Jump to content
SODABURBLES

Recreating the battle of Scarif

Recommended Posts

How would you guys do this? Obviously you would want two ISDs on the imp side. And profundity with raddus on the rebel side. What would you fill out the lists with? It is kind of hard right now since we don't have all of the points for things, but I am curious to see what everyone would come up with.

I was also thinking you could do like a combo mission with station assault to represent the shield generator, and capture the vip to represent Leila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The all mighty internet tells me that at scarrif the rebs had :

  • 3 Braha'tok-class gunships.
  • 3 Hammerhead corvettes. Consonance. ...
  • At least 6 CR90 corvettes. Tantive IV (late battle)
  • At least 4 EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigates.
  • 10 GR-75 medium transports.
  • 1 MC75 cruiser. Profundity.
  • At least 22 BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bombers. Gold Squadron.
  • At least 32 T-65B X-wing starfighters.

There are more but not so easly ctrl c, ctrl v

So i figuring roun 1000 pts of rebs

Imps are a lot harder. 

3 isd vaders shows up at the end so hypr space lanes?

75 ties

The shield gate

And the death star......

So as you can see this is not easy 2 thisnd with noooooo suitable in game representation. 

Im gonna have to sleep on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a post on Reddit that really gets specific, but yeah, Noosh more than covered all the proper ingredients, I'd say.

Funny you should bring up Scarif...I'm new to Armada. So new in fact that I don't even own a single ship yet. I'd been a GOT LCG player and just recently got into Destiny. When I saw the Profundity on the FFG homepage, however, I was pretty excited. I'm mildly obsessed with R1,  so I've spent the last few days going down the rabbit hole watching games and reading up on strategies, etc. to see if I should pursue this game or just buy the model to sit on my shelf. I'm thinking maybe I might want to go all in.

Anyway, I digress! The first thing I thought of was the battle over Scarif and how awesome it would be to recreate it in Armada. Now, while I'm just learning about the game mechanics, I'm wondering how or if it's possible to create/use an existing objective to destroy the shield gate, deliver the plans to the CR90, and escape before the Devastator arrives. I know some xwing guys recreated the Trench Run, so maybe it would need to be custom?

In any event, I'm already planning on getting a Scarif planet mat and maybe this to go with it...

Seems like a lot of fun!

IMG_1825.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, here is what I am thinking (I heavily referenced the Wookieepedia article on the battle). I think it might be a little over kill to represent all the ships from the battle, so I am going to stick with 500 points a side. A description of the mission is at the bottom. Here are the lists I am thinking of:

Scarif Imperials 

Faction: Galactic Empire
Points: 500/500  

Commander: Darth Vader

Assault Objective: Station Assault
Defense Objective: Hyperspace Assault

[ flagship ] Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (110 points)
-  Darth Vader  ( 36  points) 
 Devastator  ( 10  points) 
= 156 total ship cost

Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (Persecutor) (110 points)
-  Flight Controllers  ( 6  points) 
-  Expanded Hangar Bay  ( 5  points) 
-  Boosted Comms  ( 4  points) 
= 125 total ship cost

Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (Intimidator) (110 points)
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points) 
-  Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams  ( 6  points) 
= 123 total ship cost

12 TIE Fighter Squadrons ( 96 points) 

 

 

Scarif Rebels 

Faction: Rebel Alliance
Points: 496/500  

Commander: Admiral Raddus
Defense Objective: Capture the VIP

[ flagship ] MC75 (~114 points) [Used the points for an MC80 Assault Cruiser for a reference here]
-  Admiral Raddus  ( 26  points) 
 Profundity  ( 7  points) 
-  Leia Organa  ( 3  points) 
= 150 total ship cost

CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
 Tantive IV  ( 3  points) 
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 
= 54 total ship cost

Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36 points)
 Lightmaker (Use rules for Garel's Honor)  ( 4  points) 
-  External Racks  ( 3  points) 
= 43 total ship cost

Nebulon-B Escort Frigate (57 points)
-  Fighter Coordination Team  ( 3  points) 
= 60 total ship cost

GR-75 Combat Retrofits (24 points)
-  Boosted Comms  ( 4  points) 
-  Bomber Command Center  ( 8  points) 
= 36 total ship cost

