Sign in to follow this  
Hepitude

Excitement over the future of this game!

9 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I would have put money on only getting an article for the second self hero today. A new unit is great and I'd have put money on any new unit being announced would be for the Uthuk faction. I'd make a terrible gambler!

I bet you we get viper legion archers. 

12 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I would have put money on only getting an article for the second self hero today. A new unit is great and I'd have put money on any new unit being announced would be for the Uthuk faction. I'd make a terrible gambler!

Maybe that considering the recent Star Wars Legion announcement, they wanted to make sure to please their current base of Runewars players (Daqan and Waiqar) and boost their morale up (whether they needed it or not, I don't want to start that debate again). This would suggest a Daqan announcement next week.

Edited by Xargonaut

6 minutes ago, Xargonaut said:

Maybe that considering the recent Star Wars Legion announcement, they wanted to make sure to please their current base of Runewars players (Daqan and Waiqar) and boost their morale up (whether they needed it or not, I don't want to start that debate again). This would suggest a Daqan announcement next week.

Next Monday is a holiday though...

Might have overcalculated my ability to get both waiqar and elves lol. Wraiths mean we'll be seeing a Daqan unit announcement soon, and another elf unit eventually, as well as two more uthok units! Looks like for at least the first year we get a new unit for each faction every quarter.

Just now, Jukey said:

Might have overcalculated my ability to get both waiqar and elves lol. Wraiths mean we'll be seeing a Daqan unit announcement soon, and another elf unit eventually, as well as two more uthok units! Looks like for at least the first year we get a new unit for each faction every quarter.

I just made a £340 purchase of Runewars miniatures. The Mrs was asking if it came to over £50. What she doesn't know doesn't hurt her! ?

i was fully expecting them to fill out the races before giving anything "new" to anyone

Give all 4 factions 2 heroes, 2 infantry (archer/footman), 1 calvary, 1 siege, and 1 command then start introducing things like the Wraiths.

Did not expect Wraiths. We got the elven footmen guys already but we have no Uthuk archers or second hero (or did i miss one?)
It also kinda solidifies that they arent doing standard "wave" releases with this game. Had they waited till all the factions had equal introduction stuff they could have started doing waves of 1 unit per faction. But Wraiths throw a shoehorn into that idea

Edited by Vineheart01

59 minutes ago, Hepitude said:

The more stuff that gets released and announced for Runewars the more excited I get about Runewars! It feels like there's been a ton of work put into the balance and mechanics of this game and the design space is wide open! I can't wait to see what's coming next. :) 

HOW DARE YOU!!!

There will be no optimism on this internet!  Please limit your comments to the fact that the latest article is only more proof that game designers are out of ideas and the game is dying!

/s

Next Monday I'm sure we'll get another lackluster uninspired Daqan unit to balance out, good thing I've also taken up elves.

I bet we get daqan only upgrade comfy boots to go with spiffy helmets from crossbows.

Edited by Darthain

1 hour ago, Jukey said:

We're actually waiting on two Uthuk units AND a hero...

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

i was fully expecting them to fill out the races before giving anything "new" to anyone

Give all 4 factions 2 heroes, 2 infantry (archer/footman), 1 calvary, 1 siege, and 1 command then start introducing things like the Wraiths.

Did not expect Wraiths. We got the elven footmen guys already but we have no Uthuk archers or second hero (or did i miss one?)
It also kinda solidifies that they arent doing standard "wave" releases with this game. Had they waited till all the factions had equal introduction stuff they could have started doing waves of 1 unit per faction. But Wraiths throw a shoehorn into that idea

I really hope they eventually get into a "wave" release format, otherwise having the later released Latari and Uthuk will be a disadvantage, just simply because they won't have the options available. Kind of how Daqan are missing archers, Waiqar a Cavalry. Makes me feel Daqan are a bit overpowered now, just simply because of available units. Latari even more so since they are missing so much more. Waves will make it even no matter who you decide.

10 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

It does seem strange we haven't heard about a second Uthuk hero yet.  If I was a betting man, if bet we see the second Uthuk hero and a new Daqan unit in the next 2 weeks.

still missing Uthuk ranged as well. Which let's be honest, we all know will be Viper Legion. I'm intrigued to see how poison will work.

1 hour ago, Xargonaut said:

I have to say that this announcement definitely gave me a morale boost!

Daqan Ironbound in Q4, Elves and Uthuk should get their 5.Unit in Q1 2018. Maybe we'll also see a third Hero for each faction that time!

4 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

still missing Uthuk ranged as well. Which let's be honest, we all know will be Viper Legion. I'm intrigued to see how poison will work.

Probably a surge to "melt" armor.
Which if that happens would mean they would suck w/o some high threat since that means they'd have low damage lol.

Given that the Daqan Crossbowmen already have the mortal strike thing id' be surprised if they get it.

Edited by Vineheart01

1 minute ago, Curlycross said:

Yeah, but if the pattern so far has been:

-Daqan and Waiqar core set and corresponding expansions, plus another hero for each.

-Latari core and corresponding expansions, plus another hero.  Waiqar and Daqan get another unit.

-Uthuk core and corresponding expansions.  Latari and Waiqar get another unit.  So far.  We are missing another hero and a Daqan unit.

Uthuk won't get another unit until whatever comes after them, based on this pattern.

51 minutes ago, Darthain said:

Next Monday I'm sure we'll get another lackluster uninspired Daqan unit to balance out, good thing I've also taken up elves.

I bet we get daqan only upgrade comfy boots to go with spiffy helmets from crossbows.

Visored Helms isn't bad. Expensive and a little boring, but quite effective against big units that hit hard (and better on Spearmen for sure). Other than that, what do you mean by 'uninspired'?

11 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

Visored Helms isn't bad. Expensive and a little boring, but quite effective against big units that hit hard (and better on Spearmen for sure). Other than that, what do you mean by 'uninspired'?

Daqan are pretty vanilla overall without anything very unique.  They are defensive spearmen!  Cavalry run fast and hit hard!  Crossbowmen shoot harder up close!  The Rune Golem is basically the only interesting unit from an aesthetic and even gameplay perspective, and it has a notoriously lackluster dial when all is said and done.

Just now, rowdyoctopus said:

Daqan are pretty vanilla overall without anything very unique.  They are defensive spearmen!  Cavalry run fast and hit hard!  Crossbowmen shoot harder up close!  The Rune Golem is basically the only interesting unit from an aesthetic and even gameplay perspective, and it has a notoriously lackluster dial when all is said and done.

Daqan are meant to be the faction that inspire and buff each other in battle. I can't really argue with you on aesthetics.