ceejlekabeejle

From out of nowhere... Wave VII!

1 hour ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Piett was never shown on an ISD, let alone the Chimaera. 

Honestly though, it could go either way. 

Well, did you ever see Admiral Motti on a Victory Star Destroyer? ;)

Or Admiral Ozzel on an Imperial Raider?

Or General Tagge on a Gozanti?

Or Moff JerJerrod on an Arquitens?

Edited by Drasnighta

1 hour ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Well, I think most people saw these ships coming. Even though this is probably what they meant by "something big is coming"

I am still holding out for an SSD.

Thrawn was inevitable, and the MC75 expansion basically exactly what was expected.

I'd say getting an ISD repaint felt pretty unlikely, though*.  I mean, it was already the single most expensive expansion to the game - odds of FFG having done another that was just a repaint, especially given the paintjob in the show being on the not-really-visible-bottom, only...were...never great.  And it does turn out that isn't quite what happened - it's a repaint, sure, but not using the paintjob from the show (top instead of bottom), AND adding two fighter squadrons alongside.

* And I'd still have preferred it as a card pack instead of needing to buy another model, but YMMV on that...

19 minutes ago, Darth Lupine said:

And if I manage to blow up the flagship before it deploys that MC80, I just netted a bunch of points for free

Hopefully the opposing admiral wouldn't wait too long to deploy. In reality, if they deploy them late in round 2/early round 3, the odds of the flagship being lost (assuming it's a large ship AND the player doesn't use it foolishly) are slim. Either way, it provides a very cool & unique ability for the Rebel player, I commend FFG for mixing things up a bit with this!

12 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Did you ever see a Victory Star Destroyer in canon...

Now, to combine Hyperspace Assault, Raddus and Profundity...

Each is an "At the start of any round..." rule, and if things happen at the same time we can do them in any order. So... Raddus moves up in the Profundity, then at the start of a turn one ship comes out of the Hyperspace Assault (range 1 of an objective token), then another ship comes from Profundity (range 1 of that ship), and then a third ship comes in at range 1 from one of the other two ships. By my maths, if the HA ship is a medium one, the Raddus one can deploy just outside Medium range of the original objective token.

Edit - even better: HA in a medium ship, Raddus in an MC75-Profundity on top of that, and then Profundity a small ship from that. Giving you what I think is Medium+Long from the objective token for the back of the small ship. Throw in the extra length of the small ship and you've got a hull zone at distance 4+5 of the original objective token. Of course, you've also got all your ships off the board at the beginning, and now two of your ships potentially in a stupid position, but... funtimes.

Edited by Grumbleduke

As a big Mandalorian fan, I'm quite excited about the Gauntlet starfighter. From what I can see, the unique pilot is Gar Saxon, and I think I'm correct in saying that the icons are a new one and Rogue. Looking at the new icon and considering the canon capabilities of the Gauntlet, I'd say we're looking at some kind of boarding mechanic, similar to the Boarding Engineers or Troopers. I'm guessing it'll either be removing command tokens or exhausting defence tokens. 

Everyone is concentrating on the Chimaera and Profundity, I figured it needed looking at to. Plus, I'm noticing that we're not seeing a pic of the full Profundity expansion like we did with Chimaera, which makes me wonder what else it's going to come with - maybe U-wings with similar or the same keywords as the Gauntlets?

Edited by Lex Uliik

38 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Or Admiral Ozzel on an Imperial Raider?

Or General Tagge on a Gozanti?

Or Moff JerJerrod on an Arquitens?

Okay, you've got me there. 

Im just a diehard member of team #PiettSSD

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

BAD NEWS ON THE FONT FRONT

"Intensify Forward Firepower!"

"Entrapment Formation!"

Check those out.

Intensify Forward Firepower takes up more Room than Entrapment does, yet, the exposed lettering is larger.

This means it will be a mere "Intensify Firepower!" instead.

I was pondering this....everyone seems to assume that IFF will give a boost to anti-ship firepower, but the original line from ROTJ was in response to a starfighter attack.  So if it was IFF, I'd think it'd be a boost to antisquadron firepower.  Does "Intensify Firepower" unlink it from the movie, and give them the freedom to make it a boost to anti-ship firepower after all?

1 hour ago, Grumbleduke said:

Did you ever see a Victory Star Destroyer in canon...

Now, to combine Hyperspace Assault, Raddus and Profundity...

Each is an "At the start of any round..." rule, and if things happen at the same time we can do them in any order. So... Raddus moves up in the Profundity, then at the start of a turn one ship comes out of the Hyperspace Assault (range 1 of an objective token), then another ship comes from Profundity (range 1 of that ship), and then a third ship comes in at range 1 from one of the other two ships. By my maths, if the HA ship is a medium one, the Raddus one can deploy just outside Medium range of the original objective token.

Edit - even better: HA in a medium ship, Raddus in an MC75-Profundity on top of that, and then Profundity a small ship from that. Giving you what I think is Medium+Long from the objective token for the back of the small ship. Throw in the extra length of the small ship and you've got a hull zone at distance 4+5 of the original objective token. Of course, you've also got all your ships off the board at the beginning, and now two of your ships potentially in a stupid position, but... funtimes.

I'm loving the idea of Raddus on a ship other than Profundity.  He calls in the Profundity, which calls in a small ship.  Throw some rapid launch bays and you don't even need HA to launch your entire fleet while only starting the game with 1 ship on the board.

So long as the dial you have to Reveal isn't a Squadron one, sure.  (Since taht's Pursuants trigger)

...  Of course, if Thrawn's added dial is a Squadron, you're only getting 1 squadron dials worth of command out of it.

9 minutes ago, itzSteve said:

Just thinking out loud here: If I have Thrawn and a Quasar with the Pursuant title...do I get to use 3 dials in one activation?

Edited by Drasnighta

Hmmmm, with the lack of info on the Profundity and the lack of a picture of the cards with the ship - its just a picture of the ship and nothing else unlike the Chimaera which shows you the nice spread and what you get - do we think there might be something like 2 fighters with it or something else what they don't want revealed yet?

1 hour ago, Rune Taq said:

I feel like that transport that hit the ISD in rouge one. Seriously out of nowhere. Was not expecting the announcement today.

someone sent me a text 3 hours before i normally wake up about it(i work nights). Needless to say I'm very tired but also excited. 

So....
Excited for the new ISD types and titles for sure.
I love ordnance and the challenge of closing at range.
Not for the new ISD model.
Who wants to trade a "standard" ISD model for the Chimaera model? Just model for model ;)