Jump to content
Hockeyzombie

Thrawn confirmed

Recommended Posts

Just now, Cade Bulkin said:

I DON'T EVEN PLAY  THIS GAME AND I CAN'T CONTAIN MY HYPE! THRAWN!!! 

 

.... is his ability good? I legit don't know how to play, I'm just always happy to see Thrawn. 

Yes, it's very good, And his price (32 points) puts him in a reasonable price range (he's with the other mid-level commanders, not too expensive)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hockeyzombie said:

He is three points to kill an Officer, yes. Dark Lord's not here to play games. He's Hallway Monitor Heavyweight Champion for a reason.

I think he actually takes out a Commander, it is blurry but it looks more to match that siloute than an officer. If that is true you sure as heck down want him steam rolling towards your command ship.

Just now, evanger said:

Also, is that "Captain Sloane"?

It looks to be her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cade Bulkin said:

I DON'T EVEN PLAY  THIS GAME AND I CAN'T CONTAIN MY HYPE! THRAWN!!! 

 

.... is his ability good? I legit don't know how to play, I'm just always happy to see Thrawn. 

Yes. Big ships typically have to plan what they want to be doing three turns ahead, which makes it hard to react when things don't go as expected. Thrawn not only lets them change plans, he lets them continue the old plan as well. So you can keep your increased attack power and repair some damage, or swing around to keep on your target while sending out a bombing run. It's like cheating except you can actually do it within the rules, and he's at a solid price. Using him poorly won't amount o much, but good timing of his ability could lead to some legendary turns.

 

I just realized I already replied to your question. 

Edited by Hockeyzombie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hockeyzombie said:

Yes. Big ships typically have to plan what they want to be doing three turns ahead, which makes it hard to react when things don't go as expected. Thrawn not only lets them change plans, he lets them continue the old plan as well. So you can keep your increased attack power and repair some damage, or swing around to keep on your target while sending out a bombing run. It's like cheating except you can actually do it within the rules, and he's at a decent price.

Sounds like Thrawn...better at planning ahead than the rest of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, evanger said:

Sounds like Thrawn...better at planning ahead than the rest of us.

Yeah, people were wondering how they were going to communicate his next level chessmaster ways. This is a really great way to do it. Also an ability that requires a bit of planning to really abuse, which is fitting. You can always go Repair/Repair/Navigate to play it safe (or maybe Nav/Nav/Repair is the safest option?) but if you plan and execute well you could alpha somebody with your all of your squadrons despite having low squadron values, or do some Tokyo drifting that would make Jerjerrod proud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Card Knight said:

But also, a fifth defense token in the ISD splash. Could the raider be finally getting a redirect???

I think the fifth defense token is for the unique new squadron. Or maybe it is granted by one of the upgrades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...