Sign in to follow this  
xero989

I'm excited about throne but did anybody notice there might be another face down Commander?

Interesting side note in the Chimera expansion picture it looks like there's another face down Commander.. there is a fleet command called intensify forward Firepower I'm assuming, in the expansion could this be Admiral piett?  Thoughts?

swm29_spread.png

10 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

Well the article says 17 and the picture shows 18. I think a second commander will not be included. 

in the 18 shown we see a duplicate, also why else would they put a facedown commander card?

1 minute ago, Visovics said:

in the 18 shown we see a duplicate, also why else would they put a facedown commander card?

They made a mistake somewhere. Either we'll get eighteen cards or there is an extra in the picture.

My pick for the extra would be the facedown commander card. Have there ever been two commanders in an expansion pack? They're also giving us Thrawn who is pretty much a top five EU character. They're going to throw in some second stringer with him? 

Just my guess is all. :)

In addition to the new Grand Admiral Thrawn commander card, the Chimaera Expansion Pack introduces... seventeen other upgrade cards.

It's Thrawn plus 17 upgrade cards:

• 2 Commanders,
  • 2 Defensive Retrofits,
  • 3 Fleet Commands,
  • 4 Officers,
  • 4 titles (assuming those two at the back are non-unique titles),
  • 1 Weapons Team & Offensive Retrofit
  • 2 Mystery cards

20 minutes ago, mintek917 said:

Gotta remember that Thrawn is a special commander card, since it was specifically made by the winner of worlds 2016. The other admiral is probably the one FFG designed themselves.

Source? :o

1 hour ago, xero989 said:

I was using my phone when posting this and I wasn't careful enough and my auto-correct put Thrawn as throne sorry

Also, if you ever get back to a computer, you can edit titles.

If you're interested in an attempted cover up ;)

18 hours ago, mintek917 said:

Gotta remember that Thrawn is a special commander card, since it was specifically made by the winner of worlds 2016. The other admiral is probably the one FFG designed themselves.

X-wing has been doing the champion-designed cards for a long time now, and not once was the card included beside an FFG in-house alternative. These cards aren't just thrown together, they're designed in conference with FFG designers, and put through the same playtesting as any other card.

4 minutes ago, Thrindal said:

What if the second Commander is Vader so that FFG doesn't need to keep 2 ISD in production?

The rest of the cards in the ISD pack are different to what's shown here. They'd need to keep it in the line up for that reason, if nothing else. Besides, it's the same mold, just a different paint job. Keeping both in production is very inexpensive for them. They're literally already tooled into both for everything from ship mold to packaging. All they're doing is changing the box graphic and the model's paint treatment.

56 minutes ago, Replicant253 said:

If it is Piett then that finishes off any realistic chance of the SSD coming out.  His current omission is the biggest   persuasive argument that FFG are at least considering it. 

Palpatine? You know, putting Palpatine on the most expansive expansion just make sense money wise lol.

Admiral Gord: Summon a death star to the field with Tarkin equipped to it, destroy your own base to stop the enemies, you may deploy an ISD 1 with Vader bording action next to the enemy flagship and change the enemy's ship speed to 0

42 points

14 minutes ago, gokubb said:

Palleon would be nice. But, that's just wishful thinking that FFG would dip back into the good Legends stuff.

I'd rather have him as a Crew upgrade, first.  And then as a stand alone admiral later.

Because, I mean...  Thrawn and Palleon on the Chimera...  Without that, it feels like you've missed something - connected some of the dots, but not all of them.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

I'd rather have him as a Crew upgrade, first.  And then as a stand alone admiral later.

Because, I mean...  Thrawn and Palleon on the Chimera...  Without that, it feels like you've missed something - connected some of the dots, but not all of them.

Or: make him the first special character with two price options: the cheaper is an officer upgrade, the more expensive is an admiral. As officer, affects the ship he is equiped to, as admiral the whole fleet.