Hockeyzombie

Thrawn confirmed

Just now, Cade Bulkin said:

I DON'T EVEN PLAY  THIS GAME AND I CAN'T CONTAIN MY HYPE! THRAWN!!! 

.... is his ability good? I legit don't know how to play, I'm just always happy to see Thrawn. 

Yes, it's very good, And his price (32 points) puts him in a reasonable price range (he's with the other mid-level commanders, not too expensive)

2 minutes ago, Hockeyzombie said:

He is three points to kill an Officer, yes. Dark Lord's not here to play games. He's Hallway Monitor Heavyweight Champion for a reason.

I think he actually takes out a Commander, it is blurry but it looks more to match that siloute than an officer. If that is true you sure as heck down want him steam rolling towards your command ship.

Just now, evanger said:

Also, is that "Captain Sloane"?

It looks to be her.

6 minutes ago, Cade Bulkin said:

I DON'T EVEN PLAY  THIS GAME AND I CAN'T CONTAIN MY HYPE! THRAWN!!! 

.... is his ability good? I legit don't know how to play, I'm just always happy to see Thrawn. 

Yes. Big ships typically have to plan what they want to be doing three turns ahead, which makes it hard to react when things don't go as expected. Thrawn not only lets them change plans, he lets them continue the old plan as well. So you can keep your increased attack power and repair some damage, or swing around to keep on your target while sending out a bombing run. It's like cheating except you can actually do it within the rules, and he's at a solid price. Using him poorly won't amount o much, but good timing of his ability could lead to some legendary turns.

I just realized I already replied to your question. 

Edited by Hockeyzombie

1 minute ago, Hockeyzombie said:

Yes. Big ships typically have to plan what they want to be doing three turns ahead, which makes it hard to react when things don't go as expected. Thrawn not only lets them change plans, he lets them continue the old plan as well. So you can keep your increased attack power and repair some damage, or swing around to keep on your target while sending out a bombing run. It's like cheating except you can actually do it within the rules, and he's at a decent price.

Sounds like Thrawn...better at planning ahead than the rest of us.

Just now, evanger said:

Sounds like Thrawn...better at planning ahead than the rest of us.

Yeah, people were wondering how they were going to communicate his next level chessmaster ways. This is a really great way to do it. Also an ability that requires a bit of planning to really abuse, which is fitting. You can always go Repair/Repair/Navigate to play it safe (or maybe Nav/Nav/Repair is the safest option?) but if you plan and execute well you could alpha somebody with your all of your squadrons despite having low squadron values, or do some Tokyo drifting that would make Jerjerrod proud. 

21 minutes ago, Card Knight said:

But also, a fifth defense token in the ISD splash. Could the raider be finally getting a redirect???

I think the fifth defense token is for the unique new squadron. Or maybe it is granted by one of the upgrades.