CR90 Corvette B (39 points) [Included so something can disable an ISD like in the film]
-  Overload Pulse  ( 8  points) 
= 47 total ship cost

1 Gold Squadron ( 12 points) 
1 Rogue Squadron ( 14 points) 
2 X-Wing Squadrons ( 26 points) 
1 Y-Wing Squadron ( 10 points) 
1 "Dutch" Vander ( 16 points) 
1 Hera Syndulla ( 28 points) 

 

Special Rules: 

All three of the objectives are used. Each fleet counts as the second player for its objectives. For Station Assault only one station is used, but it has double the hit points. Removing 50% of the hit points from the station counts as having destroyed one of the stations. The Imperial player must deploy Devastator using the Hyperspace assault rules. Leia counts as the vip token for the rebels. Tantive IV must be deployed using Profundity's rules. Rebels have the initiative. 

I have an idea: The rebel fleet automatically wins a 10-1 victory if one of the ISDs (not Vader's) is destroyed by being rammed by Lightmaker.

Prepare a boarding party: Vader can also be used for his new boarding party card effect. If Vader succesfully boards Leia's ship and discards her, then the Imperials win a 10-1 victory.

Other Thoughts: It seems like the Imperial special win condition might be easier than the rebel one. One idea to alleviate this would be to add the rule: "if an ISD is disabled by Overload Pulse and then rammed by Lightmaker it is auto destroyed." What do you guys think about that idea?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a plan to me! Excuse my ignorance, I'm not really up on the squadron part yet, but would including Hera automatically bring Ghost with her or is that just the card coming in?

something tells me the Profundity will come with a Lightmaker title card that maybe has more impact (ahem) on the ramming capability. Makes sense to release it now. Why else would they omit it from the expansion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, K-2SO said:

That looks like a plan to me! Excuse my ignorance, I'm not really up on the squadron part yet, but would including Hera automatically bring Ghost with her or is that just the card coming in?

something tells me the Profundity will come with a Lightmaker title card that maybe has more impact (ahem) on the ramming capability. Makes sense to release it now. Why else would they omit it from the expansion?

It automatically brings the ghost in, squadron cards with ace pilots will show the name of their ships too, and all the attributes and keywords you need, the only other thing you need is the model on the stand and the cardboard to keep track of the hull left. The only cards to hold upgrades are ships, squad cards are simply to represent and provide the information for the fighter, and no more complications to keep track off :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Noosh said:

The all mighty internet tells me that at scarrif the rebs had :

  • 3 Braha'tok-class gunships.
  • 3 Hammerhead corvettes. Consonance. ...
  • At least 6 CR90 corvettes. Tantive IV (late battle)
  • At least 4 EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigates.
  • 10 GR-75 medium transports.
  • 1 MC75 cruiser. Profundity.
  • At least 22 BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bombers. Gold Squadron.
  • At least 32 T-65B X-wing starfighters.

There are more but not so easly ctrl c, ctrl v

So i figuring roun 1000 pts of rebs

Imps are a lot harder. 

3 isd vaders shows up at the end so hypr space lanes?

75 ties

The shield gate

And the death star......

So as you can see this is not easy 2 thisnd with noooooo suitable in game representation. 

Im gonna have to sleep on this

No wonder they did so well in the beginning with all of those activation....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, K-2SO said:

something tells me the Profundity will come with a Lightmaker title card that maybe has more impact (ahem) on the ramming capability. Makes sense to release it now. Why else would they omit it from the expansion?

It would be cool if they gave us Lightmaker. So far ffg has never included a title for a different ship in an expansion though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SODABURBLES said:

It would be cool if they gave us Lightmaker. So far ffg has never included a title for a different ship in an expansion though.

Maybe not for Armada, but there is precedent for this. X-Wing in the Most Wanted Expansion, it came with the Andrasta title for the Firespray-31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that scarrif would be terribly hard to remake. Ive though about it and logically rebs had the early advantage. Effectivly more points than the imps. Even at the end game they technically were only outclassed be the death star. In all honesty a 3rd isd even vaders would have been a tough figh for the imps, only the appearence of the death star and the retreat of the rebel fleet made vaders entrance so devastating. His arrival turned an ordered retreat into a route. Mosly good timing on his part. Could the rebel fleet of taken vader? Probably. Could they of taken the death star? No.

