Sign in to follow this  
Hepitude

Excitement over the future of this game!

A little late, but I just got my elves.

I was kinda whatever about them, but then I noticed, they sculpted them to actually be in a proper archery stance!

The one mid release even has the hand positioned correctly! And no stupid back quivers!

Haven't played them yet, but danged if that didn't make me super excited for elves specifically and the game generally. 

Also the wraiths are really cool and I'm pumped for a some wraiths and death knights blasting across the battlefield forming terrifying pincer attacks. 

3 hours ago, Muz333 said:

I just made a £340 purchase of Runewars miniatures. The Mrs was asking if it came to over £50. What she doesn't know doesn't hurt her! ?

Muz after you mentioned you were on the fence last week about holding out for legion this post has made my **** day thank you! 

1 hour ago, Bhelliom said:

Visored Helms isn't bad. Expensive and a little boring, but quite effective against big units that hit hard (and better on Spearmen for sure). Other than that, what do you mean by 'uninspired'?

Never said it was bad, just said it was boring.

29 minutes ago, jek said:

Muz after you mentioned you were on the fence last week about holding out for legion this post has made my **** day thank you! 

It would have been more too but the infantry command packs were out of stock. Might just have to pay full RRP from them elsewhere!

No idea how I'm going to paint this all as I've only ever painted a handful of Imperial Assault miniatures following Sorastro's guides. I'm hoping I can somehow find a way to paint the undead in a similar colour scheme to GoT Lannister's with the black, silver and burgundy. Then a brass colour instead of silver on the champions. I can foresee painting black being just as annoying as those white storm troopers!

Several people have mentioned Viper Legion, which I agree is practically a given, but now that we're starting to see more units for each faction, I'm excited to see what else comes out for the Uthuk! My guess is that after the Viper Legion, we will see a new siege unit, either Doombringers or Obscenes. I'd be excited about both! The Obscenes would be cool to have with Ravos embedded in the unit as an upgrade. The Doombringers would be cool because you see their picture in the definition when you look up "cool." :P I can't wait to actually start playing with the Uthuk!!!

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

Several people have mentioned Viper Legion, which I agree is practically a given, but now that we're starting to see more units for each faction, I'm excited to see what else comes out for the Uthuk! My guess is that after the Viper Legion, we will see a new siege unit, either Doombringers or Obscenes. I'd be excited about both! The Obscenes would be cool to have with Ravos embedded in the unit as an upgrade. The Doombringers would be cool because you see their picture in the definition when you look up "cool." :P I can't wait to actually start playing with the Uthuk!!!

Since when are giant cockroaches cool :P

Oh gawd.... I'm so stoked they broke from their release model. But **** my wallet wasn't expecting more unit types to be out this year lmao.

Stoked about the Ironbound tho!! I'm thinking infantry with armor 2? That's 8 hits per tray which would be insane. Or do you think they'd be on cavalry bases with armor 3? With infantry like movement?

I bet Uthuk will get a siege, like the obscenes. Would be cool if Ravos could be added as an upgrade card.

Any clue what the Elves will get? I can't even guess.

1 hour ago, Wraithist said:

Any clue what the Elves will get? I can't even guess.

The pattern right now looks like light and heavy cavalry. Light: Leonx Riders, Fleshrippers, and Wights. Heavy: Oathsworn, Death Knights. So we are missing a few...

Elf Heavy Cav: I've heard people mentioning Yeron (read: pegasus) Riders.

Uthuk Heavy Cav: Maybe the big Doombringer beetle guy? Seems too round for a cavalry base.

Daqan Light Cav: I haven't the slightest idea.

Edit: Actually, looking at Fleshrippers again, they cost more than Oathsworn and have 3 wounds, which seems not so light. Maybe the Uthuk have a sneakier, lighter cavalry option up their demonic sleeves?

Edited by Contrapulator

I hope that they keep up support.  Its a pretty new game and doesn't have enough stuff yet to get real traction but I think it has potential.  I finally caved in and cracked a box and while I havn't played a game yet I was impressed with the figs.  They seem a little better quality than Descent and IA to some degree although still a little bendy and the rules are pretty familiar given that I have played Trek.Xwing.Armada, D&D Wing and so forth.  And its fairly affordable.  I am not a big fan of the Runebound setting but I have been in the mood for vanilla fantasy lately, probably still sentimental over the loss of The Old World and never getting enthusiastic for Age of Sigmar. 

13 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

The pattern right now looks like light and heavy cavalry. Light: Leonx Riders, Fleshrippers, and Wights. Heavy: Oathsworn, Death Knights. So we are missing a few...

Uthuk Heavy Cav: Maybe the big Doombringer beetle guy? Seems too round for a cavalry base.

Daqan Light Cav: I haven't the slightest idea.

Mounted Crossbowmen???

Just now, Wraithist said:

I know the Yeron are coming out. I had thought they would be among the first multi-tray units, but now that you mentioned the light/heavy cav aspect, I'm thinking they'll be the elf heavy cav. The movement abilities would be insane! 

Think they'll be able to do something similar to wights where they ignore terrain and other models due to FLIGHT??

So then following that logic, I've been thinking heavy infantry will be another aspect of the model.

• Ironbound obviously for Daqan heavy infantry.
  • Swordmasters for Elf heavy infantry? I've seen them mentioned but it seems too similar to the Darnati warriors.
  • Oh man.... Vampires for Waiqar heavy infantry?? Yep, that's what I want.
  • And who knows for the Uthuk, some Bloodletteresque Demon?
Edited by Wraithist

Well, I've just bought the Infantry command packs as well now. Better not tell the Mrs that! So I expect to have this week:

2x Cores
2x Cavalry
2x Archers
1x Siege Golems
1x Carrion Lancers
1x Spearmen
1x Reanimates
1x Hawthorn
1x Maro
1x Waiqar Infantry Command
1x Daqan Infantry Command

It might be the case I need more of the command packs but other than that I'm just waiting to buy four or so packs of the Deathknights, Crossbowmen, Wraiths and whatever else is to come out for these two factions.

Yes, also excited here and it has beem a good surprise... now I'll finish a couple IA models that I have half finished and will start painting my Skellies... it's going to be the first mass army I paint, so this time I'll concentrate on quick painting, specially for the Reanimates and the Archers...

Anybody has a good advice, video tutorial or blog for painting big armie quickly (i've painted already many miniatures but mostly individuals or 6~8 figures platoons 

7 minutes ago, maxam said:

I ended up getting a second Waiqar command pack... it was like the reverse of X-Wing - I was effectively buying cards to get the figures :P

That's the way to do it :) What did you want a second of? I've only ever used one at a time so far.

Edited by Hepitude

1 hour ago, Hepitude said:

That's the way to do it :) What did you want a second of? I've only ever used one at a time so far.

banners and drummers would be what I would use two of