Tonbo Karasu

Imperial Cycle Spoilers

16 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Unicorn - there's a number of options here: Ide Tadaji, Iuchi Daiyu, but the fun option could be Iuchi Shahai

I would be surprised if it wasn't Shahai. Since she was mentioned in the previous story choice and is being sent to the captial to teach the name magic.

I'm rather excited to see if more Phoenix characters get introduced who add elements to rings.  I want to have even one game where I get all the ring abilities from a single conflict!  XD

1 hour ago, Toxium said:

I would be surprised if it wasn't Shahai. Since she was mentioned in the previous story choice and is being sent to the captial to teach the name magic.

Doesn't look very Shahai to me:

idetadaji.png

And if a fresh of gempukku maiden is already a 5 cost character, much like Taka or Yoshi or Kaede... good for her, I guess?:P

1 hour ago, Kubernes said:

I'd consider sub factions as fine since they're not getting full support or just use existing cards. If imperials did get a stronghold, it wouldn't be that they would overshadow the clans. Not by a long shot.

Hmmmmmm. This just gave me an idea as to what the Ability of a future Imperial Stronghold could/would be: 

Action: During a Conflict, bow this Stronghold. Gain the Imperial Favor. If you already control the Imperial Favor, add +1 Military and +1 Political. ?

38 minutes ago, LordBlunt said:

Hmmmmmm. This just gave me an idea as to what the Ability of a future Imperial Stronghold could/would be: 

Action: During a Conflict, bow this Stronghold. Gain the Imperial Favor. If you already control the Imperial Favor, add +1 Military and +1 Political. ?

Yeah, I was thinking they could do something to get the Imperial Favor easily too. Their philosophy card seems to point towards a native preference for honor, so the stronghold could even give an honor for having the Favor or maybe just skipping conflicts since they're above all this clan foolishness. 

1 hour ago, Kakita Shiro said:

Tadaji is my guess.

I realize now he has a Unicorn on his chest, but from a distance it looks like a Scorpion.    The tail looks like a claw, those bubbles are look like the stinger, and then the legs look too spindly.

7 minutes ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

What an interesting card... Being able to pass on his honored status to a character before they swing or he leaves play is really interesting.

Not just once.  He has pride, making him a source of honoring to pass around.  If playing with a scorpion splash for Blackmail, you could even dishonor the blackmailed person before sending them home.

6 minutes ago, Asako Shinpi said:

Not just once.  He has pride, making him a source of honoring to pass around.  If playing with a scorpion splash for Blackmail, you could even dishonor the blackmailed person before sending them home.

Hmm, not sure it works that way. It specifies honored status token, rather than status token. I don't think his ability will let you pass on a dishonored status token. 

12 minutes ago, Mirith said:

Now for the important question, can you move an honored status token to a character with a dishonored status token?

It *seems* like common sense would prevail, and the answer is yes, but you remove both tokens since they cancel each other out. But from a rules lawyering perspective, I could see the answer being yes, and both tokens remain on the character unless removed by another effect... or no, because a dishonored character must return to normal state before it can be granted an honored state.

Also, I just had an interesting thought. We have an imperial "Way of" card coming with this cycle. What if there's also an imperial seal card? Give attached character imperial trait, boost Seppun Ishikawa even more? Yes, please!

2 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

It *seems* like common sense would prevail, and the answer is yes, but you remove both tokens since they cancel each other out. But from a rules lawyering perspective, I could see the answer being yes, and both tokens remain on the character unless removed by another effect... or no, because a dishonored character must return to normal state before it can be granted an honored state.

Also, I just had an interesting thought. We have an imperial "Way of" card coming with this cycle. What if there's also an imperial seal card? Give attached character imperial trait, boost Seppun Ishikawa even more? Yes, please!

One, I agree on the common sense, disagree on the second option, since it is dumb, but possibility of the third option is why I brought it up.  The wording is sort of what peeked my interest as it is phrased differently.  It might be to skip triggers based on "Honor someone/dishonor someone" phrasing, or at least I hope that is the intention.  Otherwise his ability could have been "Action: If Origami Master is Honored, Choose another character and Dishonor this card - Honor the other character".

But this might be intended to work around both Savvy Politician and Young Rumormonger.

Imperial Seal would also have Imperial, so +2/+2.

Edited by Mirith

2 minutes ago, Mirith said:

One, I agree on the common sense, disagree on the second option, since it is dumb, but possibility of the third option is why I brought it up.

Imperial Seal would also have Imperial, so +2/+2.

I would tend to agree that it's dumb, but at the same time I don't think the RR covers anything specific for the tokens themselves, just the personal honor states. And we've already had a RR correction because a crab holding could swap with the stronghold due to a similar lack of verbiage to prevent it, that was petty dumb too. *shrugs*

Just now, Zesu Shadaban said:

I would tend to agree that it's dumb, but at the same time I don't think the RR covers anything specific for the tokens themselves, just the personal honor states. And we've already had a RR correction because a crab holding could swap with the stronghold due to a similar lack of verbiage to prevent it, that was petty dumb too. *shrugs*

I agree, crab holding into stronghold province was also quite dumb.  They remedied that.  I'm not saying it is out of the realm of possibility, but it would involve a lot of heavy sighing.

Just now, Mirith said:

I agree, crab holding into stronghold province was also quite dumb.  They remedied that.  I'm not saying it is out of the realm of possibility, but it would involve a lot of heavy sighing.

I believe it. I'm already sighing at having thought of it in the first place. I think I've read too many ridiculous arguments on here. :P

2 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

I believe it. I'm already sighing at having thought of it in the first place. I think I've read too many ridiculous arguments on here. :P

I like making them, but only for the point of that they are silly and should not be valid.