Sign in to follow this  
ScumDan

Live Stream German Nationals this Saturday

Hello everybody!

This Saturday August 26th we'll be streaming the Top 32 Cut of the German National Championship. All 5 rounds will be streamed and commentary will be in English.

Top 32 round will start at 10 am CET and live coverage is going to start approximately 15-20 minutes before first round starts. We'll have interviews with match participants after each game (as long as I can convince them to speak English 1f609.png;))

Hope all of you tune in on Saturday 1f642.png:)

Link to our Twitch Channel: Twitch Channel

1 minute ago, NoShieldsAllGuts said:

I'm watching what will probably be an interesting game of Miranda Dash vs Miranda Nym. It's not all U-boats :P

For some reason I cant get the other Twitch channel to load here at work. Unicorn one works fine though

27 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

From what I managed to glimpse on twitch it was a TLT Nym,not an ABT one, which is a bit surprising.

Longer Thread range and added survivability by staying away at times. seems like a good idea

38 minutes ago, Holmelund said:

Longer Thread range and added survivability by staying away at times. seems like a good idea

I'm a bit surprised because most of the Nyms I've seen at the top for Scum have been ABT Nyms. Doubly so in Dengar/Nym, as bumping one ship with Nym means they have to shoot Dengar or not shoot at all.

12 hours ago, BoxerlessBossk said:

All Scum final. All Scum top 4 even. But still two rather surprising lists!

Final: Dengar - Nym VS Dengar - Fenn - Inaldra

Semifinalists: 4x Karthakk Pirate and Nym - Asajj - Sunny Bounder

That Pirate list was interesting as ****. 

6 hours ago, NoShieldsAllGuts said:

Can someone please link the Han/Nym lists here, curious about how they were able to fit together and wondering if my speculations are correct :)

Han Solo (46)
Veteraneninstinkte (1)
C-3PO (3)
Rey (2)
Verbessertes Triebwerk (4)
Millennium Falke (1)

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Veteraneninstinkte (1)
Autoblastergeschütz (2)
Streubombengenerator (3)
Verbesserte Sensoren (3)
"Genie" (0)
Verbessertes Triebwerk (4)
Havoc (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

22 hours ago, BoxerlessBossk said:

I can't stream twitch. Is this on YouTube somewhere?

22 hours ago, BoxerlessBossk said:

Never mind. I found it. 

19 hours ago, LordBlades said:

I'm a bit surprised because most of the Nyms I've seen at the top for Scum have been ABT Nyms. Doubly so in Dengar/Nym, as bumping one ship with Nym means they have to shoot Dengar or not shoot at all.

I'm surprised I keep seeing accuracy corrector Nym all over the place. That version seems so much worse than adv sensors version.

Accuracy corrector synergises with the turret and nothing else. 

Adv sensors synergises with the PS 10, barrel roll, bomb placement, immunity to blocking, bumping for defense, and arc dodging. It's soooo much better.

3 hours ago, Sekac said:

I'm surprised I keep seeing accuracy corrector Nym all over the place. That version seems so much worse than adv sensors version.

Accuracy corrector synergises with the turret and nothing else. 

Adv sensors synergises with the PS 10, barrel roll, bomb placement, immunity to blocking, bumping for defense, and arc dodging. It's soooo much better.

Why bother with adv. sensors when you can just dive into an enemy ship, deny shots, drop bombs with impunity AND wipe aces off the board?

12 hours ago, Sekac said:

Because it's easier to do all of that with adv sensors.

Setting a dial, performing an action, revealing a dial, rolling dice; as opposed to setting a dial (for EZ mode) revealing it and rolling dice - is easier?

OK then...

Edited by Keffisch

5 hours ago, Keffisch said:

Setting a dial, performing an action, revealing a dial, rolling dice; as opposed to setting a dial (for EZ mode) revealing it and rolling dice - is easier?

OK then...

You're confusing "easier" with "fewer steps". Flying 4 X-wings is not described as "EZ mode" because they have fewer choices. I'm talking about easier in the sense that you are more likely to accomplish your goals with adv sensors. You following me here?

I'll explain it step by step for you.

17 hours ago, Keffisch said:

Why bother with adv. sensors when you can just dive into an enemy ship...

With accuracy corrector, if your chosen maneuver does not successfully bump a ship, you have failed this goal. If you could barrel roll before maneuvering it is easier to collide with a ship.

deny shots,...

Again barrel rolling pre-maneuver creates more possibilities to arc dodge. And if you can't dodge every shot, focusing for defense and bumping one ship is better than just bumping and hoping to roll natural evades.

drop bombs with impunity...

Is it easier to bomb a ship if you have 2 possible locations to drop, or 6? 

AND wipe aces off the board?

This is the only aspect made "easier" by accuracy corrector because you don't have to roll dice. However, this strategy relies on you being consistently in range 1. You're counting on a blocker not preventing that from happening. Good luck leveraging autoblaster if there's a contacted scout with intel agent. He'll block Nym all day and the aces will run free. With adv sensors, you can dodge the block much easier.