Tonbo Karasu

Imperial Cycle Spoilers

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

I'm not sure that they'd do a non-Clan Stronghold in the very first expansion.

There are a number of cards that we can make pretty good guesses on the faction for, if we assume every faction gets a Dynasty and Conflict card in each pack.  I'm not happy to assume that yet.

I think we can only assume 2 cards.  We have seen some clear examples where there are 2 conflict cards for a clan in the set.  There is a space between phoenix and Scorpion, so the card needs to fall in one of the two.  Given that Phoenix already has Embrace and Kaede, I'd assume it is scorpion (Maybe an attachment, but it really could be a 0 cost event or attachment?).  

Crab absolutely has 2 conflict cards in pack 2, #31 and 32.

This doesn't mean we won't get a 3rd card for those factions.  36 neutrals might be more than they are willing to publish.  Maybe across the 6 packs they'll publish an extra card or two for each faction, so Scorpion will get a dynasty character in Pack 1, and Crab in Pack 2.

3 hours ago, Mirith said:

I think we can only assume 2 cards.  We have seen some clear examples where there are 2 conflict cards for a clan in the set.  There is a space between phoenix and Scorpion, so the card needs to fall in one of the two.  Given that Phoenix already has Embrace and Kaede, I'd assume it is scorpion (Maybe an attachment, but it really could be a 0 cost event or attachment?).  

This doesn't mean we won't get a 3rd card for those factions.  36 neutrals might be more than they are willing to publish.  Maybe across the 6 packs they'll publish an extra card or two for each faction, so Scorpion will get a dynasty character in Pack 1, and Crab in Pack 2.

Given that the Scorpion card in Tears of Amaterasu is one keying on Shinobi, I reckon that in pack 1, Scorpion might be getting a Shinobi Conflict Character.

21 hours ago, Mirith said:

For the (likely) second scorpion conflict card in Tears, I'd bet on a shinobi character. It would go nicely with the Smoke and Mirror card.

Edit: Didn't see Karasu already said the same thing, guess I agree with him. :P

Edited by KerenRhys

1 hour ago, Barbacuo said:

Somebody spoiled the full pack, and yes, it's a shinobi/peasant -/1 that looks at your opponents hand, iirc.

Full spoilers, really? Link please :D

NVM, found those, they're on reddit it seems.

Edited by Eu8L1ch

1 hour ago, OsramTaleka said:

As a Phoenix player, I really wish Tears of Amaterasu was a Water or Air province lol! I want to be able to use that card!

I know, right!? It's not quite good enough to make me give up Kuroi Mori, but I'd swap Shameful Display for it. But can't use it with seeker role...

*cue rant about FFG doing this intentionally to mess with Phoenix players*

1 hour ago, Daigotsu Bakunin said:

Now what would happen if the opponent declared military there and the province flipped as Rally? Everyone goes home I guess?

My guess is nothing happens. It only says you cannot declare political, at this time there's no rules about illegal conflicts, only characters  participating in a conflict illegally. 

That said, keep in mind that Rally's reaction is optional. So is "cannot be declared" were applied to changing conflict type, you simply wouldn't be able to use Rally's ability. Also, it's the Lion player who would trigger Rally, presumably is they're playing this holding they're not going to want to switch conflict type. 

Ultimately I think this fits with the Unicorn card in needing clarification on whether switching conflict type/ location falls under "declaring" rules. 

I would guess that there would be more provinces and more neutrals, yes. This pack being spoiled makes me glad they are releasing the first cycle in six weeks. I wouldn't want our local cranes feeling too good that they got three cards right away while the others waited to get their three. To be honest though, if every clan gets a limit one per deck holding in this cycle, I wish that is what the third crane card would have been.

To clarify my post a bit, I would rather that the third card each clan will most likely get in at least one of the packs would have been the limit one per deck holding they are all likely to get. But since these packs are coming out quickly, it will be a moot point very quickly.