Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
xero989

I'm excited about throne but did anybody notice there might be another face down Commander?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Coldhands said:

Or: make him the first special character with two price options: the cheaper is an officer upgrade, the more expensive is an admiral. As officer, affects the ship he is equiped to, as admiral the whole fleet.

Going to take a whole new design for a card facing to do that.

and Card backing to do that.

and its just not reflected on what we can see already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Going to take a whole new design for a card facing to do that.

and Card backing to do that.

and its just not reflected on what we can see already.

I know what you mean, and I know it won't happen this wave. But trust me, FFG reads the forums, and if they encounter with good ideas, they make it happen(or high demand[looking at Assault gunboat]). Maybe its just coincidence, but many discussed ideas appeared actual produtcs. Like, people wanted something anti-squadronish upgrade, we got flechette. We were discussing AA batteries and the best-balanced options, and single red AA appeared. So, who knows? I think it would be an interesting option to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coldhands said:

I know what you mean, and I know it won't happen this wave. But trust me, FFG reads the forums, and if they encounter with good ideas, they make it happen(or high demand[looking at Assault gunboat]). Maybe its just coincidence, but many discussed ideas appeared actual produtcs. Like, people wanted something anti-squadronish upgrade, we got flechette. We were discussing AA batteries and the best-balanced options, and single red AA appeared. So, who knows? I think it would be an interesting option to have.

On that note, I think I'll just manually post a signature after every post.

____________

#teamvenator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ElSee said:

We already have Leia, which is basically what you've described. Yes they were released several waves apart but similar to your suggestion.

What I mean is to have the same effect. Lets say Motti as officer gives your ISD 3 hull, as Admiral gives hull to everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coldhands said:

I know what you mean, and I know it won't happen this wave. But trust me, FFG reads the forums, and if they encounter with good ideas, they make it happen(or high demand[looking at Assault gunboat]). Maybe its just coincidence, but many discussed ideas appeared actual produtcs. Like, people wanted something anti-squadronish upgrade, we got flechette. We were discussing AA batteries and the best-balanced options, and single red AA appeared. So, who knows? I think it would be an interesting option to have.

Generally speaking though, they don't repeat specifics.   They may reproduce concepts, but they have to be able to show  that they own the idea.  If someone puts a specific idea up and its unsolicited, FFG cannot and will not repeat it for legal reasons - you could theoretically push a claim that it was your idea.

 

This is why FFG does not accept unsolicted games design information as part of their customer feedback policy. :)

Edited by Drasnighta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leia does similar-ish things to do with command tokens. The problem you get with outright giving an admiral's effect to a single ship is balancing vs costing. Motti on a single ISD plus my choice of an admiral? Yes please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ElSee said:

Leia does similar-ish things to do with command tokens. The problem you get with outright giving an admiral's effect to a single ship is balancing vs costing. Motti on a single ISD plus my choice of an admiral? Yes please!

Quite obviously you wouldnt be able to use 2 of this 'future' officer-admiral, as it gets that dot thingie before its name, and you cannot use 2 copies of such cards...

Motti was just an "example"

Edited by Coldhands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I know what you mean. I didn't mean 2x Motti.

I meant if you used Motti as an officer on an ISD and Jerjerrod for example. Or vice versa. The point I was making is that admiral abilities are, by their nature, over powered. Hence their cost.

Leia was just an example of how a character can exist as both admiral and officer, changing her ability slightly but still remaining similar and not being OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

I'd guess it's Krennic

I don't think so. There's an obvious overall theme of the two expansions, with the MC75 being the Rogue One one, and the Chimera being the Rebels one. Thus, it seems unlikely that they would include an officer within the Chimera pack that is not of the Rebels theme, just as it is equally unlikely that they'd include anything in the MC75 pack that isn't Rogue One themed.

As such, it could be a repackaging of a character that appeared in Rebels (Vader or Tarkin), a new commander based on somebody from Rebels (no idea - any suggestions?), a mistake in the article (wouldn't be a first), or an icon that was misinterpreted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I don't think so. There's an obvious overall theme of the two expansions, with the MC75 being the Rogue One one, and the Chimera being the Rebels one. Thus, it seems unlikely that they would include an officer within the Chimera pack that is not of the Rebels theme, just as it is equally unlikely that they'd include anything in the MC75 pack that isn't Rogue One themed.

As such, it could be a repackaging of a character that appeared in Rebels (Vader or Tarkin), a new commander based on somebody from Rebels (no idea - any suggestions?), a mistake in the article (wouldn't be a first), or an icon that was misinterpreted.

Fair point, but we also get Darth Vader as a boarding party and that is straight outta Rogue one - so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.   Krennic wouldn't really fit on any OTHER ship IMO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

 If you count up all of the other upgrade cards EXCLUDING the face down one you come to 17.

Yep. And according to the Article there are 18 upgrade cards in the expansion pack.

Quote

In addition to the new Grand Admiral Thrawn commander card, the Chimaera Expansion Pack introduces... seventeen other upgrade cards.

Now the article could be wrong, but that would mean both the article and image are wrong - more likely both are right.

The images are going to be made carefully. With each card someone will decide whether to show it all, to show only some of it, to show just the back, or to show nothing. Someone at FFG decided to include that Commander upgrade in the "show the back only" category (unlike the one behind it, which is in the "show nothing" one). It's probably not a mistake, it's probably just FFG messing with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buckero0 said:

So there is a new fleet command but it doesn't include all the old ones?

All?  No.  I mean, Entrapment Formation! is clearly shown.  

I figure it'll be the same as teh Fleet Support upgrades...  Where there was 1 unique to each side, but the majority transferred over (Repair Crews to Rebels, Slicer Tools to Imperials)

Edited by Drasnighta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2017 at 4:36 AM, bleezy said:

Please no FFG! Don't give up on the Executor!

Heh heh heh...don't give up!!!! Remember it took the Gunboat 3 YEARS to succeed!

...Both Admiral Piett and the Emperor himself are sorely absent...

As is SWM 20... ;)

On 8/26/2017 at 5:30 AM, Drasnighta said:

JJ stated it as so, as the Worlds 2016 Winner himself.

 

*The fact that Thrawn was his designed card.  I can't verify anything else for you.

Man...have to say, JJ, congratulations! That is like the highest honour FFG can bestow upon you. To have 'creative' say in how Thrawn will influence/play in Armada. Not sure if anyone's said it yet but: Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...