Sign in to follow this  
Ardaedhel

OH SNAP The ISD-K is a Fire Control Team Platform

2 minutes ago, Xeletor said:

But then you need to roll a blue AND a black crit. Not super useful but still fun. Rather wait for a good non colored crit on some turbolaser. 

With a Screed you can guarantee that blue, then just some extra fire with blacks and try to get at least one crit and you're through!

1 minute ago, Ardaedhel said:

It gives you the option of a crit-based ordnance upgrade plus LS with any admiral, OR ACM/APT + ICB with Vader or Screed.  You're also rolling enough dice that it's not inconceivable to just go for natural rolls with Thrawn-granted CFs.

Oh yea Screed still exists...

1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

I'm trying to decide on which ones, to be honest...  

Ion Cannon Battery + ACM deletes 3 Shields before you even calculate damage, but ****...

Yeah, that's what I'd probably go for.  Not too expensive... what, 128 points for ISD-K, ACM, ICB, FCT?  129?  I don't even know how much FCT costs...

Just now, Ardaedhel said:

Yeah, that's what I'd probably go for.  Not too expensive... what, 128 points for ISD-K, ACM, ICB, FCT?  129?  I don't even know how much FCT costs...

2? Lemme check.

Edited by ianediger
Double ninja'd

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I'm still too sold on the Cymoon 1.

But, basically...  I was a massive fan of the Fleet Command on Rebels, and now, Imperials get it?

Imperials hold the balance in my mind until such time as I can start thinking up Rebel Experiemental Retrofit Shenanigans

1 Cymoon deployed in center with the Chimaera paint job and fleet command,with two ISD-K, one on each side with the normal design, it's all about placing the fear on the enemy...

23 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I'm still too sold on the Cymoon 1.

But, basically...  I was a massive fan of the Fleet Command on Rebels, and now, Imperials get it?

Imperials hold the balance in my mind until such time as I can start thinking up Rebel Experiemental Retrofit Shenanigans

Rebels have it on the shittiest ship though. That ISD is sexy as ****!

40 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I'm trying to decide on which ones, to be honest...  

Ion Cannon Battery + ACM deletes 3 Shields before you even calculate damage, but ****...

Issue here is you're nuking three different shield faces. Only things that helps against are AP and Foresight. 

1 minute ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Issue here is you're nuking three different shield faces. Only things that helps against are AP and Foresight. 

And, consequently, redirect tokens and supplying assistance to follow-up shots.

...  I have problems where I never seem to be able to kill things without stripping them of all of their shields.

So you know what.  FINE THEN.  I'll strip 'em quicker.

Edited by Drasnighta

9 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

And, consequently, redirect tokens and supplying assistance to follow-up shots.

...  I have problems where I never seem to be able to kill things without stripping them of all of their shields.

So you know what.  FINE THEN.  I'll strip 'em quicker.

My own ships regularly die with shields still up in various and sundry places, at least a few points worth, so I always focus on nuking through a particular arc. If that's your playstyle, all the more power to you.

Just now, GiledPallaeon said:

My own ships regularly die with shields still up in various and sundry places, at least a few points worth, so I always focus on nuking through a particular arc. If that's your playstyle, all the more power to you.

I mean, so far, my only successes with Fire Control has been the XI7+XX9+ICB Liberty, doing exactly that....  (Drill Baby, Drill...)

But there's a bunch there that might get use now, in the Ion Cnanon Slot, since you're able to pair 'em up with APTs or something

1 hour ago, Visovics said:

1 Cymoon deployed in center with the Chimaera paint job and fleet command,with two ISD-K, one on each side with the normal design, it's all about placing the fear on the enemy...

My exact thinking, and I'm painting that drake red to match my squadron.

I really don't think the Kuat Refits are worth 112 points. It loses 2 points of Squadron, swaps an offensive retro for a defensive one and swaps turbolasers for a Missile slot. Is that worth MORE points than the ISD1? I'm not really sure it is.

Don't get me wrong it's still an ISD, but, for 112points I can take an ISD1 and give it Minister Tua. I now have 2 Offensive and 1 Defensive retro slot. Oh and 4 Squadron points if I'm running a mini-Rhymerball or something and he happens to be nearby.

The Cymoon on the other hand. The Forum filter wont let me use the words I want to say about how good for it's points that is. Double Turbolasers? Fleet Command!? All I'm losing over the ISD2 is a point of Squadron and a single attack dice!?

That ship is an amazing Flagship and I am deeply deeply concerned for my wallet in this upcoming winter period.

Edited by Mward1984