Sign in to follow this  
SkyCake

reusing the same ISD model

Yes, the ISD is possibly *the* most iconic Star Wars model - absolutely. And the fact that Imperial Star Destroyers were in ANH (2nd, and most impressive, ship to appear in Star Wars at all!) and Rogue One (in some of the most gloriously detailed starship destruction around!) is sure a draw. I just...I don't think going from there to "oh but did you know there are these tiny differences between the ones in ANH/R1 and ESB/ROTJ and look if you squint and lean in real close here you can see that this model is ESB style, and this one ANH style!" is really so important. I mean honestly...even in terms of SW fandom, saying "look, this ship here is painted like Thrawn's personal ship!" I'd think would be of much more interest - because of the popularity of Zahn's Heir to the Empire Trilogy for the older, EU fans, and because of his recent appearance in Rebels for the younger crowd... but partly I guess it's just a matter of "what are the untapped demographics," and maybe I'm just unfairly projecting my own level of interest/disinterest onto a far broader spectrum of potential players. :)

Fleet Veterans?

They do-repaints in X-Wing, but they tent to add something to the existing ship.  I bought the Defender re-paint because the cards made my old Defender is silly-amazing beast; perhaps Thrawn is something like that? :D

I hope FFG has something up their sleeves for imperial players because who is going to buy more than one "Chimaera expansion"? Rebels will soon be two ships up on imperials. REALLY looking forward to using the refits though. ⚡

4 hours ago, axe238 said:

I hope FFG has something up their sleeves for imperial players because who is going to buy more than one "Chimaera expansion"? Rebels will soon be two ships up on imperials. REALLY looking forward to using the refits though. ⚡

Erm. So long as Imps buy 1 Chimera, they'll still only be 1 ship behind. Duplicates of each copy is irrelevant.  

. . . you could argue that because they're refits, they don't count, and I can see your point if this is your argument, but I think given the uniqueness of the ships, i.e. that they are clearly different from the other ISDs (dual turbo, ordnance, fleet command), they can be counted as different ships.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

22 hours ago, slasher956 said:

if you buy one of every release they are 3 ships behind!

(neb b & CR90 V a VSD in the starter, Neb b + cr90 blisters v VSD box & then the 2 hammerheads in a box)

:P

Models sure. But the ships cards from the Neb-B and CR90 and VSD in the Core Set are exactly the same as those in Wave I. So you can field more of the same model, but you still have only 1 more set of cards.

Rebs:

1. Neb-B - 2 cards
  2. CR90 - 2 cards
  3. AFMII - 2 cards
  4. MC30 - 2 cards
  5. HMC80 - 2 cards
  6. LMC80 - 2 cards
  7. GR75 - 2 cards
  8. Pelta - 2 cards
  9. HH - 2 cards
  10. MC75 - 2 cards?

Imps:

1. VSD - 2 cards
  2. ISD - 4 cards
  3. Raider - 2 cards
  4. GSD - 2 cards
  5. Goz - 2 cards
  6. Int - 2 cards
  7. Arq - 2 cards
  8. Q - 2 cards

Total # of Reb ship models: 10
Total # of Reb ships types: 20

Total # of Imp ship models: 8
Total # of Imp ship types: 18

So the Imps are 2 models behind*, sure (and that may be what you are talking about), but only 2 cards, or the equivalent of 1 ship expansion, behind in options.

*not counting the alternate paint job Chimera, 'cause that's the same model