kmanweiss

Anyone else worried about the fighters included with Chimaera?

If those fighters are good, I'd hate to be limited to 2.  At the same time, I have no need to drop yet another $50 for another ISD (with most of us having 1 if not 2 or more already).

I hope this doesn't become common (2 U's in with the Profundity, or a single fighter with each small ship, or something like that) .  I hope these fighters aren't super powerful and efficient enough that I'd want more than 2 in my builds.

If they throw them into a fighter pack in the future, no harm no foul.  All the odd combinations and hiding useful ships or upgrades in epic ships in X-Wing always rubbed me the wrong way.  I hope Armada isn't moving in that direction.

1 minute ago, kmanweiss said:

If those fighters are good, I'd hate to be limited to 2.  At the same time, I have no need to drop yet another $50 for another ISD (with most of us having 1 if not 2 or more already).

I hope this doesn't become common (2 U's in with the Profundity, or a single fighter with each small ship, or something like that) .  I hope these fighters aren't super powerful and efficient enough that I'd want more than 2 in my builds.

If they throw them into a fighter pack in the future, no harm no foul.  All the odd combinations and hiding useful ships or upgrades in epic ships in X-Wing always rubbed me the wrong way.  I hope Armada isn't moving in that direction.

If Fang Fighters are part of a new Squadron pack later on....  I guarantee that Garl Saxon won't be the ace.

That'll remain the only way to get him.

2 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Before we complain, maybe we should see if they even have generic pilots?  Could be two unique pilots, since that Mando ship is pretty darn rare and elite in Rebels.

You can see the base in the back has a Ship Silhouette instead, indicative of a "Generic"

Just now, Drasnighta said:

As are everything from CC.

We can't tell at this point.  It, at the very least, is indicative of a Generic of sorts.  Including a Unique-Generic.

I think it is probably a generic version but I'm just pointing out that not all the unique squadrons have pictures of a unique pilot. 

Just now, Frimmel said:

I think it is probably a generic version but I'm just pointing out that not all the unique squadrons have pictures of a unique pilot. 

Which is a fair point. However, if it's a genique, that solves the bottleneck problem since you'll only ever be able to have two anyway.

9 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

Which is a fair point. However, if it's a genique, that solves the bottleneck problem since you'll only ever be able to have two anyway.

Good point. It would kind of make sense to do that. It would allow them to make those squadrons good without worrying that they'll push aside all the other options. 

4 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Those are probably gauntlet troop transports. 

Ah, yea these are the BIG "fang fighters" like the one Maul uses in Rebels.  I didn't realize they were troop transports.  That kind of bodes well for the MC-75 including two U-Wings, and for "troop transport" being a squadron trait that means something.

1 minute ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Ah, yea these are the BIG "fang fighters" like the one Maul uses in Rebels.  I didn't realize they were troop transports.  That kind of bodes well for the MC-75 including two U-Wings, and for "troop transport" being a squadron trait that means something.

There is a unique symbol on the cardboard. 

If you're right about U-Wings, then do you think it could be possible they'd have an ability for a miniature boarding like action? Nowhere near as deadly as the upgrade cards, granted, but some way to interact with nearby ships?

1 minute ago, ElSee said:

If you're right about U-Wings, then do you think it could be possible they'd have an ability for a miniature boarding like action? Nowhere near as deadly as the upgrade cards, granted, but some way to interact with nearby ships?

Or maybe similar to the Profundity and it lets you move Officers or even commanders between ships lol

14 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

I don't think that will happen. Rebel squadrons aren't shown on the wave banner and they aren't mentioned on the product page.

Not too worried.  I'd like to have 4 of any available squad (except TIE fighters because why shouldn't I have 20 of them?) but I'm not going to be upset if I can only field two for the time being.  I won't be buying more than 1 of each of these ships.  I'm getting burned more and more on buying more than 1 of any large ship.

I'm of the opinion that the profundity will come with U-Wings to server as a counterpart to the Gauntlets - ace pilot will either be K-2SO or Andor. I'm still going to be getting two of each (that's the minimum I get of any Armada expansion), but I would still prefer to see a squadron expansion to go along side these two guys.

I remember when flotillas were first revealed there was a lot of attempted witchery regarding the badly cropped and positioned home page cover photo also. 

We were somewhat vindicated for that one by the reveal of Wave 4 shortly thereafter. 

So, might be we'll get more reveals. 

Something is coming after all.

Something big.

6 minutes ago, Eggzavier said:

I remember when flotillas were first revealed there was a lot of attempted witchery regarding the badly cropped and positioned home page cover photo also. 

We were somewhat vindicated for that one by the reveal of Wave 4 shortly thereafter. 

So, might be we'll get more reveals. 

Something is coming after all.

Something big.

No hints from the image title, though. Just swm29-30