Hockeyzombie

Thrawn confirmed

4 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

Now I need to figure out how many of these Chimera packs I'm actually ordering. Most likely two, so I can run a couple of Cymoons

They're giving us three each of the new ship cards so one for the new paint and two more for whatever might already be in your collection. If you already have an ISD you won't need two Chimeras to run two of the new ISD versions. 

Edited by Frimmel
typo

1 minute ago, Norsehound said:

Now I need to figure out how many of these Chimera packs I'm actually ordering. Most likely two, so I can run a couple of Cymoons... but since there can only be one Chimera, it means I finally have an excuse to paint up a custom Star Destroyer. Hmmm....

You get 3 Cymoons in the pack. You only need to buy one!

3 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

Dear lord... finally something that can kill Yavaris!

Really impressed with both commanders this time around. Raddus allows a Rebel heavy ship player to forego thinking about how to protect his ship on the way to the target, and Thrawn... well... thrawn lets you run and chew bubblegum at the same time. My ARQ battery will be able to navigate and concentrate fire for the three turns after combat's begun. I could Concentrate Fire and Squadron command out of an ISD Phalanx. I could repair and concentrate fire after my VSD group hits the engagement line. AS I think about it, while it isn't as standout as Jerjerrod or Screed for the 'One' thing they do, Thrawn is up there with Vader in terms of fleet-wide usability and utility. Unlike Vader, he gives your fleet utility across the whole board. Thrawn is the perfect commander for the Imperial Navy!

Now I need to figure out how many of these Chimera packs I'm actually ordering. Most likely two, so I can run a couple of Cymoons... but since there can only be one Chimera, it means I finally have an excuse to paint up a custom Star Destroyer. Hmmm....

but you get 3 Cymoons and 3 Kuat in the box

3 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

It says you get three of each ship card - so with one pack you can three of them if you wanted.

Unless you specifically want two of that paint job ;)

1 minute ago, Frimmel said:

They're giving us three each of the new ship cards so one for the new paint and two more for whatever might already be in your collection. If you already have an ISD you won't need two Chimera's to run two of the new ISD versions. 

Probably still getting 2 myself... one for the table... one as a sweet *** display for my desk at work

Edited by Darth Sanguis

20 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

Since it's out in the open, you all should be thanking @JJs Juggernaut for Thrawn. That is his World Championship card design.

Wow. @JJs Juggernaut, you have done a very good job! Thank you ever so much! Congrats!

15 minutes ago, Visovics said:

confirmed that, and it can also discard titles!!

Which begs to question what happens if he discards Profundity if it hasn't deployed its small ship yet, would it count as the Imperial player scoring that ship's points for free? I'd imagine so since you couldn't deploy it any other way, so there is always the chance that a 3 point Vader might be able to net you a good 40+. 

Just now, Animewarsdude said:

Which begs to question what happens if he discards Profundity if it hasn't deployed its small ship yet, would it count as the Imperial player scoring that ship's points for free? I'd imagine so since you couldn't deploy it any other way, so there is always the chance that a 3 point Vader might be able to net you a good 40+. 

I guess the same as undeployed squads from RLB

Wow. I can put External Racks on a Kuat Star Destroyer and QBTs.

5 Black, 2 Blue and 1 Red with a CF dial out of the side arc. Oh yes and Ordnance Experts or Leading Shots to get the rerolls. Outflank me now MC30! Anyone for Opening salvo with this load out?

Is a Kuat and a Cymoon still a Star Destroyer? Can I put Avenger or Relentless on them?

Edited by Mad Cat

5 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

Wow. I can put External Racks on a Kuat Star Destroyer and QBTs.

5 Black, 2 Blue and 1 Red with a CF dial out of the side arc. Oh yes and Ordnance Experts or Leading Shots to get the rerolls. Outflank me now MC30! Anyone for Opening salvo with this load out?

Is a Kuat and a Cymoon still a Star Destroyer? Can I put Avenger or Relentless on them?

Get a Vader boarding action and LS, take away the MC30 title and then just KILL KILL KILL

3 minutes ago, Card Knight said:

That's what I'm afraid of. Kuat with ER, Avenger, Boarding troopers, and Leading shots. 3 red, a blue, and 5 black that have been rerolled....

BUT WAIT. IT'S ONLY SQUADRON 2 AHA

I think that adds some additional reasoning to my theory that Rebels are going to get a functional Targeting Scrambler this wave.