Hockeyzombie

Thrawn confirmed

17 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

I think he actually takes out a Commander, it is blurry but it looks more to match that siloute than an officer. If that is true you sure as heck down want him steam rolling towards your command ship.

This can't possibly be correct, can it? For just 3 points, and on an ISD that can take a pounding, that seems...

well...

thematic, I guess? :P

1 minute ago, Rythbryt said:

This can't possibly be correct, can it? For just 3 points, and on an ISD that can take a pounding, that seems...

well...

thematic, I guess? :P

Well I think we also now know exactly what happened to Admiral Raddus, Vader came and checked to see if he had his hall pass, he didn't and well...like a hall full of rebels.

10 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

looking at the image Vader kills of Commanders, the head is to the left and officers are to the right i think

I zoomed the picture in, and I think this is the actual text:

"When you reveal a command, you may discard a [Squadron] dial or token and this card to choose 1 enemy ship at close range. Choose and discard 1 non-[Commander] upgrade card equipped to that ship."

So, Vader can wipe out ANY upgrade (except a Commander). Good-bye to whatever annoying cheese your opponent is running.

4 minutes ago, chemnitz said:

"When you reveal a command, you may discard a [Squadron] dial or token and this card to choose 1 enemy ship at close range. Choose and discard 1 non-[Commander] upgrade card equipped to that ship."

So, Vader can wipe out ANY upgrade (except a Commander). Good-bye to whatever annoying cheese your opponent is running.

confirmed that, and it can also discard titles!!

7 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

Since it's out in the open, you all should be thanking @JJs Juggernaut for Thrawn. That is his World Championship card design.

Part of me wants to strangle you for withholding that information. The rest wants JJ's address so I can send him a case of beer. And will strangle you later

1 minute ago, PT106 said:

What is interesting is the officer upgrade that probably gives counter 1 to non-heavy squadrons in range. Together with Dengar and Howlrunner it is going to be interesting.

Which office is it Captain Sloan? 

1 minute ago, PT106 said:

What is interesting is the officer upgrade that probably gives counter 1 to non-heavy squadrons in range. Together with Dengar and Howlrunner it is going to be interesting.

It's counter-1 to something, I just can't make it out. That's as reasonable as anything else.

4 minutes ago, chemnitz said:

Dear lord... finally something that can kill Yavaris!

Really impressed with both commanders this time around. Raddus allows a Rebel heavy ship player to forego thinking about how to protect his ship on the way to the target, and Thrawn... well... thrawn lets you run and chew bubblegum at the same time. My ARQ battery will be able to navigate and concentrate fire for the three turns after combat's begun. I could Concentrate Fire and Squadron command out of an ISD Phalanx. I could repair and concentrate fire after my VSD group hits the engagement line. AS I think about it, while it isn't as standout as Jerjerrod or Screed for the 'One' thing they do, Thrawn is up there with Vader in terms of fleet-wide usability and utility. Unlike Vader, he gives your fleet utility across the whole board. Thrawn is the perfect commander for the Imperial Navy!

Now I need to figure out how many of these Chimera packs I'm actually ordering. Most likely two, so I can run a couple of Cymoons... but since there can only be one Chimera, it means I finally have an excuse to paint up a custom Star Destroyer. Hmmm....