Jump to content
Darth Sanguis

Storage solutions...

Recommended Posts

So it dawns on me a wave of 2 large ships will be too much for my current storage solution.... Right now I use 3 "Husky" stackable tool cases

The top case houses all the bases, support fins, ship tokens, command dials, speed dials, dice, small ships, obstacles for my entire collection 

Husky-Nail-Caddy-Small-Parts-Organizer.j

The bottom two are like the one shown below. In the middle case I use 1 of 3 MTG deckbuilder boxes to house my ship cards, squadrons cards, objectives, and defense tokens. The other two boxes separate the assembled bases of all my squads by faction. All of the squadrons models are stored in two separate tiny plano cases. I typically lay the range rulers, maneuver tools, RRG, LTP, and CC RRG over everything once it's packed. The very bottom is basically all my upgrades in baggies and all my tokens in boxes/baggies seperating all my ship models on one side and 6 always assembled flotillas on the other. 
2300686.jpg



As it currently stands.... Getting 2 Mc75s and at the very least one Chimera ISD, I simply will not have room....


Anyone have a better system to carry all their gear? (I'm kinda the leader in my group, I lend out ships for newer players, so I like to have everything with me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought some foam from an online retailer and a large storage box from a localDIY place. Cost around £40 all in and stores everything from both factions including multiples and likely to be future proof for 3/4 waves 

Edited by Benji1980

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Benji1980 said:

I bought some foam from an online retailer and a large storage box from a localDIY place. Cost around £40 all in and stores everything from both factions including multiples and likely to be future proof for 3/4 waves 

That's not a bad idea.... I'm thinking I may be able to use this for 3-4 more waves if I just dremel out those handles in the bottom two cases... They don't actually support the case once it's assembled...... Maybe if I cut those out, lay down plastic bottom, I could move the upgrades and tokens up to the middle box, then I could use foam like you did on the bottom, It'd easily hold 6-7 more large ships without that handle in the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're probably already familiar with my preference, which is the Stanley Click N' Connect toolbox+organizers. The upside of that system is the organizers themselves are pretty cheap and can hold just about anything, especially if you lay your larger ships on their sides and detach them from the base.

I'm also coming around to the idea that bringing every ship (of a given faction) that I own to game night is going to become increasingly unfeasible with wave 7 and beyond. It's likely time to start leaving some ships at home before game night, particularly the duplicate ships that are unlikely to get used unless it's jank-o-clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

That's not a bad idea.... I'm thinking I may be able to use this for 3-4 more waves if I just dremel out those handles in the bottom two cases... They don't actually support the case once it's assembled...... Maybe if I cut those out, lay down plastic bottom, I could move the upgrades and tokens up to the middle box, then I could use foam like you did on the bottom, It'd easily hold 6-7 more large ships without that handle in the way. 

I bought 4 layers of foam which keeps things really safe. 1 for Imps, 1 for Rebs and 1 for fighters. 

They then just pull out of the main box. Not that easy to carry around so I use something else for tournies but very good to keep it all safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

You're probably already familiar with my preference, which is the Stanley Click N' Connect toolbox+organizers.

Yeah, I had planned on snagging a set similar your yours, I may still go that route, yours seems more efficient. It would require me to binder up though, which.. this far in, is gonna take a solid minute. 
 

4 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

It's likely time to start leaving some ships at home before game night, particularly the duplicate ships that are unlikely to get used unless it's jank-o-clock.


Hey man, it's me we're talking about, it's ALWAYS jank-o-clock when I'm around! A squadronless OP-Interdictor PulseTap fleet with 3 activations? Yeah, I'll run it. lol

Joke's aside, we regularly use all the ships. With the exception of maybe my 5 raiders... but those all fit neatly in the top bin, hardly in the way...

I'm fairly committed to keeping all my stuff with me. Not for tournaments or anything but for game night I never want our new guys to not have a ship they wanted to try. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

You're probably already familiar with my preference, which is the Stanley Click N' Connect toolbox+organizers. The upside of that system is the organizers themselves are pretty cheap and can hold just about anything, especially if you lay your larger ships on their sides and detach them from the base.

I'm not familiar with the toolbox, but I have the BCW Tarot Card Album Pages, and they are the best.  Nice storage solution, I'm going to look for a ruler bag like yours, that is something I'm definitely missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

I'm also coming around to the idea that bringing every ship (of a given faction) that I own to game night is going to become increasingly unfeasible with wave 7 and beyond. It's likely time to start leaving some ships at home before game night, particularly the duplicate ships that are unlikely to get used unless it's jank-o-clock.

Yeah, I'm reaching this point too. My stack of boxes as I walk into the store is rapidly becoming comical...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is something I stressed about a few years back when I entertained starting up xwing. I hate carrying things. When I played MTG I brought my deck, period. No bag, playmat, dice, nothing, just a deck box. I go to NYCC in the fall and don't even like having a jacket to lug around. Now that I'm thinking of picking up Armada, I'm gonna have to revise my thinking. Either that or build some kind of bandolier. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use these to transport my fleets

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Fatmax-FMST14820-FatMax-Organizer/dp/B008J2IQ34/ref=pd_bxgy_469_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B008J2IQ34&pd_rd_r=E55Z8FDTPZ074AVXEFHK&pd_rd_w=PP4lt&pd_rd_wg=73ApQ&psc=1&refRID=E55Z8FDTPZ074AVXEFHK

I have to take out some of the compartments to make anything larger than an Assault Frigate fit but anything smaller than that fits great still on the stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...