werdnaegni

Nightmares Made Real (Wraiths announced)

1 hour ago, flightmaster101 said:

red blue.  meh

These guys will be incredible flankers. They can move through you and turn around, then charge your flank next turn.

Edit to add: with their Undying Hate, they get RW against a target! I love it, it's like calling your shot.

Edited by Contrapulator

2 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

red blue.  meh

Undying Hate isn't unique though... so potentially a bunch of small cavalry equivalents with red, white, and they seem like excellent flankers so... two attacks per turn at red, red, white? I say that's at least a meh plus :)

5 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

These guys will be incredible flankers. They can move through you and turn around, then charge your flank next turn.

Edit to add: with their Undying Hate, they get RBW against a target! I love it, it's like calling your shot.

I hope its enough to kill the flanked unit, cause these guys are going to go down fast.  Waiquar players are about to learn how frustrating it can be to watch your cavalry get killed by archers before their flanking charge.

Edited by flightmaster101

2 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

I hope its enough to kill the flanked unit, cause these guys are going to go down fast.

16 damage to wipe out the unit, but you are typically going to be able to cancel out double hit dice at least.  I imagine they'll last until the second swing in melee.  Not sturdy by any means, but it seems balanced

Just now, Click5 said:

16 damage to wipe out the unit, but you are typically going to be able to cancel out double hit dice at least.  I imagine they'll last until the second swing in melee.  Not sturdy by any means, but it seems balanced

Why would you ever bring a 4 tray unit?  The more 2 tray units you bring the more undying hate you bring, also the better they punch above their weight.  Also the less likely you will pass through units.

On 2nd thought, please bring 4 trays to my table.  :D

7 minutes ago, flightmaster101 said:

Why would you ever bring a 4 tray unit?  The more 2 tray units you bring the more undying hate you bring, also the better they punch above their weight.  Also the less likely you will pass through units.

On 2nd thought, please bring 4 trays to my table.  :D

A reroll (which you can't get otherwise) with RB or RW is adding almost an entire extra hit.  Plus 8 more wounds.  Additional wounds will allow you to withstand the swing back, and hopefully get your red melee modifier in the next round.

Moving through other units is the least interesting part of their card.  Moving through terrain is pretty great, but always getting a free reform is amazing.  

Edited by Click5

2 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

As a future elf player, I hate this unit :)

Love the design on this, even rerolling your opponent's attack dice.

As a Runewars player, my hype level is through the roof right now. FFG said they have a ton in store for this game, but I never expected we would get more than 1 new unit for Daqan or Waiqar this year along with all the Elf and Uthuk stuff. Coming from Armada, this release schedule is amazing.

Just now, Contrapulator said:

As a Runewars player, my hype level is through the roof right now. FFG said they have a ton in store for this game, but I never expected we would get more than 1 new unit for Daqan or Waiqar this year along with all the Elf and Uthuk stuff. Coming from Armada, this release schedule is amazing.

I'm ecstatic sir.

5 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

Congratulations on the announcement of your namesake unit! 

Hahaha, thank you!! Unfortunately my wife is the one who plays the Wifeqar and she doesn't need to know about these guys.

I play the wraithists (Elfs and Daqan Mans) who plan on undead genocide.

I like the design gonna hate playing against it.

i want the pass thru stuff for elves too :)

free reform after movement and ignoring obstacles make them great at flanking and going after their chosen unit.  Great for objectives.  2 attacks!  

While a little squishy, a real solid unit.