kmanweiss

Anyone else worried about the fighters included with Chimaera?

Rebel Gauntlets led by Sabine or Ursa Wren? I can dig it. If they did, they'd be the first cross-faction Armada ships, and I don't think they'd do it with squadrons before they'd do it with capital ships.

Do want more Mando content though. I'm hoping/praying we'll see a Crusader corvette at some point, but that's just a pipe dream. I'll cave in at some point and get a Mel's Miniatures Crusader to scratch that particular itch.

40 minutes ago, Gadgetron said:

The rebels are backed by mandalorians too.  Why wouldn't the rebels get their own set with their own uniques and generics?

Now I am not really up on the fluff but I thought that Ketsu Onyo was Mandalorian? Is the Lancer?

I'm confused why they aren't on a 3 to a base fighter platform instead of a single larger ship squadron base. They aren't that big in Rebels and are listed as silhouette 3 in the "No Disintegrations" source book. I know a lot of people don't care, but one of my biggest pet peeves of Fantasy Flight is how their games can't even seem to stay compatible with their own source material. 

59 minutes ago, CDAT said:

Now I am not really up on the fluff but I thought that Ketsu Onyo was Mandalorian? Is the Lancer?

She is Mandalorian, though she's a Black Sun mercenary who aligns to the rebels.  The lancer (hers is called the Shadow Caster) is actually Black Sun technology.  The Kom'rk is mandalorian, though the article refers to it as the Gauntlet.  The Gauntlet is actually the name of Pre Vizsla's personal ship which I assume was handed down to the pro imperial Mandalorians, hence the inclusion here.  The rebels and Sabines Mandalorian faction have their own collection of those same ships, in fact, they currently possess Darth Mauls former Kom'rk Nightbrother.

Next season of rebels is going to heavily focus on the Mandalorian Civil War, this is Sabines clan and other allied clans rising up against the Empire and its loyalist clans.  This means that because Mandalorians share a significant amount of tech, ships, and infantry designs, so are what we get from them in Armada and other FFG games.

Edited by Gadgetron

The Gauntlet can take something like 25 troops, that's a sizable ship, far larger than a fighter like an X-wing or an A-wing. Although to be fair, I think the original description of the Gauntlet/Komr'k-class ship was a fighter/transport.

49 minutes ago, kenngp said:

I'm confused why they aren't on a 3 to a base fighter platform instead of a single larger ship squadron base. They aren't that big in Rebels and are listed as silhouette 3 in the "No Disintegrations" source book. I know a lot of people don't care, but one of my biggest pet peeves of Fantasy Flight is how their games can't even seem to stay compatible with their own source material. 

They are not the smaller individual "Fang" fighters.

This is the larger Red Kom'rk Ship - the Gauntlet - Maul's Ship.  The one Ezra now owns, basically, and used to ferry the Mandalorian Commandos to the Interdictor in the Blockade Run breakout.

Its the Bigger one, almost the size of the Ghost.

6 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

They are not the smaller individual "Fang" fighters.

This is the larger Red Kom'rk Ship - the Gauntlet - Maul's Ship.  The one Ezra now owns, basically, and used to ferry the Mandalorian Commandos to the Interdictor in the Blockade Run breakout.

Its the Bigger one, almost the size of the Ghost.

I wouldn't say its almost the size of the Ghost, that thing is MASSIVE, its pushing the size of a Gozanti! The Kom'rk is closer to the Falcon.

(I only say this not for semantics, but that the Ghost is basically a flotilla ship.)

Edited by Gadgetron

Just now, Gadgetron said:

I wouldn't say its almost the size of the Ghost, that thing is MASSIVE, its pushing the size of a Gozanti! The Kom'rk is closer to the Falcon.

There are some who argue that the Ghost is bigger than the Falcon.

I mean, it is in X-Wings semi-unified 1/270 scale, essentially.

2 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

There are some who argue that the Ghost is bigger than the Falcon.

I mean, it is in X-Wings semi-unified 1/270 scale, essentially.

I'm one of those, the Ghost is WAY bigger than the falcon!

Though looking online, the Kom'rk is apparently far larger than I gave it credit for....  On screen when it's deploying Mandolorians, it seemed smaller... 

Edited by Gadgetron

On 8/25/2017 at 11:37 AM, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Well... ****.  Go-go reprint model money grab.

Really? It's the same price as the standard ISD. The squadrons are effectively free. And it gives you additional cardboard and ship cards to use on your existing ISDs. That's the opposite of a money grab.

8 hours ago, Ophion said:

To me it looks like a fighter ramming a big ship. So some sort of raiding ability I think.

I think this is a fair interpretation of the icon. If you look at all the others, there's a certain logic to them, and this does appear to be some kind of action on the side of a larger ship/squadron.

My guess is still some kind of boarding action.

Hate to be the one to point this out, and appreciate some aren't in this position, but can't the majority of us borrow things from time to time? Don't get me wrong, I love to own everything, but equally there comes a point of silliness. Buying two Chimeras for some squadrons is definitely silliness.

1 hour ago, ceejlekabeejle said:

Hate to be the one to point this out, and appreciate some aren't in this position, but can't the majority of us borrow things from time to time? Don't get me wrong, I love to own everything, but equally there comes a point of silliness. Buying two Chimeras for some squadrons is definitely silliness.

You can only borrow my Mandalorians if you are running triple ISD. 

2 hours ago, ceejlekabeejle said:

There's also the point that just because something is really good, it doesn't mean you have to run it if you don't have it. Half the fun of list building is working out what you can do with limited resources. Usually that's to do with points or upgrade slots, but simply missing a squadron or card you might need in the "super OP net build" is just as much a reason to come up with a clever workaround that you might not have thought of otherwise.

26 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

There's also the point that just because something is really good, it doesn't mean you have to run it if you don't have it. Half the fun of list building is working out what you can do with limited resources. Usually that's to do with points or upgrade slots, but simply missing a squadron or card you might need in the "super OP net build" is just as much a reason to come up with a clever workaround that you might not have thought of otherwise.

No, I'm the guy that lends stuff. I need enough to do everything. The only category I am currently failing, Flotillas. I currently only have 3 of each, and one of each are Mel's from before wave 3, using proxy cards from KDY. 

Not legal in tournaments, but at my home table, I do what I want!

Edited by cynanbloodbane

In fairness, I'm in the same group (in both this, and X-wing). I have enough of everything that my regular sparring partner for this game has now been playing as long as I have, and is a really good player, but doesn't own a single thing. He doesn't need to. He pops over of an evening, we break out my collection.

On 8/25/2017 at 8:45 AM, Drasnighta said:

As are everything from CC.

We can't tell at this point.  It, at the very least, is indicative of a Generic of sorts.  Including a Unique-Generic.

Genique!

7 hours ago, Truthiness said:

Really? It's the same price as the standard ISD. The squadrons are effectively free. And it gives you additional cardboard and ship cards to use on your existing ISDs. That's the opposite of a money grab.

The truth has spoken!