Cubanboy

Happy Friday

Happy Friday!

We have a small-format 200pt event once a month hosted at FFGC that has variant rules and is quite enjoyable. First one I made it to had both players deploy on the same side, with one targeting a station and one defending.

The second we made a 200pt fleet with no admiral, and each round everyone was assigned the same admiral, regardless of faction. Arquittens and ISDs with Ackbar AR terrifying.

Apparently one of the gamers in our area purchased a Mel's Super Star Destroyer and fashioned a base for it to use in Armada.  He wasn't able to get a game with it the last time he had an opportunity, I'm trying to work out a way to play against him and it looks like we're going to aim for Labor Day - mere hours after I fly back in from US Nationals!

41 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

Apparently one of the gamers in our area purchased a Mel's Super Star Destroyer and fashioned a base for it to use in Armada.  He wasn't able to get a game with it the last time he had an opportunity, I'm trying to work out a way to play against him and it looks like we're going to aim for Labor Day - mere hours after I fly back in from US Nationals!

Please post a batrep and the scenario you use. I'm extremely jealous and even more curious.

The only other format I've tried is 600, which is enjoyable but can be a bit draggy. I also still occasionally test customs, but I don't know if that counts

7 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I will soon be holding a Take the Station tournament in Hothgary.

I'm jealous, I have yet to even TRY that scenario.... tough to get enough people together to play it and have them not rather play two standard games, and after 3+ games at tournaments I'm usually the only person still wanting to play more armada

Back in wave 2 @ThatSlyBandit and I played a few homemade story driven scenarios but then CC was announced and that got put on hold. @Space_Cowboy17has an Escalation Tournament (each fleet grows by 50pts between rounds) coming up in September. Other than that it's all been standard play for me. I'll probably try @Blail Blerg's Taskforce Format for 1 of the kits I'll be running soon.

I have played a couple 500 point games and they were fun.  I also did a 600 point, no fighter, game with @Chuntsinger during wave 2 that was fun.  The lack of fighters made for a lot of ships which favored the Empire a little bit in my opinion.  

I want to use the task force armada rules with my wife.  She likes the idea of smaller, quicker games.

Edited by mcworrell

I've played Take the Station once, which is super fun (I suggested a take the Station Tournament be our next Vassal Tournament @Drasnighta so let me know how yours goes!!)

@Visovics already mentioned our 1,000 point per side game where I had blast. 

@PodRacer and I then played a 1,500 point per side game which also was also so much fun. I absolutely love how the game plays at large point totals as long as each player agreed not to try and look for broken combos to exploit.

Lastly, I was super fortunate to have @DabDarklighter be my teammate for the Worlds team tournament which was also a lot of fun.

So many good ways to play Armada!