Sign in to follow this  
Ginkapo

Something BIG

So who is disappointed that there is no Super Star Destroyer? 

Well have no fear, that was not what FFG were referring to with "something big". 

They were referring to something bigger, something better, something more exciting and something bigger.

My return! 

I am back guys. 

:)

Edited by Ginkapo

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

So who is disappointed that there is no Super Star Destroyer? 

Well have no fear, that was not what FFG were referring to with "something big". 

They were referring to something bigger, something better, something more exciting and something bigger.

My return! 

I am back guys. 

:)

Welcome back Gink

I wouldn't say disappointed. What we got was a pair of highly anticipated and sought-after packs, in the Raddus/MC75 combo, and the Thrawn/Chimaera combo. The ISD had lots of added, welcome surprises like the retrorfit cards (and the fact that there are three of each...), the squadrons, and boarding Vader, and we have yet to even see what goodness comes with the MC75.

I think, considering how much desire there was to see both Thrawn and Raddus in the game, their announcement as strong, well priced, really well thought out cards is big enough news itself. I'll take that over a 4ft ship model announcement, honestly.

1 minute ago, ISD Avenger said:

Not sure a repainted existing model really contributes to the 'something big'  announcement.

Assuming that was the something they were referring to.

No, but the release of what is arguably the most popular Character on one side of the Star Wars Franchise is, when you think in corporate thought patterns.

Just like the Assault Gunboat was for X-Wing, Thrawn is something 'big' for Armada that way.

4 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Nope.

SWM20, SSD is still coming. Now what will SWM28 be on the Rebel side? That is the fun speculation topic.

My guess is, ssd was prepped and ready for swm20 but the mouse intervened and said wait for them to come up with a proper nadiri Starhawk design so rebs can go epic at the same time. And earn them more money

1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

A FAQ, a ******* FAQ!!

That's just crazy talk! There hasn't been nearly enough complaining or begging for a FAQ to just suddenly appear as if Admiral Raddus summoned one from hyperspace. 

Per the RAI, a FAQ must be preceded by no less than 6 (x) is OP threads, and followed by no less than 3 rage quits.

11 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

I'm just curious about how they "worked" on you @Ginkapo?

Upgraded, retrofitted or just started from scratch?

It is so good to have you back.  I was actually really worried you big furry oaf. :)

They tweaked his profanity filter. The next time he tells me to "piss off" it will say "You're the best man. I really appreciate your fleet builds. Keep up the good work."

Really if they just released a Admiral Piett commander card I think people would decide they weren't doing the SSD expansion. Then again it would be really cool to see an officer card like:

Captain Piett

Discard this card and the Commander card attached to this ship, then attach the Commander card Admiral Piett to this ship. 

^ If they did this, it'd have to be a double sided card. Something about that screams double sided. I don't know why, but it just feels like it'd be immeasurably satisfying.

47 minutes ago, Sharego said:

New core and armada size playmat

I doubt they'll do a new core. The original core is still relevant enough to not warrant it. X-wing only got a new core as a combination of the ships in the original being more or less completely pushed from the game, and a movie tie in making it possible.
The playmat I'd be shocked by, considering they'd be making a very niche mat for just one game, instead of continuing to suggest using a pair of X-wing mat. As a sales point or a stock investment point, it doesn't make sense. That said, it'd be a welcome product for many.

1 hour ago, NakedDex said:

^ If they did this, it'd have to be a double sided card. Something about that screams double sided. I don't know why, but it just feels like it'd be immeasurably satisfying.

A double card would be fine too. I think it would be decently fair as all it really does is give immense freedom to change your plan up mid game though notably at the cost of giving 20 - 40 points to your opponent for free. Might be a bit cheap on some though like Thrawn, using him for the three dials and then knocking him off to let Piett carry you for the rest of the match.