Stevey86

Belbullab-22

5 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I was about to disagree, thinking of modern cars.  But pulling up some vintage cars, totally correct.  It does look a lot like a vintage Rolls or Bentley, but Bugatti of the same era just matches more.  It all makes sense, though, that it's super-vintage.  The Prequels are a George Lucas homage to 30s camp sci-fi, for good or ill (mostly ill, IMHO).

Bugatti:

602px-Bugatti_Type_57SC_Atalante.jpg

Rolls Royce:

640px-1938_Rolls-Royce_Wraith_sedan_(269

640px-1938_Rolls-Royce_Wraith_sedan_(271

Bentley:

R-type_Continental_Park_Ward_coup%C3%A9_

Maybe fewer, if there's a Shield Upgrade in there.  The kit comes with 48 upgrade cards, and it'd kind of make sense for there to be a few mod slot upgrades in there.

According to a poll someone did about 2 years ago I've got about 30 years on the average poster. You need to consider the age difference. Lol

3 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

I don't think it's going to be a super-fighter, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Confederacy didn't get one at all (I don't think the Republic will either). I would say it's going to be a cross between an X-wing and a Y-wing in terms of role. X-wing stat line 3/2/4/2 and actions with a device slot, and maybe Boost instead of Barrel Roll, but no access to both.

I don't think it'll be as strong as a Defender, but its considered a heavy fighter, the only one with shielding, and was almost as fast as a vulture droid. It will most likely be the factions advanced fighter even if that is lower in spec in comparison to other factions. The stats may be a little off of course; it might only have 2 greens, or 3 hull etc, but I think it'll still fulfill that role. CIS faction identity looks to be swarms to the extreme, so it should be a little weaker but a little cheaper too.

I doubt it'll get a device slot. The Belbullab-24 was the bomber model, and the Hyena droid will most likely be the bomber of the faction. I could see Cad Bane's Xanadu Blood having device slot, but neither the stock Belbullab nor Grievous' Soulless One had any devices of note.

4 hours ago, BVRCH said:

I think the suggestion of it being similar to a Defender or E-wing is probably on the money. As all other CIS starfighters were less bulky and seen in greater numbers. Its also going to carry Grievous, and with a main character like that as its ace, you'd imagine it'll be fairly strong.

Maybe a statline of 3/3/4/2 - @Redblock stated there is 2 shields in the pack so its safe to assume it has 2 shields. There could also be a 'Soulless One' title giving the base model a little more beef, similar to what they did with the Delta-7b config/title.

No ordnance though, maybe a cannon slot at a stretch. 

Good points about the only two shields. I'm going to change Stat-line guess to:

3/3/5/2

Though it could he only 2 Agi as well.

Something else to consider is this quote from Star Wars wiki:

In order to remain in touch with his forces while flying his fighter, a powerful but compact HoloNettransceiver was installed onboard, allowing Grievous to slice into legitimate and piratenetworks.[2] He also outfitted the Soulless One with a deflector shield, and had the entire hull coated in a thin layer of impervium, making the fighter impenetrable to all but the heaviest of enemy fire.

So maybe a Soulless One title where it loses the device slot and gains extra hull and coordinate?

And it was meant to be a "future warfare" advanced starfighter with the General's version being heavily customized.

1 hour ago, BVRCH said:

I don't think it'll be as strong as a Defender, but its considered a heavy fighter, the only one with shielding, and was almost as fast as a vulture droid. It will most likely be the factions advanced fighter even if that is lower in spec in comparison to other factions. The stats may be a little off of course; it might only have 2 greens, or 3 hull etc, but I think it'll still fulfill that role. CIS faction identity looks to be swarms to the extreme, so it should be a little weaker but a little cheaper too.

I doubt it'll get a device slot. The Belbullab-24 was the bomber model, and the Hyena droid will most likely be the bomber of the faction. I could see Cad Bane's Xanadu Blood having device slot, but neither the stock Belbullab nor Grievous' Soulless One had any devices of note.

That's why I think it will have a stat line similar to an X-wing, the prototypical heavy fighter, with Boost instead of Barrel Roll. Maybe a slightly faster dial. I admit my knowledge of the fighter is rather scarce, and my most distinct memory is using the bomber version from Battlefront which is why I went to the device slot.

Looking back at the image for the release there is no bomb tokens so I am probably wrong on the device slot. Maybe just torpedoes if anything.

1 hour ago, GILLIES291 said:

3/3/5/2

So maybe a Soulless One title where it loses the device slot and gains extra hull and coordinate?

And it was meant to be a "future warfare" advanced starfighter with the General's version being heavily customized.

