Guest Tim

The Wishlist

Wish List

- Corran Horn (with some sort of maneuver that utilizes and captures the feel of his dual phase lightsaber) 

- Dash Rendar

- Thrawn

- Orbital strikes

- Secret missions for smugglers and type-specific bounties for bounty hunters

- Clone Wars expansion with many Jedi

- Forget about Episode 7-9 and reinstate Legends so that I can have my Yuuzhan Vong army and Kyp Durron and Jacen and Jaina Solo and finally mend my broken heart. :(

9 hours ago, Undeadguy said:

There we go.

Nah Deadguy, you know how this is going to go. Empire is supposed to be about their big scary armor units, but they get "walked" all over by specialized Rebel troopers.

That's exactly what's happening in Armada, if you replace armor with Star Destroyers and troopers with starfighters and small ships.

If somehow Legion doesn't make Armored units irrelevant from the inevitably many infantry-derived ways to kill them, I'd be pleased. Chances are though to keep favor with Infantry being the center of this game, there will probably be more effective strategies to keep Armor suppressed, and the game focused on infantry vs infantry combat.

Edited by Norsehound

On 8/23/2017 at 11:47 PM, Torg said:

Agent Kallus would work, also any officer that's has been released for both sides in IA will work in a game like Star Wars Legion, but Agent Kallus leading a force would be cool.

Kallus could work as some sort of Rebel special forces, can't be targeted by attacks until he reveals himself. Does some nice interference.

On 8/24/2017 at 0:30 AM, Undeadguy said:

FFS I do NOT want R2D2 and C3PO in this game. I feel like it would be demeaning to the feel of the game of Storm Troopers, Rebels, Sith, and Jedi facing each other down, and then C3PO strolls onto the board screaming about a battle going on and telling the Rebel troopers how many languages he can speak. 

That's all he ever does though. Would not mind seeing him in the game at all.

5 hours ago, Norsehound said:

Nah Deadguy, you know how this is going to go. Empire is supposed to be about their big scary armor units, but they get "walked" all over by specialized Rebel troopers.

That's exactly what's happening in Armada, if you replace armor with Star Destroyers and troopers with starfighters and small ships.

If somehow Legion doesn't make Armored units irrelevant from the inevitably many infantry-derived ways to kill them, I'd be pleased. Chances are though to keep favor with Infantry being the center of this game, there will probably be more effective strategies to keep Armor suppressed, and the game focused on infantry vs infantry combat.

I think there will be a preset balance. You can only take Armor/Heavy units and you must have at least 3 trooper squads which can only take 1 anti-armor troop per squad. Considering an AT-RT has 6 health, you'd have to spend several squads attacking it to bring it down. 

Plus semi-random activation and cover can help keep it alive. 

Alex Davvy is in charge of this so I think he took all of the good things from Armada and out them in this game.

9 hours ago, Jester8908 said:

Wish List

- Corran Horn (with some sort of maneuver that utilizes and captures the feel of his dual phase lightsaber) 

- Dash Rendar

- Thrawn

- Orbital strikes

- Secret missions for smugglers and type-specific bounties for bounty hunters

- Clone Wars expansion with many Jedi

- Forget about Episode 7-9 and reinstate Legends so that I can have my Yuuzhan Vong army and Kyp Durron and Jacen and Jaina Solo and finally mend my broken heart. :(

I'm torn... I see some cool stuff in here, but I also see Yuuzhan Vong.   I like the idea of secret mission/bounties and orbital strikes.

52 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

I'm torn... I see some cool stuff in here, but I also see Yuuzhan Vong.   I like the idea of secret mission/bounties and orbital strikes.

Haha, well to each their own. I always liked the Yuuzhan Vong, specifically Nom Anor and Shedao Shai. They were certainly more original enemies than the First Order, if nothing else, and the stories they spawned were epic. 