So if you were to do scarrif i think that some kind of escape condition for the rebs would be kinda cool. So kinda like every rebel ship that escapes give that player that ships points in their favor, and the tantive IV lets say will give its points, plus the profundity's points (even if escapes too. So double profundity points if they both make it).

For the imps I think that when vader artives all ships and squadrons destroyed are worth double. And what the rebs got for the tantive IV the imps will get if they destroy it. Bounus point should be awarded for the destruction of the profundity with vader boarding from the devastator(or demolisher, i cant remember which one is his)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have literally ran the scenario over the weekend, twice. Being true to source this is not an even battle, so I did not focus on having a equal point values. I wanted to use as many ships as I own and just have fun.  The totals were Rebels (670 pts) to Imp (446 pts), but with ships coming into battle and escaping it is never all on the board at the same time. The objective is armed station assault for the first 3 rounds (rebels have first activation) then it switches to hyperspace assault and survive for the final 3 rounds (Imps have first activation). Rebels win if the station is destroyed and admiral's ship survives round 6. They need to wait for the deathstar plans.

The setup for Rebels MC80BC with Akbar standing in for 75 and Rad. Also coming to town are 2 CR90s, 2 HH, 2 Nebs, and 1  transport with 4 Y-Wings, Gold Squad and Dutch, 10 X-wings, and Ghost

The setup for Imperials have 2 V-II and 8 Ties. At the beginning of rounds 2 and 3, 4 more ties arrive on the station. Note: when I ran out of ties I used phantoms the most similar to the strikers.

At the beginning of turn 4, half (rounding up) of the remaining rebel flight (ships and squads and all named squads) escape.  Vader on a ISD-II is placed anywhere on the board.

It was fun, chaotic, and long (because of all the squad activations). Thematically if felt appropriate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nekzous said:

I have literally ran the scenario over the weekend, twice. Being true to source this is not an even battle, so I did not focus on having a equal point values. I wanted to use as many ships as I own and just have fun.  The totals were Rebels (670 pts) to Imp (446 pts), but with ships coming into battle and escaping it is never all on the board at the same time. The objective is armed station assault for the first 3 rounds (rebels have first activation) then it switches to hyperspace assault and survive for the final 3 rounds (Imps have first activation). Rebels win if the station is destroyed and admiral's ship survives round 6. They need to wait for the deathstar plans.

The setup for Rebels MC80BC with Akbar standing in for 75 and Rad. Also coming to town are 2 CR90s, 2 HH, 2 Nebs, and 1  transport with 4 Y-Wings, Gold Squad and Dutch, 10 X-wings, and Ghost

The setup for Imperials have 2 V-II and 8 Ties. At the beginning of rounds 2 and 3, 4 more ties arrive on the station. Note: when I ran out of ties I used phantoms the most similar to the strikers.

At the beginning of turn 4, half (rounding up) of the remaining rebel flight (ships and squads and all named squads) escape.  Vader on a ISD-II is placed anywhere on the board.

It was fun, chaotic, and long (because of all the squad activations). Thematically if felt appropriate. 

I need to try this now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nekzous said:

I have literally ran the scenario over the weekend, twice. Being true to source this is not an even battle, so I did not focus on having a equal point values. I wanted to use as many ships as I own and just have fun.  The totals were Rebels (670 pts) to Imp (446 pts), but with ships coming into battle and escaping it is never all on the board at the same time. The objective is armed station assault for the first 3 rounds (rebels have first activation) then it switches to hyperspace assault and survive for the final 3 rounds (Imps have first activation). Rebels win if the station is destroyed and admiral's ship survives round 6. They need to wait for the deathstar plans.

The setup for Rebels MC80BC with Akbar standing in for 75 and Rad. Also coming to town are 2 CR90s, 2 HH, 2 Nebs, and 1  transport with 4 Y-Wings, Gold Squad and Dutch, 10 X-wings, and Ghost

The setup for Imperials have 2 V-II and 8 Ties. At the beginning of rounds 2 and 3, 4 more ties arrive on the station. Note: when I ran out of ties I used phantoms the most similar to the strikers.