I just would be really shocked if it had 3 agi and 6+ plus total health. So far the only ships to have that are the Defender, the E-wing and the Silencer, and the Belbullab just doesn't strike me at the caliber. That said I could completely see a powerful title card changing that dynamic for something like the Soulless One, or maybe a more general configuration option like they did with the Aethersprite (though again part of me feels like there would have been some hint in the image).

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Belbullab-22s don't carry any munitions.

Helpful references

Legends: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Belbullab-22_starfighter/Legends

Canon: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Belbullab-22_starfighter

Hmmm, mis-remembering. Thank you.

It does mean the ship will be short on slots, just a modification and probably a tactical relay, with a talent as appropiate.

5 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

Good points about the only two shields. I'm going to change Stat-line guess to:

3/3/5/2

Something else to consider is this quote from Star Wars wiki:

In order to remain in touch with his forces while flying his fighter, a powerful but compact HoloNettransceiver was installed onboard, allowing Grievous to slice into legitimate and piratenetworks.[2] He also outfitted the Soulless One with a deflector shield, and had the entire hull coated in a thin layer of impervium, making the fighter impenetrable to all but the heaviest of enemy fire.

Hmm, it implies that the basic Bllubuublb doesn't have a shield.
The Tactical Relay upgrade covers the HoloNet transceiver I think.

3 hours ago, eMeM said:

Hmm, it implies that the basic Bllubuublb doesn't have a shield.
The Tactical Relay upgrade covers the HoloNet transceiver I think.

Could have no shields and something like 5/6 hull and the Soulless One adds the two shields? Will be interesting either way!

15 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

That's why I think it will have a stat line similar to an X-wing, the prototypical heavy fighter, with Boost instead of Barrel Roll. Maybe a slightly faster dial. I admit my knowledge of the fighter is rather scarce, and my most distinct memory is using the bomber version from Battlefront which is why I went to the device slot.

Looking back at the image for the release there is no bomb tokens so I am probably wrong on the device slot. Maybe just torpedoes if anything.

An X-wing isn't a heavy fighter though. I think that's where a lot of us are getting the heavier hull values from. Heavy fighters are the likes of the Kimogila, B-wing, TIE/sf, and Defender. The majority of those have low agility values which makes me swing towards 2 agility for the Belbullab, but it was quite fast and very manoeuvrable with its lateral thrusters and big ion engines. The agility could go either way in my opinion. We can see from the spoiler image it has a dial very similar to the TIE/x1. I would consider both boost and barrel roll for it, especially as Grievous is only i4 and not a force user.

15 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

I just would be really shocked if it had 3 agi and 6+ plus total health. So far the only ships to have that are the Defender, the E-wing and the Silencer, and the Belbullab just doesn't strike me at the caliber. That said I could completely see a powerful title card changing that dynamic for something like the Soulless One, or maybe a more general configuration option like they did with the Aethersprite (though again part of me feels like there would have been some hint in the image).

I get your sentiment, but neither the E-wing, nor the TIE/x1 (both have 3 agility and 5/6HP) hang around very long when shot at. The defender is on another level due to its defensive action combination, and like I said I do not see the Belbullab being that strong (or costly) at all. I certainly don't see the Belbullab getting an evade action.

I do think the Soulless One title/config, should it exist, will likely beef up the base model to quite a hefty fighter. Whether that means the base model is a little weaker and Grievous' version is the only beefy incarnation we'll have to wait and see. I like the suggestion @GILLIES291 made for the title of coordinate and +1 hull. That's probably the most accurate game adaptation of his modifications.

2 hours ago, BVRCH said:

An X-wing isn't a heavy fighter though. I think that's where a lot of us are getting the heavier hull values from. Heavy fighters are the likes of the Kimogila, B-wing, TIE/sf, and Defender. The majority of those have low agility values which makes me swing towards 2 agility for the Belbullab, but it was quite fast and very manoeuvrable with its lateral thrusters and big ion engines. The agility could go either way in my opinion. We can see from the spoiler image it has a dial very similar to the TIE/x1. I would consider both boost and barrel roll for it, especially as Grievous is only i4 and not a force user.

This may be a terminology thing. I think of the Belbullab in the same class as the X-wing. If you were to call the Kimogila and ARC-170 heavy fighters, then I guess that would make the X-wing a medium fighter which is where I think the Belbullab will fall. I think we both agree on Boost, I could go either way on the Barrel Roll, Focus/Calulate is certain, do you think it has Target Lock with no ordinance?

9 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

Could have no shields and something like 5/6 hull and the Soulless One adds the two shields? Will be interesting either way!

I think this may end up right on the money, base stats of 3 Attack, 2 Agility, 5 Hull, 0 Shields close to a Kihraxz stat wise with the Soulless One title adding 2 shields and something else (either an ability or slot).

