Stevey86

Belbullab-22

12 minutes ago, CaptainIxidor said:

41 years since it's original introduction. It's first flight was 5 years before that.

I thought it was older as well. Was there another similar craft before it?

Not really. They used modified cargo planes for the role before they added the A-10 in. She was designed as a counter to Soviet heavy tank battalions iirc, we've just discovered that she makes a very beautiful anti-anything on (or in with the introduction of more advanced delayed fuse missiles) the ground platform as time went on. They've been trying to replace her since the early 90's and nothing that has come up as an option has come close to what the A-10 can do overall.

44 minutes ago, CaptainIxidor said:

41 years since it's original introduction. It's first flight was 5 years before that.

I thought it was older as well. Was there another similar craft before it?

Sorry 41 years than haha. But that helps my point even more. Old tech doesn't mean that's still not useful many years later. And the time gap between the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil war is like 20ish years? Plenty of other ships are still used and hold up well like the N1-Naboo, ARC, Y-Wing. So a super advanced cutting-edge air superiority custom-tweaked craft built for the leader of the entire Confederacy at the height of their economic power could conceivably be able to go toe to toe with most Galactic Civil War ships.

But time will tell what FFG will do with it. They probably need some more costly ships to balance out the no-doubt extremely cheap Vultures.

15 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

Sorry 41 years than haha. But that helps my point even more. Old tech doesn't mean that's still not useful many years later. And the time gap between the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil war is like 20ish years? Plenty of other ships are still used and hold up well like the N1-Naboo, ARC, Y-Wing. So a super advanced cutting-edge air superiority custom-tweaked craft built for the leader of the entire Confederacy at the height of their economic power could conceivably be able to go toe to toe with most Galactic Civil War ships.

But time will tell what FFG will do with it. They probably need some more costly ships to balance out the no-doubt extremely cheap Vultures.

The First Battle of Geonosis was 22 years before the Battle of Yavin. Invasion of Naboo was 32 BBY. Vulture Droids first appearance was that invasion (though we could assume they had some amount of test runs before-hand), and they are still being used in the sequel era as private security for Cato Neimoidians but who knows if these were updated variants (like the different-looking Sheathipede seen in SW: Resistance) or the same models well-maintained. So, that's something.

Edited by CaptainIxidor

1 hour ago, CaptainIxidor said:

The First Battle of Geonosis was 22 years before the Battle of Yavin. Invasion of Naboo was 32 BBY. Vulture Droids first appearance was that invasion (though we could assume they had some amount of test runs before-hand), and they are still being used in the sequel era as private security for Cato Neimoidians but who knows if these were updated variants (like the different-looking Sheathipede seen in SW: Resistance) or the same models well-maintained. So, that's something.

Still fits for my comparison haha. I see the Vulture as kind of a MIG, old but gets the job done. And they look like a cheap fighter.

1 hour ago, Forgottenlore said:

I think you guys are worrying way too much about perceived technological differences. This is an abstract game, not a simulation (of a technologically glacial society). If the game needs the separatists to have a fighter comparable to the defender, it will. 

I agree and have always been for multi-era factions and let the game and simplicity take precedence. Just pointing out that "old technology shouldn't be equivalent to later" isn't necessarily true and some our world examples. Personally hoping Grievous's fighter is the Uber fighter for the Confederacy that the Defender/E-wing are for their factions 

3 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

Personally hoping Grievous's fighter is the Uber fighter for the Confederacy that the Defender/E-wing are for their factions 

I'm seeing the Tri-Fighter more in that role than the Bug-22, but we'll see what FFG does with them. :)

Just now, Hiemfire said:

I'm seeing the Tri-Fighter more in that role than the Bug-22, but we'll see what FFG does with them. :)

Also not a bad choice though they do seem more mass-produced then the specialty B-22.

All in all super pumped for Confederacy!

5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

The Tri-Fighter will be the Confederacy's interceptor craft. I could see the Confederacy getting a super fighter (though I am torn on if they should), I don't think the generic Bulb-22 will be it though.

The Rogue Class was treated more like the CIS's Super-fighter, at least in the Clone Wars show. it didn't show up much but when it did it was treated as this very valuable and dangerous thing. not only in the more standard models, but also the "ace custom" version like Cade Bane used (which had features like a cloaking device.. his fighter was a customized model he received from the CIS as payment for a dangerous job)

3 hours ago, mithril2098 said:

The Rogue Class was treated more like the CIS's Super-fighter, 

And recalls the P-38 Lightning, or maybe the P-61 Black Widow, which were amongst the sexiest warplanes ever produced.  I have no interest in droid swarms, but give me both the Bugatti and the Lightning Black Widow!  I reckon three or four of them in some combination would be a pleasant little squad to fly, and sexy as **** on the playmat!

1 minute ago, Kleeg005 said:

And recalls the P-38 Lightning, or maybe the P-61 Black Widow, which were amongst the sexiest warplanes ever produced.  I have no interest in droid swarms, but give me both the Bugatti and the Lightning Black Widow!  I reckon three or four of them in some combination would be a pleasant little squad to fly, and sexy as **** on the playmat!

Army Air Corps green Rogues? That sounds interesting.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:07 AM, Budgernaut said:

The fact that someone remembered this thread was here is impressive ... most impressive.

To be fair I know the guy who started the thread in real life and we spoke about Grevious arriving just before I used some black magic ;) 

Well we have our official answer.

3 Atk, 2 Agility, 3 Hull, 2 Shields, with Focus, Target Lock, Boost, and Barrel Roll as actions (the latter 2 with links). The ship also gets a special modification letting it shrug off Ship type crits as an optional add on.

1 hour ago, BVRCH said:

I'm loving impervium plating, this is way cooler than what we were thinking in terms of beefing it up. Being able to just discard a direct hit is nuts!

swz29_impervium-plating.png

It will be interesting to see how much that costs, I didn't even think about directly preventing a Direct Hit. Looking at the damage deck 25 of the 33 cards are ship cards. You would be better off with normal hits against a Belbullab with Impervium Plating than crits.

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Well, since we're here again...

the pic on the first page kinda sorta looks like the bel would make a rad batmobile conversion 

Dammit.

Have to get mine repainted to be like the 1989 Batmobile.

25 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

It will be interesting to see how much that costs, I didn't even think about directly preventing a Direct Hit. Looking at the damage deck 25 of the 33 cards are ship cards. You would be better off with normal hits against a Belbullab with Impervium Plating than crits.

Totally agree, most people will be hoping they don't roll crits against this. It's a great card, not only does it stop double damage but crit chaining as well. Fuel Leak and Hull Breach don't matter with this upgrade. With the 2 shields it can effectively negate the effects of 4 crits, and ignore the damage of 2. With the dial and both reposition options I think it'll be quite tanky without the base stats being stereotypically tanky. Kylo will be able to mess it up, but ISYTDS is the only thing I can think of that can really circumvent the plating easily.

Edited by BVRCH

5 hours ago, BVRCH said:

I'm loving impervium plating, this is way cooler than what we were thinking in terms of beefing it up. Being able to just discard a direct hit is nuts!

swz29_impervium-plating.png

I love it too but if it is, say, 8pts or more I might give it a miss.