Sign in to follow this  
NeonKnight

So Vader Boarding Now! Glee

2 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Heh better tell @Caldias that. I've seen Admo face down Ackbar80s and ISDs and pulling Projector Misaligned. Then Admo giggles and flies away. I'm not saying it's without risk, but I've seen it happen a lot.

You must know a lot about MC30's.

:)

8 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Go Ahead!  Have your Vader-Esque Boarding Nonsense!

I WILL NOT DEPLOY SHIPS UNTIL THE VERY END TO WASTE YOUR TIME!

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA!

You fool didn't notice about the experimental retrofit facedown card which I magically can read:

after deploying fleets place a experimental **** token whenever you want. At the start of any round you may discard that card. If you do all set aside ships must deploy at distance 1 of that token. 

BWHAHAHAHA!!

:P

So worthy targets for Vader?

I'm thinking

-Targetting scramblers

- Avenger title

- ECMs

- Admiral Chirpy or Adar Tallon

- Demolisher title

- Gallant haven title

- Toryn Far

Anything else that would justify the investment in getting him into position?

8 minutes ago, Ophion said:

So worthy targets for Vader?

I'm thinking

-Targetting scramblers

- Avenger title

- ECMs

- Admiral Chirpy or Adar Tallon

- Demolisher title

- Gallant haven title

- Toryn Far

Anything else that would justify the investment in getting him into position?

Yavaris title

Intel officer 

Command fleet

Nasty Crits 

Boarding troopers 

Admo 

Yularen 

Boosted coms 

Anything that had a main purpose in a fleet so it will depend on the fleet but, definitely:

Rapid Launch Bays  while is still unused. 

I would add Profundity but only if your opponent is, well, the most stupid guy round.

Vader seems like a pressure release valve kind of card.  When the meta is running a lot of key upgrades, it'll see play to take them out.  See above post for common upgrades people would want to target.

When the meta shifts toward multiple, more general ships, it'll see less play.  This card is very close to the same as an X-wing upgrade (Boba Fett) in design and that seems to see play equal to what the meta is showing as the winning lists.

15 hours ago, Undeadguy said:

Heh better tell @Caldias that. I've seen Admo face down Ackbar80s and ISDs and pulling Projector Misaligned. Then Admo giggles and flies away. I'm not saying it's without risk, but I've seen it happen a lot.

And I've one shot admos with ISDs, admo is afraid of big volleys, thats about it.

3 minutes ago, TheToad said:

I'm trying to picture how Vader removes a title from a ship... does he just role on up, bust a bottle of champagne on the bow, and say "I christen thee the HMS Doody Pants"?

or he just trashes the command boards and writes "Vader Rules" on the wall of the bridge

Not sure how I feel about this. Boba Fett  was one of the reasons we stopped playing x-wing. 

It's one thing to out play your opponent. It's another entirely to just remove the cards they purchased for their fleet.

I hope this isn't the start of a slippery slope.

4 minutes ago, Democratus said:

Not sure how I feel about this. Boba Fett  was one of the reasons we stopped playing x-wing. 

It's one thing to out play your opponent. It's another entirely to just remove the cards they purchased for their fleet.

I hope this isn't the start of a slippery slope.

I don't know about x-wing but here we have an unique one use card.

And vanilla ISDs are still a thing :D

Im gonna wildly speculate here and say that one of the unspoiled Reb characters will be in a similar vein to Vader to balance life out - maybe Jyn Urso stealing command tokens (maybe even a dial? :lol:) or similar. Not quite as fun as imagining Vader chasing down Adar Tallon etc, but still...

29 minutes ago, TheToad said:

I'm trying to picture how Vader removes a title from a ship... does he just role on up, bust a bottle of champagne on the bow, and say "I christen thee the HMS Doody Pants"?

What makes Demolisher be Demolisher? The name or the crew?

3 hours ago, TheToad said:

Exits the air lock, floats over to the place the name is written, scratches it off with his light saber.

Alternatively clips yavaris' antennae.

11 minutes ago, Darthain said:

Exits the air lock, floats over to the place the name is written, scratches it off with his light saber.

Alternatively clips yavaris' antennae.

That's Warlord you're thinking of.

Yavaris he just shaves the support peg so it can't fly straight.

Could someone better at the game than me(anyone really) tell me how Darth Vader's cost compares to Cham Syndulla's?

He is 2 points cheaper and his ability seems much more 'plug and play' than Cham's. He also fits on more ships. Are the costs out of sync with each other or am I misunderstanding?