Kehl_Aecea

An idea for TIEs

I'm not sure if this would be a condition card or just a natural ability for Imperials since they are the only ones with unshielded ships, this COULD be their thing (Rebels have the regen, Scum have drugs and illegal tech...). Right, so, let's say you have 4 generic TIE Fighters on the board. Unless the dice are VERY kind, you're PROBABLY gonna get wrecked. What if there was a rule where for every 2 unshielded TIEs, each TIE gets a +1 to it's agility for a max of +2 (mainly had to throw this max in other wise Epic games would be a green dice nightmare...)? At first I was thinking add a hull, but that really didn't make much sense, but TIEs are known for their quick handling and this synergy wouldn't force a player to use multiples of the same ship unless they wanted to. ANY two unshielded TIEs would work. Alternatively, instead of throwing more green dice, maybe just add 1 evade result for every 2 unshielded TIE or would that be too good?

I would love to hear your thoughts since most of the users on the boards have far more experience than I do.

I was thinking of keeping this thing a flat bonus PLUS the extra green die for range 3/obstacles. I mean, again, Rebels have all ships with shields and different ways to regenerate them. Scum has shielded ships with some having ludicrous maneuverability, shields, and a singular way to regenerate them on top of all the other goodies that are scum only. Imperials have... low costed ships... kinda... sorta...

Look, I'm primarily a Rebel player. I feel like, for the most part, Rebels are in an okay place. Yeah, yeah, I'm definitely on the classic X-Wing needs a fix bandwagon, but overall we're good. Scum is STRONG. Not unbeatable, but they're **** solid.  Imperials NEED a bump, and the Gunboat, while amazing, isn't gonna be the end all, be all fighter. Plus, who wants to see the same ship on the table ALL the time? I really feel like this will bring back the classic TIE fighters and Interceptors to the mat again (not that they aren't being played, but... you know what I mean!) 

This would be REALLY strong early and mid-game since the bonus would deplete as your ships get vaporized, which I feel would be a thematic way to show the other pilots getting nervous/demoralized. 

What imperials need is a way to absorb damage without dying... but not simply ignore it, either. I personally favor stress as the balancing factor, as ships with 3 green dice REALLY want their defensive actions. This forces the "damaged" ship to perform a green maneuver, breaking formations and making it easier to finish off the tie... but leaves the rest of your forces availale to counterpounce.

"Once per round, when you would recieve a facedown damage card, you may receive a stress instead."

"When defending and you have no shields, you may receive a stress to turn 1 blank into an evade"

"When defending and you have no shields, you may reroll 1 defense die. If you do, and you take no damage, gain a stress token."

Nothing too powerful, beccause you want the price to be as close to 0 as possible- something for 8 tie swarms, not something for triple x7 defenders

Just now, Rakaydos said:

What imperials need is a way to absorb damage without dying... but not simply ignore it, either. I personally favor stress as the balancing factor, as ships with 3 green dice REALLY want their defensive actions. This forces the "damaged" ship to perform a green maneuver, breaking formations and making it easier to finish off the tie... but leaves the rest of your forces availale to counterpounce.

"Once per round, when you would recieve a facedown damage card, you may receive a stress instead."

"When defending and you have no shields, you may receive a stress to turn 1 blank into an evade"

"When defending and you have no shields, you may reroll 1 defense die. If you do, and you take no damage, gain a stress token."

Nothing too powerful, beccause you want the price to be as close to 0 as possible- something for 8 tie swarms, not something for triple x7 defenders

What if we gave them the ability to spread damage? Like Xizor's ability but an... Imperial only EPT? Or maybe a TIE only title... okay what slots on a TIE aren't getting used that we can bolt this thing into? Mod Slot? Call it Defensive Swarm Tactics, and you can shuttle damage to any TIE on the DST network?

4 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

What if we gave them the ability to spread damage? Like Xizor's ability but an... Imperial only EPT? Or maybe a TIE only title... okay what slots on a TIE aren't getting used that we can bolt this thing into? Mod Slot? Call it Defensive Swarm Tactics, and you can shuttle damage to any TIE on the DST network?

Say hello to Fair Ship Imperials!

Just gonna leave it at that.

37 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

Say hello to Fair Ship Imperials!

Just gonna leave it at that.

Yeah, but if we kept it at TIE only, and made it so you spread the damage in the form of face down damage cards instead of normal hits, it wouldn't be that bad.

Edited by Mward1984

Only issue is that if Imperials can get automatic defense bonuses, that allows an EPT pilot with an added red die skill to be able to play Swarm Leader with much less concern about spending other fighter's evade tokens.

Mauler Mithel throwing out 6 dice a turn because of automatic green TIE dice? Yes please! I'll even throw a shield on him to make him more survivable.