Sign in to follow this  
Ginkapo

Something BIG

Forgive me, I haven't played for several waves, and am woefully out of date regarding current abilities, but a couple things caught my eye and I am curious. Does the current rules have anything along the lines of "Task Forces?" Where two or more ships (say, for example, combined into a task force by a commander who can combine up to a certain point value of resources) act together on that players turn?
Allowing a player to combine smaller ships into a "single" unit could go a long way to changing the dynamics of the game, and if done right wouldn't necessarily unbalance it.
Just some thoughts.

52 minutes ago, Arowmund said:

Forgive me, I haven't played for several waves, and am woefully out of date regarding current abilities, but a couple things caught my eye and I am curious. Does the current rules have anything along the lines of "Task Forces?" Where two or more ships (say, for example, combined into a task force by a commander who can combine up to a certain point value of resources) act together on that players turn?
Allowing a player to combine smaller ships into a "single" unit could go a long way to changing the dynamics of the game, and if done right wouldn't necessarily unbalance it.
Just some thoughts.

Task forces in armada are title cards for ships that can perform certain actions when in close proximity of another task force ship. Hammerheads are the only currently available expansion with them.

swm27-task-force-organa.png  swm27-task-force-antilles.png

52 minutes ago, Arowmund said:

Just some thoughts.

There are Task Forces, but they don't work exactly that way.

The Hammerhead has Task force Antilles, which allows you to exhaust the title on a nearby Hammerhead and take a point of damage on it instead of the target hammerhead when attacked.  The trade off being when your title is exhausted, you can't repair.

Task Force Organa allows a nearby Hammerhead to exhaust its title to allow you to reroll up to two dice...  But the cost of having your card exhausted is you can't attack ships.

On 8/26/2017 at 10:32 AM, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

FFG may have been trying to make us think Wave VII was the something big, but I am of the opinion that Wave VII is misdirection for this something big.

Anything big enough to make Thrawn count as a misdirection would probably be big enough for them to delay a bit. They need to stagger releases a bit so we have time to restore our Armada budgets, unless they intend to release the "something big" right the **** now, with no previews. The SSD seems like the only thing that could qualify, since it would be bigger (literally and maybe figuratively) than Thrawn and those who don't want Epic Armada would just see wave seven as the vaguely mentioned big thing instead. 

3 hours ago, Hockeyzombie said:

Anything big enough to make Thrawn count as a misdirection would probably be big enough for them to delay a bit. They need to stagger releases a bit so we have time to restore our Armada budgets, unless they intend to release the "something big" right the **** now, with no previews. The SSD seems like the only thing that could qualify, since it would be bigger (literally and maybe figuratively) than Thrawn and those who don't want Epic Armada would just see wave seven as the vaguely mentioned big thing instead. 

True. It might actually make sense for them to release Wave VII and the epic simultaneously because not all the people here want epic ships. They could just buy Wave VII and be happy, but those who want epic can buy it.

Hi all,

Can I say...way too much awesomeness over the past week or so...first: GUNBOAT!!!!

Then...THRAWN!!!!! Chimera!!!!!

...someone call me a doctor...my head's been spinning non-stop!

Something Big...well...

We are still missing Admiral Piet, the Emperor himself and...the venerable Executor SSD...

I don't know what to think anymore...

Oarsum, just oarsum. :D:D:D