At the beginning of turn 4, half (rounding up) of the remaining rebel flight (ships and squads and all named squads) escape.  Vader on a ISD-II is placed anywhere on the board.

It was fun, chaotic, and long (because of all the squad activations). Thematically if felt appropriate. 

Nice! The only thing I'd change were I you is the ISD-II to a -I, 'cause that's what Devastator was.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/08/2017 at 5:34 AM, K-2SO said:

Here's a post on Reddit that really gets specific, but yeah, Noosh more than covered all the proper ingredients, I'd say.

Funny you should bring up Scarif...I'm new to Armada. So new in fact that I don't even own a single ship yet. I'd been a GOT LCG player and just recently got into Destiny. When I saw the Profundity on the FFG homepage, however, I was pretty excited. I'm mildly obsessed with R1,  so I've spent the last few days going down the rabbit hole watching games and reading up on strategies, etc. to see if I should pursue this game or just buy the model to sit on my shelf. I'm thinking maybe I might want to go all in.

Anyway, I digress! The first thing I thought of was the battle over Scarif and how awesome it would be to recreate it in Armada. Now, while I'm just learning about the game mechanics, I'm wondering how or if it's possible to create/use an existing objective to destroy the shield gate, deliver the plans to the CR90, and escape before the Devastator arrives. I know some xwing guys recreated the Trench Run, so maybe it would need to be custom?

In any event, I'm already planning on getting a Scarif planet mat and maybe this to go with it...

Seems like a lot of fun!

IMG_1825.JPG

is this model currently available?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Visovics Gotcha. Thank you, that makes sense. I haven't really looked into squadrons that much yet. Still getting all the rules sorted out. 

@SODABURBLES Thats too bad. Then again it would need to be yellow, anyway, right? It's kind of an important ship to just slap a title on and orange version. You think it's at all possible it's going to be included with Profundity? That's probably unorthodox as well, but maybe the reason they didn't show the fan of cards included?

@GammonLord there also one priced half as much, but they only show it from the bottom, so I'm not sure if it's as good as the one above. This one is like 7" or and that sounds about right scale wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Visovics Gotcha. Thank you, that makes sense. I haven't really looked into squadrons that much yet. Still getting all the rules sorted out. 

@SODABURBLES Thats too bad. Then again it would need to be yellow, anyway, right? It's kind of an important ship to just slap a title on and orange version. You think it's at all possible it's going to be included with Profundity? That's probably unorthodox as well, but maybe the reason they didn't show the fan of cards included?

@GammonLord there also one priced half as much, but they only show it from the bottom, so I'm not sure if it's as good as the one above. This one is like 7" or and that sounds about right scale wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, K-2SO said:

@Visovics Gotcha. Thank you, that makes sense. I haven't really looked into squadrons that much yet. Still getting all the rules sorted out. 

@SODABURBLES Thats too bad. Then again it would need to be yellow, anyway, right? It's kind of an important ship to just slap a title on and orange version. You think it's at all possible it's going to be included with Profundity? That's probably unorthodox as well, but maybe the reason they didn't show the fan of cards included?

@GammonLord there also one priced half as much, but they only show it from the bottom, so I'm not sure if it's as good as the one above. This one is like 7" or and that sounds about right scale wise. 

Glad to help :D 

Also, am I the only one noticing a lot of doubles and triple posts?? Seems to have wildly increased in the last few days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I got a bad gateway error, refreshed, and it doubled up. 

So what do you guys think is better. Getting a mat of this and the shapeways model. 

IMG_1846.thumb.PNG.d110ea659b0bc477aa230dd687acc75c.PNG

Or just get this:

IMG_1848.thumb.PNG.daabea89ca736d971cc4b789b5b12459.PNG

Second one is cheaper, but I think it would be cool to have the model in there. You could even get some this blue sheets of film to make the shield. 

 

IMG_1849.JPG.76dbafbf292c56ab8ca66ca429b94609.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...