blackholexan

Excited by the new article!

I was pretty put out that Chewbacca flat-out can't be adapted for campaign - and the fact that any of them need to be adapted at all. I get that in scenarios where they make free appearances, you'd need to use the originals for balance - but outside of that, why not make them something the Rebel player would ever sanely spend money on? My rebel players won't even summon balanced allies (because balanced means that, usually, it doesn't really *benefit* them and it's not a great scenario reward) they sure as heck will never, ever summon Chewbacca or Han in their vanilla form.

10 minutes ago, Aerothorn said:

I was pretty put out that Chewbacca flat-out can't be adapted for campaign - and the fact that any of them need to be adapted at all. I get that in scenarios where they make free appearances, you'd need to use the originals for balance - but outside of that, why not make them something the Rebel player would ever sanely spend money on? My rebel players won't even summon balanced allies (because balanced means that, usually, it doesn't really *benefit* them and it's not a great scenario reward) they sure as heck will never, ever summon Chewbacca or Han in their vanilla form.

Well, Han becomes a really powerful ally if you use his upgrade in campaign. He can clear out a lot of units with those 3 attacks...

And Chewie could be pretty easily adapted - just give him the command card to use in the mission! Once per mission, when a Hero is defeated, he becomes focused and readies his command card. I think I'd be willing to take that ally as the Rebels :lol:

Is this an error?

"Yes, altogether, Han Solo can now make three attacks per round, and he makes all of them with the blue, green, and YELLOW dice from his trusty heavy blaster pistol."

His attack is blue, green, green, and I don't see anything in Rogue Smuggler that changes it it. Am I missing something?

Yeah I noticed that too. Probably a mistake or oversight. As the card is, he still rolls BGG.

Interesting stuff all around. Not sure what I think of the new Rebels in skirmish..

And 'heavy ordnance' seems so strange.. will we get interesting objects to destroy? (Maybe the shield tokens from previous article, but to spend a CC on that...)

Interesting to see the shapeshifter cards too. So 1 is support and 1 is melee/movement. The last form is probably (long) ranged then.. replacing a red die with blue and built in accuracy.

If you adapted Chewie's card into campaign, you could either also adapt the Debts repaid card into campaign, giving him a once per mission ability or simply ignore that text.

Im not sure what the right answer is.

1 hour ago, ImperialOfficer said:

So Han's card says to Exhaust the upgrade at the end of the round.  anyone know the significance of this? 

Vader's doesn't say to exhaust the card.  Any ideas on why Han's would? 

I can't think of any reason since Han's card would ready before you exhaust it again during the Status phase. I suppose there can be new ways to circumvent text abilities in the future.

Edited by KReyloBen

This article really highlights my problems with the skirmish mode of IA. Upgrade cards are a decent solution to the now apparent over costing, but still feels cheap. I am interested to see if any of these new versions will see high level play.

Also, is it racist to hate those knobby cone-head aliens on sight?

3 minutes ago, Folkenhellfang said:

I am interested to see if any of these new versions will see high level play.

I think they will.  Look at IG, he's everywhere right now.  And people are foaming at the mouth to play the new Vader.  

I'll definitely be excited to try the new Han.  I've been playing Chewie for a while, trying to make him work.  I think the extra 4 points, +1, and debts repaid will go a long way.