Stevey86

Belbullab-22

3 hours ago, svelok said:

It's way worse than a shield upgrade, which is 6. 

Iii don’t know that you can compare the two that directly. One charge would be way worse than a shield upgrade, but with two charges... it’s like a situational double shield upgrade. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it cost anywhere from 4-8 (though I’d probably guess 5-6).

Its really situational, you have to get crits, and particular crits, so it will keep price down, maybe 2-3 range or maybe even 0 (but few extra points in base ship cost)

Against torps, it's a great card even if it costs 6 pt. Otherwise, it's unimpressively a built-in R5 astro. I'd consider it on the basis of directs always insta-gibbing the last hull of a ship. But then again, the globgogabgalab fighter is more or less a support ship/pest a la Wampa or Sabaac that does not want to get pricey.

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

Iii don’t know that you can compare the two that directly. One charge would be way worse than a shield upgrade, but with two charges... it’s like a situational double shield upgrade. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it cost anywhere from 4-8 (though I’d probably guess 5-6).

I agree with the 4 to 8 point range. I think less than 4 (or even 4 potentially) and it's auto-include. At 8 or more it's probably too situational. Remember the change to a crit on things like torps an the x1 are optional. 5 or 6 points is probably a fair price. The problem will be the play experience, it's going to be very unreliable. It probably won't help in the average game, but in some games it will outright prevent 2 damage and their associated crit effects.

13 hours ago, HealOverTime said:

I love it too but if it is, say, 8pts or more I might give it a miss.

As @svelok said below; it's mathematically worse (due to it having trigger restrictions) than a shield upgrade which is 6pts, so there is a low chance its going to be more expensive than that. Giving the ship effective extra hull and an immunity to most of the crits in the damage deck is powerful, but it also relies on the variance of being dealt those crits in the first place. I think that is what will keep its cost out of that 6-8pt window, as its not a definite benefit every single game like shield upgrade for example. It's also unique to the ship, which lowers its value in general and therefore its cost.

Who knows what its really going to cost, but I like the potential strength of this card without thinking of its cost. Its a fun mechanic, that has intrinsic value as well.

12 hours ago, svelok said:

It's way worse than a shield upgrade, which is 6. 

Posted (edited)

Well, now that we have them, what are people’s thoughts? I like Grievous a lot and though I4 is an adjustment. What are people thinking about the generics? 

Also on the imperium plating debate, I think it’s value is good, and especially so on soulless one with the extra hull.

These are cool ships and I see next to discussion!

Edited by urbanyeti

Impervium on Soulless One is a must. Most games I've got it to trigger twice, well worth the points cost. Grievous makes a great flanker, my main thing with him is to just play him slower and don't over commit. Use his linked actions only when you can guarantee a flanking, range one shot with rerolls because stress is harder to get rid of and makes you very predictable. 

1 hour ago, urbanyeti said:

Well, now that we have them, what are people’s thoughts? I like Grievous a lot and though I4 is an adjustment. What are people thinking about the generics? 

Also on the imperium plating debate, I think it’s value is good, and especially so on soulless one with the extra hull.

These are cool ships and I see next to discussion!

Impervium and Soulless One are both basically full-priced hull upgrades, on a ship that would never normally be willing to pay for a hull upgrade... 

Grievous seems maybe a bit expensive for what he offers, at least right now while CIS doesn't have many options, and compounded with the above, the super 70-point Grievous just seems bad. 

On the other hand, Grievous with just Trick Shot as a pocket flanker seems better, although again, he kinda chafes at the current CIS listbuilding options. In 2-3 more waves he'll probably shine a lot brighter, especially if Impervium etc are more aggressively costed by then.

11 minutes ago, madmc326 said:

Has anyone tried a couple of them as aces? Our local meta is just Wat and Kraken supporting 6 Vultures.

10 minutes ago, svelok said:

Impervium and Soulless One are both basically full-priced hull upgrades, on a ship that would never normally be willing to pay for a hull upgrade... 

Grievous seems maybe a bit expensive for what he offers, at least right now while CIS doesn't have many options, and compounded with the above, the super 70-point Grievous just seems bad. 

On the other hand, Grievous with just Trick Shot as a pocket flanker seems better, although again, he kinda chafes at the current CIS listbuilding options. In 2-3 more waves he'll probably shine a lot brighter, especially if Impervium etc are more aggressively costed by then.

I have been testing out some Grievous in a squad with Wat and Vultures. Actually been working out better than I expected. Grievous has no upgrades and Wat just has Kraken. Surprisingly (maybe not actually surprisingly) both Wat and Grievous end up making it into the mid/end game very frequently because the opponent wants to take ships off the board. That means the Vultures are much easier targets to do that to, especially any Feds (i1 drones). Grievous either garners a lot of attention for only 47 pts still OR he gets to do what he wants flanking and still REALLY hurts for only 47 pts. It depends on the squad, but Grievous might be best without anything except Crack shot or Trick shot. 

S1 is a really good upgrade, you will get those defensive rerolls a lot, and they have a lot of value, it would be worth taking on basically anything.

Impervium is a little more questionable, and a lot more droppable, but it does help a lot, and those pilot crits are mean.

The onyl real issues with the ablublu are that the linked actions don't really match up with the dial, and that Greivous is only I4.  Greivous would be a MONSTER at higher init, and can still do a lot of work even as is.

I have played a fat Grievous about 10 times.   I play him like he flies in the Clone Wars cartoon. Cowardly. It frustrates my opponent and I still get some very good shots off. However, I can say I have never ever actually used the ability of Impervium plating, although I have definitely used the hull. 

6 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

S1 is a really good upgrade, you will get those defensive rerolls a lot, and they have a lot of value, it would be worth taking on basically anything.

Impervium is a little more questionable, and a lot more droppable, but it does help a lot, and those pilot crits are mean.

The onyl real issues with the ablublu are that the linked actions don't really match up with the dial, and that Greivous is only I4.  Greivous would be a MONSTER at higher init, and can still do a lot of work even as is.

I agree with the rerolls, they are a huge part of the utility. The linked actions can be helpful, but must be used sparingly. S1 is good for running away to clear the stress (very thematic!).