johncpatterson

Would a sticker on a card to indicate errata be legal?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, just a quick question:  if one were to put a very thin and very small sticker on the front of a card, without blocking text, and within a sleeve, in order to indicate that a card has errata text found within the official FAQ, would that be legal for tournament play?  If the answer is no, does anyone have any other ideas that would be legal without just having to memorize which cards have errata and which don't?

Thanks!
- John

I don't think you'd have any problems as long as you didn't obscure text and the card wasn't distinguishable (e.g. Isn't noticeably thicker). I'd personally be more nervous about damaging the card.

Sticker isn't the best solution. It's be subject to judgement call and you might not want that uncertainty. You could print off the list of eratas to have with you. If you are really having a hard time, might even be able to have a second card you could swap in once the card was played.

If you want more opinions, you should go check out cardgamedb.com.  Most of the community for this game uses those forums instead of these.

I don't think there'd be any issue with a discreet sticker on the face of the card.

The concern about marked cards is being able to identify them from touch or while they're face down in your deck.