Guest Tim

The Wishlist

Just now, Manchu said:

R2-D2 could be a great support choice given we know vehicles can break down. Someone's gotta fix 'em!

And medical droid as field medics.

However there's still no excuse for a protocol droid on the battlefield.

Han: "Yo, Professor, stick your head out of cover and tell them to surrender."

C-3PO: "As you wish, Captain Solo."

C-3PO (to storm troopers): "Attention all stormtroopers! Please surrender imedi-aaaah!"

C-3PO (to Han): "I don't think they'll listen to me."

Han: "Maybe if you'ld ask them again, more nicely?"

C-3PO: "Impossible man!"

1 hour ago, Manchu said:

Now that I have been reminded of it, I cannot get the MTV-7 out of my head.

As to generic commanders, I bet we will get named characters (like General Weiss) rather than "Imperial Officers." I guess this will depend on whether FFG wants to design spammable commanders.

I'm pretty sure we'll get all the same characters from IA and other Star Wars games FFG makes. They have a habit of re-using some of the same artwork across multiple games and will probably take this opportunity to do the same.

This isn't terrible, btw - the artwork is awesome, and having them look the same across multiple games makes them instantly recognisable/familiar between systems. So I think it makes sense to assume they'll want to make figures that have existing artwork.

Having said that, the artwork on cards I've seen from Legion seems new, so who knows? :)

As to a wishlist, I'd like to see Imperial Speeder Bike scouts on foot, Bounty Hunters, Arihnda Pryce from Rebels for the Imperials and a whole Rogue One set of imps and rebels.

And vehicles, as the promise of those is what's currently getting me excited about the game.

Unless it's the MTV-7 - it looked a bit rubbish when I was a kid and saw it introduced into the figure range, and it hasn't aged well ;)

QS =D

My wish list is that FFG will re think their choice of scale for this game and make it compatible with SWIA figures. This way they can release a Card Booster pack for each Expansion pack (Jabbas Realm, Twin Shadows, Return to Hoth, Bespin Gambit, Core set of course) allowing us to bring our SWIA figures to this game. They could do the same for all the appropriate Ally/Villain packs. 

This would allow us to use our Snow Troopers and Echo Base Troopers and would increase sales of SWIA Ally/Villain packs. This would also decrease wait time for new waves of figures. It takes ALOT less production time to just create new ability cards for the new figures than to create new molds and new packaging. I am not asking them to bring every figure or character from SWIA to Legion, just the ones that make sense. This way less time is spent on re-creating and could be spent on new vehicles and factions not in SWIA.

12 hours ago, Undeadguy said:

Oh great. I can have R2 be my commander and lead ALL my force against evil R2 who shoots ******* missiles?

What am I gunna do? Beep Boop my way to victory? Maybe connect my thingy to your thingy and get you to spill some juicy details? Maybe I'll just taze you till you have a heart attack like a psychopath since R2 is a cold hearted droid.

To be fair R2 is the biggest deus ex factor in Star Wars, he saves the day every single film. (Even if TFA is splitting hairs with how he was used) Besides he could work well with repairing vehicles. 

12 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

Could be worse: Astromech droid faction! :D

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Don't tease me, I'm still waiting for FFG to release R4s and R5s for IA to run them for some kind of X-wing campaign. 

11 hours ago, Manchu said:

C-3PO is the main Ewok faction commander.

That is probably the best reason for him, basically have him as a moving idol or flag bearer for a horde of Ewoks which they can rally behind as they charge forward with their white dice sticks to hit storm troopers.

Republic

Commander: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Mace Windu, tons of other Jedi, Clone Commanders

Core: Phase 1 Clone Troopers, Phase 2 Clone Troopers, Snow Clone Troopers,

Support: AT-RT, BARC Speeders, Jet Troopers, Clone Jump Troopers, Clone Ordinance Troopers, Clone Flame Troopers, Lesser named Jedi, Clone Lancers

Special Forces: ARC Troopers, Clone Commandos, Clone Paratroopers, Clone Shock Troopers

Heavy: AT-AP, AT-ET, TX-130 Saber Tank,

Separatists

Commander: General Grievous, Count Dooku, Asajii Ventrus, Tactical Droid,

Core: B1 Battle Droids, B2 Battle Droids, Geonosians, Umbaran Troopers, IG-86 Droids

Support: STAP, B1 Rocket Droid, Droideka, Dwarf Spider Droid, Small Crab Droid, Lancer Droids

Special Forces: BX Battle Droid Commando, IG-100 Magnaguard

Heavy: B3 Battle Droid, Homing Spider Droid, Hailfire Droid Tank, AAT, Defoliators, Tri Droid

These are just some quick ideas I had for if they ever release Prequel ear factions, and these were pretty quick to come up with and allow at least a few waves worth of material though I’m sure more could be mined. Really the game with its painting aspect would be better with the game considering players could paint their clones up to match whichever legion they wanted. As for how to differentiate Clones and B1 Battle Droids from Stormtroopers and Rebel Troopers just have it where the Clones don’t add standard clones to their squads but specialty ones only (so two variants instead of the one variant and one extra troop upgrades) and the B1 Battle droids are white dice attackers and defenders but cheap and have it where their upgrades are 2 extra troop upgrades and 1 variant.

Guest SRSn1per

Am i the only person who loves its not compatible with IA. I found those models to be atrocious, but decent enough to at least be paint worthy. I love the larger scale and more detail it shows they aren't just re-using board game minis in a wargame.... that would not make this a wargame.

Just now, Guest SRSn1per said:

Am i the only person who loves its not compatible with IA. I found those models to be atrocious, but decent enough to at least be paint worthy. I love the larger scale and more detail it shows they aren't just re-using board game minis in a wargame.... that would not make this a wargame.

I've not actually seen IA minis up close, but from what I've read here it seems they are soft rather than hard plastic (as well as being smaller). I'm assuming FFG want Legion to be taken 'seriously' as a tabletop wargame (i.e. a rival to W40K and Bolt Action)...soft plastic minis would actively work against that happening.

6 hours ago, Guest SRSn1per said:

No, no you're not. Some people just feel that just because they bought a completely *different* game they shouldn't have to pay to buy into a completely *different* game. Or realize whatever they do in their own home isn't monitored by the FFG Secret Police and they won't storm in melt your IA miniatures in front of you.

Gimme jet troopers. Gimme Veers. Gimme Rebel commandos.  Gimme a sandcrawler. Gimme various aliens

I'd rather see models for most of the IA heroes than any characters created for Rogue One or Rebels.