Scuro

I'm not unexcited but...

4 posts in this topic

Me personally, I think I would have preferred an actual Game of Thrones themed Catan, with combat rules and the players take the roles of the great houses and Brotherhood of the Watch could have been an expansion or something, but the idea of just playing as the Night's Watch as is the case with this specific game, isn't really that appealing to me.

But I do hope  this might just be the start of a new line of Game of Thrones: Catan series, I doubt it, but here's hoping.

Wow, the excitement about this game is underwhelming, to judge based on forum posts alone.

@Scuro, that sounds rather close to the Game of Thrones board game FFG already produces, so I doubt that'll happen.

I, for one, welcome our new Catan Commanders. (Albeit with less than fanboyish overreaction.)

The new preview article also seems underwhelming. I've tried to explain to friends that it's more than a skin on Catan, but less than a full-blown alternate game. Let's hope it doesn't stagnate in the middle.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:56 PM, WarriorPoet said:

Wow, the excitement about this game is underwhelming, to judge based on forum posts alone.

@Scuro, that sounds rather close to the Game of Thrones board game FFG already produces, so I doubt that'll happen.

I, for one, welcome our new Catan Commanders. (Albeit with less than fanboyish overreaction.)

The new preview article also seems underwhelming. I've tried to explain to friends that it's more than a skin on Catan, but less than a full-blown alternate game. Let's hope it doesn't stagnate in the middle.

I think it could work, you'd have the GoT board game for those you want a purist "War of the Five Kings" experience and Catan: GoT could stay as that entry level gateway game but with a little something that regular Catan is missing.

I'm actually imagining it being like a Big Box edition of Catan, with the expansions already integrated and themed around GoT, throw in some custom great house pieces for each player and boom...no more Chinese laundry.