by Xargonaut

On 8/29/2017 at 0:18 PM, Wraithist said:

And when the Yeron riders come out we'll have mobile assassin hard chargers. I'd say comparing the two the Yeron are more "heavy cav" than the battlecats.

Really? I expect the opposite. Flying cavalry is going to be the faster, more maneuverable cavalry. In fact, I'd be kind of surprised if they don't get to ignore obstacles and units in much the same way Wraiths do.

On the flip side, Leonx are pretty killy (especially against hard targets with their mortal wound unique surge), they just don't want to get stuck in. They compare pretty favorably with Oathsworn, considering they're cheaper and elvishly focused on maneuverability.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:51 PM, Xargonaut said:

It would be great if we get more female soldiers in the future (not just female characters and heroes).

• Why not having the next Waiqar infantry unit as female vampires, or succubus.
  • I don't remember where it was in the world, but in ancient times existed a group of screaming female soldiers; could be appropriate for Uthuk (but I think they already got some kind of screamer character?).
  • For Daqan, why not having the Riverwatch Riders be female?
  • @Contrapulator idea of dryads for the elves is interesting, and they are female.

Honestly, I'd rather not have "femme fatale units!!!" but instead see future units mix male and female sculpts. We're already getting a good number of sculpts; just model a few soldiers as women and it would actually present a diverse army, instead of making awfully sexist (and often male-gazey, to borrow the term) stereotypes and modelling choices by characterizing entire units based on their gender.

13 minutes ago, kaffis said:

Honestly, I'd rather not have "femme fatale units!!!" but instead see future units mix male and female sculpts. We're already getting a good number of sculpts; just model a few soldiers as women and it would actually present a diverse army, instead of making awfully sexist (and often male-gazey, to borrow the term) stereotypes and modelling choices by characterizing entire units based on their gender.

Absolutely.

20 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I hope not. I want each faction to remain distinct. Neutrals were one of the worst products for BattleLore. Just my opinion.

Agreed, I feel like it would water down the factions too much. What if the neutrals are really good? Then literally everyone would be using them and that's no fun. At most, I could maybe see a neutral figure upgrade pack or possibly a double-faction pack.

Very possible to have an all-female unit be total badasses and not be skimpy-looking or have boobwindows

Case in point...

pQwoGaG.jpg?3

Mourning Wolves from a game called Warzone Resurrection. I dont play the game anymore because the PowerShot rule (natural roll of 1 on a D20 always does damage, regardless of any defenses or strength of the attack) pissing me off too much but i still love the models.
They are literally women who lost someone important to the war (husband, brother, son, etc) and have nothing else to live for. So they dedicated themselves to murdering whoever it was that wronged them and dont care if they die in the process lol

edit: also i think my monitor at work is darker than usual because i dont remember this image being so dark....its about 2 years old now lol

Edited by Vineheart01