Tonbo Karasu

Imperial Cycle Spoilers

20 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Also, interestingly, the Shadowlands (Tierras Sombra) trait (or is it a keyword?

In bold italics, centered just below the illustration: it's a trait for sure (so no attached rule text, it's purely for reference). Keywords are in normal text and left-aligned (like the 2nd line below Yaruma's illustration).

42 minutes ago, Khudzlin said:

In bold italics, centered just below the illustration: it's a trait for sure (so no attached rule text, it's purely for reference). Keywords are in normal text and left-aligned (like the 2nd line below Yaruma's illustration).

Yeah, I was aware it was like Bushi, but I can never get straight which is a Keyword and which is a trait in which game.

Regarding the likelihood of new Strongholds... I say this as someone who played a lot of other LCGs and zero L5R. A "neutral" stronghold (e.g., an Imperial stronghold) is a ways off. Yes, Netrunner added new IDs in the first Datapack, but it was years before the equivalent of a neutral ID was added. I would not be shocked if we got a new Stronghold in the Imperial Cycle, but it will likely follow the pattern of emphasizing a different aspect of a clan's core game. (Forex, Crane seems to be the "politics + honor" clan, and their Stronghold is all about politics, so it would make sense to have a Stronghold that did something regarding honor.)

And with each LCG they release based on a previous CCG (this is their third), they seem more and more comfortable casting off the trappings of the previous game. I'd be curious to know what references there have been to the other clans in the FFG era? A neutral Stronghold seems very out of keeping with FFG's past.

It's all speculation, of course.

They made a neutral faction card in AGoT 1st ed. As far as I know, there's no plan for such a thing in AGoT 2nd ed or any currently running competitive (there is a neutral investigator in Arkham Horror and I think there are neutral heroes in LotR) LCG (aside, maybe, from runner mini-factions in ANR). @CitizenKeen I think it's at least their 4th (AGoT, CoC, ANR and L5R).

12 minutes ago, Khudzlin said:

They made a neutral faction card in AGoT 1st ed. As far as I know, there's no plan for such a thing in AGoT 2nd ed or any currently running competitive (there is a neutral investigator in Arkham Horror and I think there are neutral heroes in LotR) LCG (aside, maybe, from runner mini-factions in ANR). @CitizenKeen I think it's at least their 4th (AGoT, CoC, ANR and L5R).

I did not realize CoC was previously a CCR. TIL.

And yes, I think non-traditional Strongholds (neutral, blended, new subfaction, whatever) are an inevitability. But I think the idea of getting it in the first cycle is laughable and in the second cycle is unlikely. But I'm open to being proven wrong.

On 9/3/2017 at 2:33 PM, Yoritomo Reiu said:

FFG owns a lot of Mantis and Spider art. It's hard for me to believe that they won't eventually find a way to make use of those assets.

Are they reusing old art? I thought it was all new art.

5 minutes ago, CitizenKeen said:

Are they reusing old art? I thought it was all new art.

I think its like 70/30 old art. I think all the Uniques are new art, and the Way ofs are. Most the rest use old art. (Honored Blade and Ready for battle have the last Lion Clan champion, if I recall correctly)

Since they have a lot of old assets they can use, it is a more cost effective strategy then paying for an entire 200+ new pieces of art.

Edited by RandomJC

2 minutes ago, CitizenKeen said:

And yes, I think non-traditional Strongholds (neutral, blended, new subfaction, whatever) are an inevitability. But I think the idea of getting it in the first cycle is laughable and in the second cycle is unlikely. But I'm open to being proven wrong.

AGoT CCG had alliance faction cards at some point. AGoT LCG 1st ed never had, but still had dual-faction cards. AGoT LCG 2nd ed has dropped that concept. I think it's a given that there'll be new strongholds for each clan (possibly as early as the first cycle - it happened for ANR and Conquest). There might be additional factions (though I'm not holding my breath for that - first deluxe box might do it, but FFG has announced nothing, unlike for Conquest, where additional factions were announced in the Core Set). But I doubt we'll see neutral or multi-faction strongholds any time soon, if at all.

7 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I think its like 70/30 old art. I think all the Uniques are new art, and the Way ofs are. Most the rest use old art. (Honored Blade and Ready for battle have the last Lion Clan champion, if I recall correctly)

Since they have a lot of old assets they can use, it is a more cost effective strategy then paying for an entire 200+ new pieces of art.

Some of the Uniques are old art too, like Kakita Asami and Bayushi Yunako for example.

Edited by KerenRhys

2 minutes ago, shosuko said:

Interesting - it doesn't seem that the Goblin causes any honor loss just for playing it.  I think the ability is "after this character wins a conflict, take 1 fate from a participating character and put it on this character.

Too long

I would say something like

[ASUMPTION ON]

Reaccion: Despues de que este Personaje entre

en juego, pon sobre el 1 de Destino de (la reserva)

de un adversario.

Reaction: After playing this Character, put over it 1 Fate from another opponent (reserve)

[ASSUMPTION OFF]

So, with the completely different release cycle, this becomes somewhat more difficult!  Also, my eyes and screen are combining to make it really hard to find the numbers on those Keeper and Seeker cards.  If anyone can identify the numbers on any of the cards in today's announcement, I will be most grateful.  I'll be waiting to update until tomorrow at the earliest, in case I get people with better eyesight than me...

Berserker looks like 82

Guard duty looks like 36? (Though given the pathfinder's blade being 31 or 35 this doesn't make sense)

Consumed looks like 96

Backhand is 74

Chasing the sun looks like 56

Seppun Unique looks like 90

High kick might be 34

Agree with @KerenRhys on Dragon dude, Test of Skill, Stone of Sorrows, Oni Mask and Talisman 

If we assume we have the numbers right for Pathfinder's Blade, High Kick and Guard duty, does that mean at least two each of Crab, Crane, Lion and Dragon are getting 2 Conflict cards?  Or are we assuming they are sorted by clan and ignore deck?

Looking closer they look sorted by deck first, then clan.

Edited by Mirith

Raise the Alarm - Event, Crab # 32 (Confirms 31 for Pathfinder's Blade?)

Embrace the Void - Attachment, Spell, Void, Phoenix #`16

I think we can guess that Crab gets 2 conflict cards in pack 2, and Scorpion gets 2 in pack 1?

Edited by Mirith