Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

New Dreadnaught and Walker Reveal

125 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Alzer said:

The bombardment cannons are way too big on the ship, I really don't like that aspect of it.  

When you are looking to properly do an orbital bombardment to a quick submission from the planet, a big fat laser is the way to go! Why bother and take time with several Star destroyers if you can do it in much less time with 1 shot??

MandalorianMoose likes this

1 hour ago, Visovics said:

When you are looking to properly do an orbital bombardment to a quick submission from the planet, a big fat laser is the way to go! Why bother and take time with several Star destroyers if you can do it in much less time with 1 shot??

You could literally use just one Imperial Class star destroyer do the same bombardment for a fraction of the cost. I bet those guns cost a lot.

I wish it wasn't as flat. The Ep 7-8 ships just lack an aesthetic that the ISDs have. 

I designed ships like this back in high school CAD classes. It's looks too much made for TV sci-fi movie and not enough awesome ship I want on my desk. 

Oh great. More giant ships because BIGGER!!!  I'll still enjoy the movie, but size does matter and that is called too big.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Shadow345 said:

Is this Snoke's?

It's pretty big at 7km.

Or is his personal ship yet to be revealed?

Pretty sure this isn't Snoke's ships, which is called a Mega Star Destroyer rather than a dreadnaught.

Edited by Wraithdt

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Lobokai said:

I can't believe I'm typing this... but I'm suddenly hoping we get the Resurgent instead. 

Just threw up reading my own words 

I was "open" to the Resurgent but i wanted  the Tector. Really i just want a battleship that isn't multi role because i think that hurts it overall. but ya, I don't want this to be a thing in armada at all. 

Edited by dominosfleet
cynanbloodbane and axe238 like this

Jeez, so much hate.

Personally I think its not a bad design but its not great either. Hopefully my impression of the Dreadnaught will change once I see it in action. Same goes for the walker, although that thing looks really goofy right now. Reminds me too much of the Cylons.

3 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Can't wait to see this ship in Armada and watch the Rebels wet their flight suites.

Those flight suites cost extra and I imagine the space hotel is going to charge extra for the cleanup after the Rebels wet them.

Maybe still worth it for the space mini fridge and hot tub?

Ardaedhel likes this

*Hurk*

I'm sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little at that thing, it's just so **** ugly. At least the Resurgent has a sweet design despite its size, but that thing is just.... blech.

So, hows about continuing to ignore the sequel designs and picking up more prequel designs instead?

coastcityo and cynanbloodbane like this

Honestly, I kind of like the Resurgent class. Can't say the Dreadnaught looks great, but it could be worse. For Armada, it would make more sense to do the Resurgent before the Dreadnaught, if you ask me. To look right on the table, the Resurgent will already be running into X-wing's epic ship sizes. For a ship twice the size of an Imperial, even on a sliding scale I have a hard time imagining the Resurgent any smaller than 12" long. You know- around the size of X-wing's Raider...

I love the ship designs for the sequel trillogy so far....     if only they were in the 700m-1.8km range  if that dreadnaught was arround 700m awesome at almost 7.7km no...   and the resurgent I like the design if it was at the 1.8km size mark.

Ardaedhel likes this

5 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

You could literally use just one Imperial Class star destroyer do the same bombardment for a fraction of the cost. I bet those guns cost a lot.

So you are telling me that a ship tnat is basically the size of the cannon itself can do basically the same? A fraction of the cost? Sure! But in how much more time? And how much more protection does this dreadnought have to defend itself from other ships trying to stop it in its course?

It eill be destroyed by a single starfighter/small ship so my guess on the protection would be: not much.

In Star Wars the bigger the toy is, the easier it is to destroy it by a single shot.

40 minutes ago, Norell said:

It eill be destroyed by a single starfighter/small ship so my guess on the protection would be: not much.

In Star Wars the bigger the toy is, the easier it is to destroy it by a single shot.

I'm actually placing my bets on a joint effort from both the heavy bombers and and MC cruiser focusing it while it fires back witg the turbolasers on top and attempts to reach orbit to bombard the resistance base, and it takes down several resistance ships before going down itself