Hockeyzombie

Thrawn confirmed

1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

It looks like 2 to me.

and Admiral, not officer.  Its facing the other direciton.

It might be two, I thought it was one, I can't really tell. What I can tell is that you're wrong (for once); I'm pretty sure Vader actually reads discard # of NON-Commander upgrades, thus the little blip of smudge in front of the number.

23 minutes ago, Visovics said:

take second, use grav shift rerout, station based objectives pull them to your deployment zone, put G7 there and camp, THIS IS THE PERFECT TROLL TO RADDUS

Nothing makes me happier than ISD's going speed 1.

13 minutes ago, GiledPallaeon said:

That card just got a lot better. And I can still use it the normal way when I'm not dealing with Admiral Prawn's nonsense.

Ok what am I missing here? Let's say you deploy and move in such a way that all your ships are actually guarded by the Grav Projector and I can't sneak a slugger without deploying at Range 1.

You're either....

...reeaaaaallllly slow rolling it, in which case, I gain manueverability superiority with all my ships that ARE on the table, but I can't get my Raddus ship behind you until like...turn 4 (worst case)

OR...

...you move up, in which case I can sneak my Raddus ship behind you. Even if I deploy at speed 0...so what?  Nothing shooting out the rear is going to concern my MC30's 3 shields.  Evades are useless at the distance Raddus is going to give, and i can only use 1 redirect anyway.  Knowing this, my first dial will be Nav, of course.

I'm sure there are plenty of counters to Raddus...but 'dic ain't it.

2 minutes ago, Rocmistro said:

Ok what am I missing here? Let's say you deploy and move in such a way that all your ships are actually guarded by the Grav Projector and I can't sneak a slugger without deploying at Range 1.

You're either....

...reeaaaaallllly slow rolling it, in which case, I gain manueverability superiority with all my ships that ARE on the table, but I can't get my Raddus ship behind you until like...turn 4 (worst case)

OR...

...you move up, in which case I can sneak my Raddus ship behind you. Even if I deploy at speed 0...so what?  Nothing shooting out the rear is going to concern my MC30's 3 shields.  Evades are useless at the distance Raddus is going to give, and i can only use 1 redirect anyway.  Knowing this, my first dial will be Nav, of course.

I'm sure there are plenty of counters to Raddus...but 'dic ain't it.

The Grav Projector is used against you. So Raddus or Profundity deploys a ship, it starts at speed 0. It isn't the first to activate, meaning that the Imperial Player manages to get a token-less (essentially an Avenger shot) against you before you activate, so it could kill the ship before it does anything. Free points, more or less.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

Just now, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

The Grav Projector is used against you. So Raddus or Profundity deploys a ship, it starts at speed 0. It isn't the first to activate, meaning that the Imperial Player manages to get a token-less (essentially an Avenger shot) against you before you activate, so it could kill the ship before it does anything. Free points, more or less.

Yeah, I understand that...but I mean, you'd have to be a REAL PRIZE IDIOT to deploy your Raddus ship at Speed 0 in the front arc of something that can do that. And with the kind of list that you are likely to build with Raddus, that really shouldn't happen.

It's kind of like saying CR90's are useless because if you fly them at range 1 of the front arc of an ISD2 with XI7's they are going to get killed.  Right...SO DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Hockeyzombie said:

Yes. Big ships typically have to plan what they want to be doing three turns ahead, which makes it hard to react when things don't go as expected. Thrawn not only lets them change plans, he lets them continue the old plan as well. So you can keep your increased attack power and repair some damage, or swing around to keep on your target while sending out a bombing run. It's like cheating except you can actually do it within the rules, and he's at a solid price. Using him poorly won't amount o much, but good timing of his ability could lead to some legendary turns.

I just realized I already replied to your question. 

That sounds so fitting for Thrawn. I love it! This is probably going to be what gets me to take the dive into Armada. 

3 hours ago, GiledPallaeon said:

I believe it is.

I just want to say that I love your username. 