9 hours ago, Audio Weasel said:

Honest truth, I want the points to work out so that's I can run 2 AT-ST's and 6 speeder bikes along with whatever line troops are required.

We have no idea what an AT-ST might cost but what we do know is what the other stuff might cost so: 1 Vader (200 pts) + 3 x2 Speeder Bikes( 90 x3) + 3 Squads of Stormtroopers (44 x3) = 422 points out of your 800 possible points. That list includes no upgrades but if we were say to assume that an AT-ST was around twice the cost of a AT-RT then it would be around 110 so if that is the case you have a list at 642 points leaving 158 left over for other units or upgrades. 

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

We have no idea what an AT-ST might cost but what we do know is what the other stuff might cost so: 1 Vader (200 pts) + 3 x2 Speeder Bikes( 90 x3) + 3 Squads of Stormtroopers (44 x3) = 422 points out of your 800 possible points. That list includes no upgrades but if we were say to assume that an AT-ST was around twice the cost of a AT-RT then it would be around 110 so if that is the case you have a list at 642 points leaving 158 left over for other units or upgrades. 

Definitely getting a feel for the scale of the game here.

4 hours ago, Jester8908 said:

Haha, well to each their own. I always liked the Yuuzhan Vong, specifically Nom Anor and Shedao Shai. They were certainly more original enemies than the First Order, if nothing else, and the stories they spawned were epic. 

Will never happen. With the comics, animated series, video games and new movies they'll have enough to keep them occupied that EU stuff will never see light of day.

10 hours ago, Norsehound said:

Not sure where you get that idea, since the top 2 at Gencon were an MC80 list and a 2x ISD list. Armada also just now got a pair of new ISD variants an the MC-75 as new large ships announced as well. Star Destroyers in Armada are alive and well, and Rebels aren't "walking" over anything, let alone with exclusively small ship lists or exclusively squadron lists (not to mention that the Empire has small ships and squadrons too that do just fine.)

21 minutes ago, VictoryLeo said:

Will never happen. With the comics, animated series, video games and new movies they'll have enough to keep them occupied that EU stuff will never see light of day.

You're probably right, but this is a wishlist thread, emphasis on the wish. At any rate, I'm overjoyed that you're here to tell us the future. Haha

2 hours ago, Jester8908 said:

You're probably right, but this is a wishlist thread, emphasis on the wish. At any rate, I'm overjoyed that you're here to tell us the future. Haha

You have to be a wee bit realistic otherwise it becomes a post of "I like stuff. Make more stuff I like". We're all Star Wars fans here (obviously) but FFG will never pull every little thing over 40 years of canon/not-canon. As much as I would "wish" for Darth Revan and other Old Republic characters, no need to say how much I want it. It would be more constructive to say what can FFG possibly bring to the table that we want and there's a reasonable chance it'll happen. Examples: First Order stormies, Knights of Ren, Deathtroopers/Shoretroopers. 

Not that it isn't fun to dream big. LOL

Guest Zrob314
22 hours ago, Norsehound said:

Please reference the following:

Midway, Battle of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Midway

Bismark, Sinking of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_battleship_Bismarck

Carriers >Battleships

Fighter/Bombers>Fleets

Wish list:

-Darktroopers 

-Royal Guards, armored versions like in Crimson Empire

- A type of Rebel Trooper with armor original to this game.

-Sniper teams, like in Dust Tactics or Bolt Action

-Vehicles original to this game.

-Wookies for the Rebels 

I'd like to see hero/squad packs that contained 3-5 characters that could make up a unique squad, be played individually, or added to an existing squad. 

The MTV-7 would be awesome.

There's a lot I'd like to see coming for this game.  I'm personally only interested in the Galactic Civil war period (I never watched the prequels at all), so I'm happy that's at least their initial focus.  I would really, really like to see Navy/Deathstar troopers, as well as generic officers to use as commanders.  In wargames, I never run pre-named characters as I much prefer to create my own.