blackholexan

Excited by the new article!

I really like Han's new "Return Fire" ability, and I think it could lead to some fun head games.  You opponent attacks you with a weak figure, or maybe one that has one health left.  Do you return fire and take it out (even though it probably won't survive to its next activation anyway) or do you save your free shot with the assumption that you'll be attacked by a better target later on?

4 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

I really like Han's new "Return Fire" ability, and I think it could lead to some fun head games.  You opponent attacks you with a weak figure, or maybe one that has one health left.  Do you return fire and take it out (even though it probably won't survive to its next activation anyway) or do you save your free shot with the assumption that you'll be attacked by a better target later on?

I wish they would have removed the restriction to target the attacking figure. It should be fairly easy to play around 

21 minutes ago, Folkenhellfang said:

Also, is it racist to hate those knobby cone-head aliens on sight?

That's a natural prejudice towards anything from the prequels.  It's been drilled into most of us since 1999.

Just learn to hate her because she's good... or possibly awful.  I'm predicting she'll be good, but I've been wrong before (lousy Dengar...).

They just adjusted the article so that 'Han's blaster uses BGG' :)

Interestingly, You might want to put Han further in front than Chewie:
- Han needs LOS to return fire and EOT fire.
- Chewie needs to survive until a friendly guy dies to get use out of Debts Repaid.
Hopefully this is enough to balance the 3 sides enough to see some diversity...

The elite shapeshifter probably will just have a HP boost, maybe an extra yellow on the attack? (although that would be the first time an elite had a printed extra die compared to non-elite)
Would be kinda odd if they also had 3 forms for the elite version imo, but it might happen..

Wish there was a way to get all the skirmish cards without buying the entire box. This campaign's setting/ characters isn't really piquing my interest. Id rather spend the money to finally pick up Hoth. I want those skirmish cards though! 

8 minutes ago, Soulflame said:

The elite shapeshifter probably will just have a HP boost, maybe an extra yellow on the attack? (although that would be the first time an elite had a printed extra die compared to non-elite)

The Senator card does oddly specify "roll your attack pool plus one yellow dice." Since the attack pool is on the deployment card, it seems odd to have the Form card not just say "add a yellow dice." It suggests that there would be more than one attack pool possible.

Another interesting note about the shapeshifters is that their forms are Uniques, so you can't have more than one of each form in your army at one time, I'd assume? So hopefully there are enough different forms for you to field the full compliment of disguised shapeshifters.

19 minutes ago, Stompburger said:

Another interesting note about the shapeshifters is that their forms are Uniques, so you can't have more than one of each form in your army at one time, I'd assume? So hopefully there are enough different forms for you to field the full compliment of disguised shapeshifters.

Wow, good catch!  In the article they mention that there are three forms (two are shown), so if that's the case then I guess we've got a practical limit of three clawdites at a time. (Edit: although I guess you could still use the other three, they just wouldn't have any surge abilities)

That's kind of a weird design choice, though, and it makes you wonder whether that little dot actually means "unique" in this context.  Even if you brought three of them, it kind of hurts the fun of being able to change forms if you're locked in to choosing one of each.

On the other hand, they probably only wanted to include one copy of each form card in the box.  If they didn't make these forms unique then they would probably have received a lot of hate about "making" people buy six copies of the expansion just to field the full compliment.

Edited by ManateeX

20 minutes ago, Stompburger said:

There's nothing preventing you from deploying clawdites as is... So four clawdites with up to three disguised with forms.

2 hours ago, Fightwookies said:

Is this an error?

"Yes, altogether, Han Solo can now make three attacks per round, and he makes all of them with the blue, green, and YELLOW dice from his trusty heavy blaster pistol."

His attack is blue, green, green, and I don't see anything in Rogue Smuggler that changes it it. Am I missing something?

And they fixed it.

47 minutes ago, tomkat364 said:

The Senator card does oddly specify "roll your attack pool plus one yellow dice." Since the attack pool is on the deployment card, it seems odd to have the Form card not just say "add a yellow dice." It suggests that there would be more than one attack pool possible.

I read that as a way basically to include a focus into that special action. if it gave a set dice pool, the focus wouldn't be used for the Conspire action

45 minutes ago, Stompburger said:

28 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

Wow, good catch!  In the article they mention that there are three forms (two are shown), so if that's the case then I guess we've got a practical limit of three clawdites at a time. (Edit: although I guess you could still use the other three, they just wouldn't have any surge abilities)

Well, only two are shown.  We don't know that the third is unique.  Although the names of the forms we've seen are pretty generic, so I have no idea what a non-Unique form could possibly be.

13 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

Anyone mentioned, that the original photos showed 4 Shapeshifters and 4 Riot Troopers, and the new photo shows 2 Shapeshifters and 6 Riot Troopers?

You're right!  They originally did show 4 clawdites...

I'm assuming it's 2 regular groups and 1 elite group of riot troopers, with 1 of each of clawdites.

55 minutes ago, Fightwookies said:

I read that as a way basically to include a focus into that special action. if it gave a set dice pool, the focus wouldn't be used for the Conspire action

Actually, I thought more about this and I think I missed the utterly obvious. It's not an attack, it's a special action. So the only way to specify the dice is "roll your attack pool." It's not "add a yellow dice to your attack,' because it is not an attack.

2 hours ago, tomkat364 said:

Conspire is not an attack, so it needs to specify which dice you roll. There is nothing default to roll for an ability that is not an attack.

(Edit: ah, didn't read far enough.)

Edited by a1bert

1 hour ago, Fightwookies said:

The focus die isn't part of your attack pool. Focused adds the green die when you declare an attack (or attribute test). (And Conspire isn't an attack or attribute test, so it doesn't trigger or discard focused.)

Edited by a1bert

I didnt see campaign riot trooper.  The article links skrimish riot trooper.  Perhaps they fixed it after.

FYI, its the same stats but skirmish riot control doesn't cost 1 damage.

Edited by patrickmahan

4 hours ago, ImperialOfficer said:

So Han's card says to Exhaust the upgrade at the end of the round.  anyone know the significance of this? 

Vader's doesn't say to exhaust the card.  Any ideas on why Han's would? 

I can tell you one use of this:

End round. Vader go to use his driven by hatred to kill han (vader himself has low health left) so Han can interrupt and shot first. If he kills vader and prevent to die this would be so wonderful to han player.

Exhaust yo interrupt means there is no order so han can attach just when you wish.

The attack abilities in Driven by Hatred and Rogue Smuggler are both End of Round effects. (The word interrupt is mostly superfluous.)

If Han's player has initiative, Rogue Smuggler can be used before Driven by Hatred.

If Vader's player has initiative, Driven by Hatred can be used before Rogue Smuggler.

I think having exhaust as a cost makes viable future abilities which exhaust skirmish upgrades...

Edited by a1bert

1 hour ago, a1bert said:

The attack abilities in Driven by Hatred and Rogue Smuggler are both End of Round effects. (The word interrupt is mostly superfluous.)

If Han's player has initiative, Rogue Smuggler can be used before Driven by Hatred.

If Vader's player has initiative, Driven by Hatred can be used before Rogue Smuggler.

Having exhaust as a cost makes viable future abilities which exhaust skirmish upgrades...

I think the designers don't put keywords like "exhaust" and "interrupt" by free.

Han can interrupt driven by hatred vader in my opinion.

6 hours ago, naitsirk said:

I think the designers don't put keywords like "exhaust" and "interrupt" by free.

Han can interrupt driven by hatred vader in my opinion.

I don't think that's right, as the wording in the rules don't support that interpretation of "interrupt".