2 hours ago, svelok said:

Don't you just hate when Darth Vader deploys onto your custom, veteran warship, reverts it into a stock off-the-shelf model, and then leaves?

And to think, all Vader had to do to prevent the Tantive getting away was carve the Profundity's name plaque off the wall...

Just now, FatherTurin said:

And to think, all Vader had to do to prevent the Tantive getting away was carve the Profundity's name plaque off the wall...

He wasn't in range to be used yet.

You'll note that once he was able to use Tractor Beams to reduce the Tantive's speed by 1 and so get within range, he promptly revealed a squadron dial and discarded Raymus Antilles.

2 minutes ago, Rocmistro said:

Yeah, I understand that...but I mean, you'd have to be a REAL PRIZE IDIOT to deploy your Raddus ship at Speed 0 in the front arc of something that can do that. And with the kind of list that you are likely to build with Raddus, that really shouldn't happen.

It's kind of like saying CR90's are useless because if you fly them at range 1 of the front arc of an ISD2 with XI7's they are going to get killed.  Right...SO DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!

First off, the enemy could use strategic to counter your plans - if you never deploy your ship, then it's even better. And it doesn't have to be the front arc. The side arc of a Glad or an ISD is enough to cause some serious hurt. At long range of a Vic or Int with DC is enough. You don't even need XI7s.

3 hours ago, RStan said:

Anyone think it's odd that Profundity doesn't come with U-Wings like the ISD comes with those Imp Mando fighters? Maybe yet to be shown? 

I retract the last part of this statement now. The Wave 7 splash image doesn't have anything so I'm going to assume it won't have U-Wings :(

swm29-30_wave7.png

...Although I still think it would've been the perfect place for them to be added into Armada if they've already got the fighters with the Chimera. 

Edited by RStan

1 minute ago, RStan said:

I retract the last part of this statement now. The Wave 7 splash image doesn't have anything so I'm going to assume it won't have U-Wings :(

swm29-30_wave7.png

...Although I still think it would've been the perfect place for them to be added into Armada if they've already got the fighters with the Chimera. 

They haven't spoiled anything for the 75 but the titles and admiral. We don't know the defense tokens, command dials, have no glimpse of upgrades. . . I wouldn't be surprised it they're keeping this from us, and have edited the above pic to exclude the Us.

Just now, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

They haven't spoiled anything for the 75 but the titles and admiral. We don't know the defense tokens, command dials, have no glimpse of upgrades. . . I wouldn't be surprised it they're keeping this from us, and have edited the above pic to exclude the Us.

Oh I definitely hope so because I don't think there's enough of a Squadron pack that makes sense to put the UWing in since I think the next Squadron packs are going to involve the new trilogy. 

2 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

First off, the enemy could use strategic to counter your plans 

This goes without saying and is always true.

-if you never deploy your ship, then it's even better. 

You'd really have to have messed something up to not be able to deploy your ship.  Like...you'd have to have agreed to a game where your opponent got 12,000 fleet points to your 400.  It also bears mention that if you REALLY think there's no POSSIBLE way to avoid your opponent's snare...you just don't put a ship in hyperspace.  I literally cannot imgaine a game where that would happen.

And it doesn't have to be the front arc. The side arc of a Glad or an ISD is enough to cause some serious hurt. At long range of a Vic or Int with DC is enough. You don't even need XI7s.

Again...if that's your ONLY option, you JUST DON'T DEPLOY THERE.  I'm just saying i  can't imagine a game where I couldn't get a CR90b sneaking around someone's flank to deploy my Raddus ship in a position where, even if it must be deployed at speed 0, it's still not going to take VOLUMES of enemy fire. 

Holy ****, this is exactly what I wanted in Chimaera. Exactly. Two new ISDs, and Vader as a boarding upgrade. Can't wait to try out the Kuat and Cymoon refits.

I have held off on buying a second ISD, out of the faith that they'd do this. I didn't even dare to hope that they'd give us extra copies of the new ship cards, so we can use them on our other ISD models. FFG made me happy with that one.