Attached below is a little table I was able to throw together (by querying the JSON data on: http://xhud.sirjorj.com/xwing.cgi/ships2) of ships sorted by agility and total health to give a comparison of different setups. It's interesting no ship with 2 Agility and 2+ Shields has more than 4 Hull and no ship with 3 Agility and 2+ Shields has more than 3 hull.

image.thumb.png.b98f2fa697a4f4ea42fd6f58c9d9745a.png

5 minutes ago, GeneralVryth said:

I think this may end up right on the money, base stats of 3 Attack, 2 Agility, 5 Hull, 0 Shields close to a Kihraxz stat wise with the Soulless One title adding 2 shields and something else

So a faster quad jumper without the tractor and 1 more red die... If the article is anything to go by, these are supposed to be the squadron's link to the central tactical system and that stat line is just screaming for a crit chain burn down. Kick the shields for the base chassis up by one and I think you might be where they'll have it (unless it is H4, S2). I don't expect these to be cheap either due to their role, mid to high 50s.

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

So a faster quad jumper without the tractor and 1 more red die... If the article is anything to go by, these are supposed to be the squadron's link to the central tactical system and that stat line is just screaming for a crit chain burn down. Kick the shields for the base chassis up by one and I think you might be where they'll have it (unless it is H4, S2). I don't expect these to be cheap either due to their role, mid to high 50s.

I agree it would be more natural to have shields on the base ship. But looking at the articles on the ship there is no mention of shields and the Soulless One is explicitly called out as having them retrofitted on to the ship.

I really don't know. The balance between the Hull, Shields, and Title is going to be interesting. I look forward to seeing how close the various ideas here were.

19 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

This may be a terminology thing. I think of the Belbullab in the same class as the X-wing. If you were to call the Kimogila and ARC-170 heavy fighters, then I guess that would make the X-wing a medium fighter which is where I think the Belbullab will fall. I think we both agree on Boost, I could go either way on the Barrel Roll, Focus/Calulate is certain, do you think it has Target Lock with no ordinance?

I get what you mean, but the Belbullab is classified as a Heavy Assault Fighter; which in terms of real world aviation tech, is synonymous with big bad guns and enough meat on its bones to survive long enough for those guns to wreak havoc. That's probably why people are swaying to slightly more HP and I think that assumption has merit.

I'm not saying yours doesn't have merit either, and I agree with some what you've suggested i.e. 2 agility etc. I do however, honestly think it'll be closer to an E-wing in purpose than an X-wing. By that I mean to say it'll have some big guns, get in your face, and then be both squirrelly and beefy enough to get itself out of trouble on the other side. That's actually a good representation of how Grievous was on the battlefield, and Grievous chose it as his starfighter so I think its pretty fair to assume it was a pretty scary ship.

Edited by BVRCH

53 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

I get what you mean, but the Belbullab is classified as a Heavy Assault Fighter; which in terms of real world aviation tech, is synonymous with big bad guns and enough meat on its bones to survive long enough for those guns to wreak havoc. That's probably why people are swaying to slightly more HP and I think that assumption has merit.

I'm not saying yours doesn't have merit either, and I agree with some what you've suggested i.e. 2 agility etc. I do however, honestly think it'll be closer to an E-wing in purpose than an X-wing. By that I mean to say it'll have some big guns, get in your face, and then both squirrelly and beefy enough to get itself out of trouble on the other side. That's actually a good representation of how Grievous was on the battlefield, and Grievous chose it as his starfighter so I think its pretty fair to assume it was a pretty scary ship.

Yeah no joke, Soulless One wasn't anything to mess with.

In Star Wars Galaxies, it was essentially statistically identical to the ETA-2.

one thing to keep in mind though is tech progression.. the same sort of thing that in 1.0 required an ARC to take a title to get 3 red dice instead of 2. While the Belbullab is a "heavy" fighter for the time, it is still fairly small and lightweight compared to the later tech ships like the X-wing.

12 minutes ago, mithril2098 said:

one thing to keep in mind though is tech progression.. the same sort of thing that in 1.0 required an ARC to take a title to get 3 red dice instead of 2. While the Belbullab is a "heavy" fighter for the time, it is still fairly small and lightweight compared to the later tech ships like the X-wing.

But it's 2018 and the USA are still using the A-10 which came out in 1977 as a heavy hitting and tanky aircraft. So 40 year old aircraft still holds up today, which is much more time than between the Clone Wars and the end of the ROTJ. 

Also it definitely does some barrel rolls in the show/game so could have that. 

I'm very curious to see where they go with this fighter.

9 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

But it's 2018 and the USA are still using the A-10 which came out in 1977 as a heavy hitting and tanky aircraft. So 40 year old aircraft still holds up today, which is much more time than between the Clone Wars and the end of the ROTJ. 

Also it definitely does some barrel rolls in the show/game so could have that. 

I'm very curious to see where they go with this fighter.

I think the A-10 is a little more than 40 years old.